Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
im putting this here because theres no section for actual forum unbans
-1 from my prospective. I have seen some posts and he seems to know that he has gotten enough warnings from every post he had deleted.
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
Quote:Do not spam or shitpost.
Do not repost the same thread or reply to a thread with the intention of cluttering space or derailing a topic. Do not repeatedly pm members or staff for the same reason or for seeking help on a topic, there is likely an appropriate forum section to ask in. Do not post in important sections without proper form and reason. For example, do not post fake applications or ban requests with not format or proof. A shitposting section was created for joke threads that will not clutter the forums. These posts will be deleted, warned, and may lead to the ban of the account in serious situations.

Thanks for posting this, B0T.

My intention was never to clutter space on a thread or derail the topic. In fact, I think you'll find quite a few of my "shitposts" are actually on topic, albeit making a joke of said topic.

Also, this

"For example, do not post fake applications or ban requests with not format or proof."

Was this person's thread deleted and were they warned?

(09-19-2020, 07:03 PM)§bKiwi The Fruit Wrote: my thing is: you never know what is going on behind the scenes. you don't know who or what sarcasm or anyone else is doing. it's easy to assume that a particular person is targeting you if they're the only ones giving you warnings. but, keep in mind: staff doesn't always do things at their own discretion. It might be that they were working for somebody else (like the case with a mod banning somebody because somebody else asked them too.) It just seems like this is attacking sarcasm for doing what he's told and following the rules. But that's just my take on it as somebody from the outside attempting to look in.

As a former staff member, I realize that the staff work with each other sometimes. For instance, a TTT Trusted has a Moderator ban somebody instead of making a ban request because it saves time. I understand this. It's also the job of the person handing the punishment out to make sure there is a good reason to be handing out a punishment.

I am not the only person to have noticed a problem with warns being handed out like candy. As he said above, Foxka has noticed this, and so have other community members that have chosen not to speak up as of right now.

Outside of the community, I have no problems with Sarcasm. I have talked with him multiple times and I'd say we are on good terms. I don't know where you're getting the notion that I was attacking him for doing his job, because I have not done that at all. I didn't even mention him in the first post. I realize the second one could be misconstrued that way and I apologize for not being more clear in what I was saying. The point I'm trying to get across in this unban request overall is that everybody needs to just chill. You don't need to delete and warn people for every joke being made that isn't in the shitposting section.

Sarcasm, dong, Titan, and Nicol are currently the only admins. Yes, Sarcasm has warned me the most. I cannot see how many times he's warned me overall, but 3 of my past 5 warns are from him. The other 2 are from dong and matt_st3 (Strongrule). Do I think Sarcasm is out to get me on purpose? No, not at all. I understand he's doing his job. It just seems like he's over-doing it.

(09-19-2020, 07:23 PM)B0T. ikillyou Wrote: -1 from my prospective. I have seen some posts and he seems to know that he has gotten enough warnings from every post he had deleted.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong (and if so, then I'm sorry, please tell me) but yes, I've gotten quite a bit of warnings. That's not going to stop me from cracking jokes when I see the opportunity to get a few laughs. I believe the line between shitposting and not has been blurred a lot and things that are not shitposts but are still jokes are being seen as shitposts and are being deleted, which I don't think is fair.

edit: oh my god im so sorry for the text wall
Yes. I have no problems with Sarcasm as well. This is just a problem I’ve been noticing with warms. Anyway I would 1+ on a reduction at least since I think a month ban for shitposting is overkill. I mean no disrespect I’m just saying what I think on the situation.
My problem is a lot of your replies add nothing useful to the threads you post in or are just being a smartass when everybody already understands what's going on. You've even said it before in your replies to drama threads. My take is -1, you should just serve the 1 month ban and try to learn that trying to be the funny guy in a bad situation isn't always a good idea.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
i cant vote for or against you im clearly bias. im so done with you constantly shitposting or just being a dick you dont stop and you wont stop. i enjoy your company but you never fucking stop. i do not like you as a person anymore all i see you as is a problem. you make it so hard to do anything i see you on thats an instant get off or i just dont play you ruin things.

edit because i did not make my point very well
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
(09-19-2020, 07:43 PM)Battons Wrote: My problem is a lot of your replies add nothing useful to the threads you post in or are just being a smartass when everybody already understands what's going on. You've even said it before in your replies to drama threads.

Which is why I said I don't disagree with the ban reason. I know I shitpost. I don't think I should have been banned for this specific offense, let alone for an entire month.
I said "attacking" because it felt like this forum was becoming "oh, sarcasm is targeting people he's bad at what he does." I'm also going to have to -1 this. Warnings are warnings for a reason. I'm sorry.
[Image: image0_2.jpg]
(09-19-2020, 07:45 PM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote: i cant vote for or against you im clearly bias. im so done with you constantly shitposting or just being a dick you dont stop and you wont stop. i enjoy your company but you never fucking stop. i do not like you as a person anymore all i see you as is a problem.

Whether you like me or not is irrelevant to this thread. Either vote/give information that pertains to the topic or don't comment.
Emerging from the shadows to add my two cents. I have seen many posts of yours and they either don't add to the thread or are shitposts contradicting what the thread is trying to accomplish. I know you have fun and crack jokes, but there is a time and place for them.
LET ME IN.
[Image: The_Fiend_2.jpg]
Before banning you, I talked to Dong and Nicol before proceeding with a specific ban length. The shitpost that got you banned specifically was on a staff application. That is generally the one place where you for sure should not shitpost. If a staff application is seen as a shitpost, it is then removed. I do not believe that the application was a shitpost, I believe the kid actually wanted staff and his ban was to a length where he may not have even noticed it. Everyone was taking it seriously, giving critiques, things the kid had done wrong. Yes, the application was bad and there was no way the kid was getting staff however you came in and made up a complete mocking shitpost on the thread.

Upon seeing the post the other admins and I agreed on banning you for a month, it's just the matter that I banned you because I was already there. I was informed that you had been possibly temp banned in the past from the forums and that you always had a warning level to certain point around 40%-60%. My number of warnings on accounts and punishments have gone down from when matt and others originally resigned because individuals who like to shitpost decided to take that opportunity to see what they could get away with so I was monitoring more threads. Nicol was busy at this time and both Titan and Dong were very new to the staff team so I was letting them learn how to be admins for their respective servers before having them have to worry about anything on the forums. Now, I pretty much do not watch TTT threads and just keep an eye on important threads for PH, Murder, and sometimes DR. I realize that I dished out multiple warnings instead of deleting posts. For threads, I generally just moved them. The reason why I just dished out warnings and warning levels on accounts is because a majority of the people shitposting or posting comments that could easily be perceived as shitposting, were long time members of the community. Community members who already knew what should be or should not be okay on the forums. The last couple of months, I have calmed down on the amount of warnings I give out. I am not targetting anyone specifically, I warn people I do not know very well like you or Foxka and friends like MissPauling.

I realize it is only a gaming server, but that does not make shitposting everywhere possible okay. Some people are trying to have actual discussions some times or are going over important issues. We have given people plenty of places to shitpost on the forums and discord with an actual subforum set aside for shitposting, the shoutbox, and probably more than a couple of the channels in discord. Things like important discussion threads, staff applications, ban and unban requests and abuse reports are not places for shitposting. I realize you guys and gals are trying to have fun. It is why I have lessened the amount of warnings given out. I think what did not help was the individuals that left when they did.

They were not small people but moreso pillars of the community. Nuru, Matt, and Avi were all terrible people to lose in this community and we should not have lost them. Them leaving, which I understand in no way am I blaming them, has left me as the most senior not dead upper staff member with the longest staffing experience. Add that with some real life events and I was definitely on edge there for a bit. I may have judged a couple of people harshly but I stand by my choice to have you banned for a month. You did shitpost on a staff application of a BAD contender but that does not give you permission to shitpost on said thread. You have been constantly shitposting on the forums and I discussed the ban with Dong and Nicol before executing.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army