Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what the F is going on
(09-20-2020, 01:06 AM)dong Wrote: Listening to staff is in the rules however
it is. and i listened to staff and made it where they take no damage and still get called out for rdm. again the staff is their to enforce the server rules not their own.
[Image: giphy.gif]
just because it's not in the !motd just yet, doesn't mean they don't exist. there's still quite a few number of rules needed to be added, but for now is being implemented until it is. at the end of the day, the staff gets the last say, and you should've complied. i agree to an extent that pushing someone isn't considered rdm, however like blurgh said, you don't know how much health another player has. so if you push them and they die, that's rdm. so what the staff is trying to do is to prevent that from happening.

now in my opinion, when you push someone off like their spot or off the edge into water or off the first floor, that's fine right? but when you constantly do it and they tell you to stop, you should respect them enough to actually stop because then you're just trolling. your argument of: "if i can do it, they can do it to me back" will just make the server toxic and regulars/staff on the murder server actually respect one another there.
[Image: dinkleshitsignaturetiny.jpg]
*sigh* it is the same concept as damaging someone on TTT, you do so fully knowing and accepting that you may kill them. There is a thing such as damage trolling where one does damage to many without killing them as an attempt to skirt the rules of rdm. You were very argumentive on multiple occasions last night which lead me to believe you knew what you were doing was trolling.

Before this occasion on the same map you argued with August regarding the fact that you were blocking the hatch to the basement by pushing anyone away who opened the hatch. We get many people on server who don't know how to push people, I've personally had to explain it to at least 2-3 people in the past 4-5 days, so not everyone is going to push back. There is also a message that pops up on the bottom of everyone's screen every so often that tells you to be careful with pushing people/spamming e as it can cause damage which will result in punishment.

I asked you at least 2 times to stop pushing myself and a guest off the roof. The guest didn't have a jump pack so they had no way of stopping the damage from being launched in the air. My jump pack was glitching out and acting as if I wasn't wearing one, as it sometimes happens to multiple people, so I had no choice but to take the damage. I waited to slay you for it as I wanted to ensure you were not the murderer before issuing a punishment I had warned you would come if it continued. You then got argumentive while fully admitting you know it can kill someone but wanted to do so anyway.

Staff should not have to lay out every situation in the guidelines, we've stated this many times in the community whether it be forums, discord, or on the server itself. You all refuse to read the rules anyways unless it is to find ways to skirt the rules so you can do what you want thinking it won't result in punishment. However, if you do things knowing they can kill someone and are asked to stop by the people you are doing them to but continue and are found to not be the murderer, that can be considered attempted rdm/trolling/harassment (if you are continually doing it to the same person,) and is punishable.

If you were allowed to just do whatever you want without punishment why even have a rule page to begin with? I'm not going to let people ruin the game for others just cause they want to do whatever they want.

I will also mentioned that when you pushed me the 2nd time you took nearly half my health and in no way even attempted to push me in the direction of the pool.

And seeing as I, a staff member, asked you multiple times to stop and you chose not to listen I was well within my rights to act upon the not listening to staff punishment section. The only difference is that instead of kicking you and making you reload everything I chose to slay you instead.
(09-20-2020, 04:55 AM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: *sigh* it is the same concept as damaging someone on TTT, you do so fully knowing and accepting that you may kill them. There is a thing such as damage trolling where one does damage to many without killing them as an attempt to skirt the rules of rdm. You were very argumentive on multiple occasions last night which lead me to believe you knew what you were doing was trolling.

Before this occasion on the same map you argued with August regarding the fact that you were blocking the hatch to the basement by pushing anyone away who opened the hatch. We get many people on server who don't know how to push people, I've personally had to explain it to at least 2-3 people in the past 4-5 days, so not everyone is going to push back. There is also a message that pops up on the bottom of everyone's screen every so often that tells you to be careful with pushing people/spamming e as it can cause damage which will result in punishment.

I asked you at least 2 times to stop pushing myself and a guest off the roof. The guest didn't have a jump pack so they had no way of stopping the damage from being launched in the air. My jump pack was glitching out and acting as if I wasn't wearing one, as it sometimes happens to multiple people, so I had no choice but to take the damage. I waited to slay you for it as I wanted to ensure you were not the murderer before issuing a punishment I had warned you would come if it continued. You then got argumentive while fully admitting you know it can kill someone but wanted to do so anyway.

Staff should not have to lay out every situation in the guidelines, we've stated this many times in the community whether it be forums, discord, or on the server itself. You all refuse to read the rules anyways unless it is to find ways to skirt the rules so you can do what you want thinking it won't result in punishment. However, if you do things knowing they can kill someone and are asked to stop by the people you are doing them to but continue and are found to not be the murderer, that can be considered attempted rdm/trolling/harassment (if you are continually doing it to the same person,) and is punishable.

If you were allowed to just do whatever you want without punishment why even have a rule page to begin with? I'm not going to let people ruin the game for others just cause they want to do whatever they want.

I will also mentioned that when you pushed me the 2nd time you took nearly half my health and in no way even attempted to push me in the direction of the pool.

And seeing as I, a staff member, asked you multiple times to stop and you chose not to listen I was well within my rights to act upon the not listening to staff punishment section. The only difference is that instead of kicking you and making you reload everything I chose to slay you instead.
 ok and as staff you should know its not the jump pack that prevents the damage its crouching before you hit the ground. and people were able to push me out of the way to get in the cellar. so therefor i was never really blocking the door but instead making it more difficult to get it. plus as a murder im sure you are very aware of that you can throw the knife and most times when someone threw the knife they would kill me.

(09-20-2020, 04:42 AM)daisy Wrote: just because it's not in the !motd just yet, doesn't mean they don't exist. there's still quite a few number of rules needed to be added, but for now is being implemented until it is. at the end of the day, the staff gets the last say, and you should've complied. i agree to an extent that pushing someone isn't considered rdm, however like blurgh said, you don't know how much health another player has. so if you push them and they die, that's rdm. so what the staff is trying to do is to prevent that from happening.

now in my opinion, when you push someone off like their spot or off the edge into water or off the first floor, that's fine right? but when you constantly do it and they tell you to stop, you should respect them enough to actually stop because then you're just trolling. your argument of: "if i can do it, they can do it to me back" will just make the server toxic and regulars/staff on the murder server actually respect one another there.

how will pushing people away from you so you stay alive longer make the server more toxic ? its part of the game. its how you play the game lol. i am fully aware that pushing will and can cause damage but you dont take that much damage from being pushed off to where you can push someone off a roof 6 times in a row and still not die. everyone was just upset that they got pushed from a spot. and the fact that instead of pushing back you instead when straight to staff abuse and slay me for something that isnt illegal. now if i kept doing it and people were dying from it and staff were to tell me to knock it off i would cause im not playing to just rdm everyone. not playing to rdm anyone for that matter but it happens from time to time and i will always call out if i do rdm so i can be punished for it.
As Dong had said, one of the rules is to listen to staff. Multiple staff members had asked for you to stop, and you were even slayed for this. The right thing to do was to debate the issue here on the forums rather than continue to do what you were told not to and argue the warnings over server voice chat.
(09-20-2020, 04:28 PM)August Wrote: As Dong had said, one of the rules is to listen to staff. Multiple staff members had asked for you to stop, and you were even slayed for this. The right thing to do was to debate the issue here on the forums rather than continue to do what you were told not to and argue the warnings over server voice chat.
 because what i was doing wasnt against the rules. and was just playing the game. if im not breaking any rules then staff wouldnt be on my case. its just the fact that they were upset for being pushed. as DINK himself has stated if you are pushed push pack and if that push causes death then punish as under RDM'ing.  cant tell someone to stop playing the game or abide by THEIR rules just because its not going thier way.

(09-20-2020, 04:28 PM)August Wrote: As Dong had said, one of the rules is to listen to staff. Multiple staff members had asked for you to stop, and you were even slayed for this. The right thing to do was to debate the issue here on the forums rather than continue to do what you were told not to and argue the warnings over server voice chat.

thats what none of you are understanding. can't punish someone if they havent broken any of the rules. and punishing someone just because they play the game differently than you doesnt mean you jump to your staff powers.
Please show evidence of Dink stating spam pushing people off roofs and high places is ok and that you should just push them back as I cant find this anywhere on the forums despite looking through all 7 pages of dinks posts attached to his profile.

cause the only thing I can find is Dink stating hes leaning towards both remove it and popcorn as it causes issues.
(09-20-2020, 04:52 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: Please show evidence of Dink stating spam pushing people off roofs and high places is ok and that you should just push them back as I cant find this anywhere on the forums despite looking through all 7 pages of dinks posts attached to his profile.

unfortunately i do not have evidence to back that claim up so take it with a grain of salt.
Evidence of dink saying he may just remove the features can be found on this thread regarding espamming issues https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...937&page=2
(09-20-2020, 04:57 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: Evidence of dink saying he may just remove the features can be found on this thread regarding espamming issues https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...937&page=2

some good points in that thread but also i was never spamming E. so idk how that ever came about but it is what it is. and that was 5 months ago when dink said he would remove that feature as its still in present day i am going to assume that he changed his mind since we all can do it.