Poll: Low or high gravity
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Low
50.00%
11 50.00%
High (current jump height)
50.00%
11 50.00%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower gravity or higher gravity
The current gravity is fine.

Lower gravity. Perspective from people who are playing internationally with a higher ping, it's already difficult to time traps to catch runners, the fact that more people will learn to Bhop easier will make being death significantly more difficult. Yes it would add a new challenge factor, but I could see it annoying people more than helping them.  The current Bhoppers we have are already fast and in some cases out pace the deaths on certain smaller maps, so giving an additional advantage doesn't sound ideal.

Higher gravity. Many new players already struggle to jump basic trap gaps, and the fact is you barely make it as is. I feel like we'd lose a lot of player base due to frustration of not being able to simply jump the gap. Yes you can argue that if you Bhop then you'll make the gap every time, however I've watch MANY players attempt to bhop and fail repetitively then leave out of frustration.
(09-24-2020, 12:29 AM)The Triangle Wrote: The current gravity is fine.

Increasing gravity.....

We're not increasing the gravity this is to see if people would prefer the current high gravity or basically the jump pack gravity (tho it'll be a bit lower jump wise)
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
(09-24-2020, 04:40 AM)Alora Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 12:29 AM)The Triangle Wrote: The current gravity is fine.

Increasing gravity.....

We're not increasing the gravity this is to see if people would prefer the current high gravity or basically the jump pack gravity (tho it'll be a bit lower jump wise)

That makes more sense.
(09-24-2020, 04:40 AM)Alora Wrote: We're not increasing the gravity this is to see if people would prefer the current high gravity or basically the jump pack gravity (tho it'll be a bit lower jump wise)

As long as it isn't much lower than the jump pack gravity (like at most 100 lower than whatever the jump pack was I'm talking), then yes lower
I think they're both good in their own way as you stated, i was thinking low gravity would be a bit too OP imo, but now i see why having low gravity
would be better in a lot of ways and be more fun for the community.
[Image: titan.gif]
I don't want anything similar to the jump pack
[Image: J6yUs0g]
On second thought, ignore my vote for lower gravity and change it to higher (IE normal) gravity. Makes the game more balanced, and trap skipping isn't fun for anyone on the death team nor is it very fair. The gravity is fine as it currently is
I change my mind, I picked low without thinking about it much. I think it's better the way it is. Because I noticed some new players the previous days have been mentioning how they like the server because of the gravity itself, although there are no jet packs, I think it's better that way if you do want to attract newer players.

Even tho I agree with your bias on the bhopping, I enjoy it myself buut I think I prefer the current gravity the way it is too.
[Image: Screenshot_2016-05-05-17-49-53.png]
(09-25-2020, 11:24 AM)Ethan Wrote: On second thought, ignore my vote for lower gravity and change it to higher (IE normal) gravity. Makes the game more balanced, and trap skipping isn't fun for anyone on the death team nor is it very fair. The gravity is fine as it currently is

(09-25-2020, 03:36 PM)Oly Wrote: I change my mind, I picked low without thinking about it much. I think it's better the way it is. Because I noticed some new players the previous days have been mentioning how they like the server because of the gravity itself, although there are no jet packs, I think it's better that way if you do want to attract newer players.

Even tho I agree with your bias on the bhopping, I enjoy it myself buut I think I prefer the current gravity the way it is too.

Changed both of your votes to keep it at the current gravity. (also made it clearer that the high gravity is the current gravity)
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
Personally I like where it's at currently.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]