Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vape Spam
This is the only server I've ever heard of having the vape be considered spam. Nah fam, its the swep so either get rid of it or make a specific rule instead of warning people over something that isn't In the rules.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(09-28-2020, 05:31 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: This is the only server I've ever heard of having the vape be considered spam. Nah fam, its the swep so either get rid of it or make a specific rule instead of warning people over something that isn't In the rules.
Thank you! Speaking the truth.  That's why I feel like its abuse.  Its just because snicks doesn't like it.  But its absolutely a swep so remove or make a rule for it.
Just coz its not in the rules, doesn't mean its not one. Just as these mods said, it is considered irritable and can bother players. I personally do not like it and have seen tons of players to tell people to be quiet or not spam it so much. No one wants to hear a repetitive sound endlessly.

I get if you're gonna spam it like 3x or something like that but if you're gonna do it constantly and you consider that "fun", then you gotta fix your version of fun. Coz no one is RESTRICTING you from using your vape or the vape sounds. It's more if you abuse it, then you're just being inconsiderate.
[Image: Screenshot_2016-05-05-17-49-53.png]
(09-28-2020, 04:36 PM)The Triangle Wrote: I see where you're coming from on there not being a rule specific to Vape spam. 

The closest rule/Guideline I would associate it with is Mic spam which is mentioned as follows:

Mic/chat spam is the act of producing irritable or bothersome noises into your mic or spamming the chat. 

Examples:
- Screaming, excessive singing, whistling, humming, excessive loud speaking, pressing x where people can your game audio repeatedly, repeatedly telling somebody to do something, playing music into a mic, repeating a word/phrase into the chat box, repeating a word/phrase using !p or @, repeating sexual words/phrases, excessive laughing, excessively doing voice impressions, using a voice changer, and using another language to cheat or say inappropriate things

It's not against the rules to use your Vape, I would just be considerate of others as it is annoying to hear things like "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" or "VAPE NATION" every 2 seconds. 

So let's make this simple, don't spam it. You can use it but don't abuse it. 

Hello, new player to the deathrun server here.

While I haven't spent a lot of time on the server, I have noticed quite a lot of folks "spamming" the vape noises. Personally, so far, the noises have been pretty funny. Subjectively, some may find such noises annoying, but I also don't really don't see them being as bad as other kinds of spam that you get. 

I think that part of the appeal of these items is the ability to create these sound effects, and well, it's clear some of us are more enthusiastic than others with these noises, especially when the item is new. If vape spam really is an issue, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that the rules explicitly state that. It would be good to know what the expectations are, something a bit more descriptive which goes beyond the opinion of a singular moderator.

There's a difference between moderating chat for anti-social behavior, and giving players an ingame noisemaker and expecting them to use it reasonably. If you classify everything that's subjectively annoying as 'mic spam', then arguably me running around spamming crowbar noises is also micspam. You know, because arguably someone could also find that annoying.

Anyway, I felt the need to comment on this because it is a bit disheartening to see someone being reprimanded for something you see everyone else doing anyway.

Quote:No there's not going to be cool down added at this time because that's coding things and we have more important things to fix than Vape noises.

Like responding to forum posts about the issue, instead?

But seriously, would there be interest if someone did develop 'uses per round' functionality?
(09-28-2020, 05:48 PM)Lect Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 05:31 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: This is the only server I've ever heard of having the vape be considered spam. Nah fam, its the swep so either get rid of it or make a specific rule instead of warning people over something that isn't In the rules.
Thank you! Speaking the truth.  That's why I feel like its abuse.  Its just because snicks doesn't like it.  But its absolutely a swep so remove or make a rule for it.
Like I said, a couple times - and other people have repeated on here just because it isn't explicitly stated in the rules doesn't mean it doesn't count as spam. I tried to explain what most of these people did to you and Ghostbuster. I don't make the rules, I only enforce them. You wanted to hear from the admin, and the admin even responded to you to tell you to stop and listen but you both still felt the need to keep arguing about it. It's not just because "I don't like it".
[Image: Ban_Dink.jpg]
The vape used to be spammable on TTT but that was fixed. Not sure why it can't be ported over to DR.

Oh this is a donor abuse thread whoops. Yeah this isn't really abuse but a separate suggestion thread could likely come from it
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I mean, I guess it could loosely be under trolling rules, but I feel like spammability is partially on the dev since the cool down is too low
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
what is the actual abuse being done??? I didn't even realize this was an abuse report till just now. -1 Snicks is a good staff member also please present your own evidence next time
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(09-28-2020, 06:03 PM)Pop\n'fresh * Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 04:36 PM)The Triangle Wrote: I see where you're coming from on there not being a rule specific to Vape spam. 

The closest rule/Guideline I would associate it with is Mic spam which is mentioned as follows:

Mic/chat spam is the act of producing irritable or bothersome noises into your mic or spamming the chat. 

Examples:
- Screaming, excessive singing, whistling, humming, excessive loud speaking, pressing x where people can your game audio repeatedly, repeatedly telling somebody to do something, playing music into a mic, repeating a word/phrase into the chat box, repeating a word/phrase using !p or @, repeating sexual words/phrases, excessive laughing, excessively doing voice impressions, using a voice changer, and using another language to cheat or say inappropriate things

It's not against the rules to use your Vape, I would just be considerate of others as it is annoying to hear things like "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" or "VAPE NATION" every 2 seconds. 

So let's make this simple, don't spam it. You can use it but don't abuse it. 

Hello, new player to the deathrun server here.

While I haven't spent a lot of time on the server, I have noticed quite a lot of folks "spamming" the vape noises. Personally, so far, the noises have been pretty funny. Subjectively, some may find such noises annoying, but I also don't really don't see them being as bad as other kinds of spam that you get. 

I think that part of the appeal of these items is the ability to create these sound effects, and well, it's clear some of us are more enthusiastic than others with these noises, especially when the item is new. If vape spam really is an issue, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that the rules explicitly state that. It would be good to know what the expectations are, something a bit more descriptive which goes beyond the opinion of a singular moderator.

There's a difference between moderating chat for anti-social behavior, and giving players an ingame noisemaker and expecting them to use it reasonably. If you classify everything that's subjectively annoying as 'mic spam', then arguably me running around spamming crowbar noises is also micspam. You know, because arguably someone could also find that annoying.

Anyway, I felt the need to comment on this because it is a bit disheartening to see someone being reprimanded for something you see everyone else doing anyway.

Quote:No there's not going to be cool down added at this time because that's coding things and we have more important things to fix than Vape noises.

Like responding to forum posts about the issue, instead?

But seriously, would there be interest if someone did develop 'uses per round' functionality?
I couldn't have said it better myself.

(09-28-2020, 06:17 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: I mean, I guess it could loosely be under trolling rules, but I feel like spammability is partially on the dev since the cool down is too low
Absolutely
Add a statement about vape spamming in the rules. Issue solved.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide