Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think an appropriate teaming rule should be?
Dang, people be saying 2 weeks is harsh haha on the old server I was on it was a perma ban o__O
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
(10-13-2020, 04:23 PM)Kapitan BillyBob Wrote: Dang, people be saying 2 weeks is harsh haha on the old server I was on it was a perma ban o__O
To be fair, it used to be a perma ban here too for the first offense if the way I read the old forum posts are right but they changed that.
1st Offense: Warning
2nd Offense: 24 Hour / 1 Day Ban
3rd Offense: 1 or 2 weeks

Repeated Offenses after 3rd Offense: 2 Weeks

Permaban is excessive for a 2nd Offense for Teaming, and does not belong in the rules. Neither does a 2 Week Ban for a First Offense either. Obviously I think it should be at least warnable for a First Offense, and the Second shouldn't be a long ban either. You could go either way beyond that, but 2 Weeks I think is a comfortable Max Duration of a ban after a sufficient amount of Offenses. The ban duration shouldn't go any higher than that.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(10-13-2020, 04:58 PM)Christian Wrote: 1st Offense: Warning
3rd Offense: 2 weeks

Repeated Offenses after 3rd Offense: 2 Weeks

Permaban is excessive for a 2nd Offense for Teaming, and does not belong in the rules. Neither does a 2 Week Ban for a First Offense either. Obviously I think it should be at least warnable for a First Offense, and the Second shouldn't be a long ban either. You could go either way beyond that, but 2 Weeks I think is a comfortable Max Duration of a ban after a sufficient amount of Offenses. The ban duration shouldn't go any higher than that.
I can agree with this but again it also might depend on the situation I think. Like so many people just come on to troll/cause trouble and they just team blantantly. Sometimes even multiple times. Hence why I think moderate and severe ghosting might be useful to have in the rules. Like when they do come back usually they just end up doing the same stuff again.
(10-13-2020, 05:06 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: I can agree with this but again it also might depend on the situation I think. Like so many people just come on to troll and they just team blantantly. Sometimes even multiple times.

This is understandable. However, most of the times Teaming isn't really that malicious. Can it be? Absolutely.

I really don't think Teaming should be a Permabannable offense after multiple offenses, unless you're doing additional things to warrant a Perma (obvious trolling,etc.)
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(10-13-2020, 05:10 PM)Christian Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 05:06 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: I can agree with this but again it also might depend on the situation I think. Like so many people just come on to troll and they just team blantantly. Sometimes even multiple times.

This is understandable. However, most of the times Teaming isn't really that malicious. Can it be? Absolutely.

I really don't think Teaming should be a Permabannable offense after multiple offenses, unless you're doing additional things to warrant a Perma (obvious trolling,etc.)
Yeah, they might use what you suggested for the revision since I think your suggestion is fine either way.   If Nicol and Dong do go the moderate and severe ghosting path they will probably use what you suggested or something similar to moderate ghosting. Severe ghosting probably would be longer. But if they don’t go that path they might just use your suggestion for ghosting as a whole and maybe say use discretion with it as well.
(10-13-2020, 01:09 PM)Salty Wrote: Personally, I  think we should categorize teaming into two subcategories like how ghosting is setup, with moderate and malicious teaming. Malicious teaming would be someone who is ruining the round and experience for someone else, whereas moderate would be just people screwing around. 
I agree with this.

There is teaming like giving someone a t item and them turning a blind eye etc which is just annoying/being dumb

Then there is teaming to help the t's win ie mass rdm etc

They shouldn't be treated the same. The first in my opinion should only get like a slay at best/warned. The second one should be bans etc
The only severe teaming in my opinion is when all parties are constantly working toward's the other's objective, usually resulting in mass RDM.
Like for example, a traitor and detective set up in a room together shooting every person that walks in. Or an innocent helping a traitor knowingly get multiple kills. 

The punishment for this, should be a permanent ban.

But in instances where the teaming results in very minimal negative outcome, say, one victim, or if it's disputable as to whether or not the innocent was aware of the teaming, like if the innocent had seen their partner kill a traitor, then it should be counted as a minor offense of teaming. This includes cases where a traitor lets an innocent into a traitor room, because often it is disputable as to whether or not they are aware of who opened the door, and cases where an innocent receives a T item, as this is unclear as to where the other person gets the item. Harsh punishments should be avoided in cases where someone could easily lie, and change the outcome of the situation.

The punishment for this should be
1st offense: 2 day ban
2nd offense: two week ban
3rd offense: permanent ban
(10-13-2020, 06:15 PM)two rats kissing Wrote: The only severe teaming in my opinion is when all parties are constantly working toward's the other's objective, usually resulting in mass RDM.
Like for example, a traitor and detective set up in a room together shooting every person that walks in. Or an innocent helping a traitor knowingly get multiple kills. 

The punishment for this, should be a permanent ban.

But in instances where the teaming results in very minimal negative outcome, say, one victim, or if it's disputable as to whether or not the innocent was aware of the teaming, like if the innocent had seen their partner kill a traitor, then it should be counted as a minor offense of teaming. This includes cases where a traitor lets an innocent into a traitor room, because often it is disputable as to whether or not they are aware of who opened the door, and cases where an innocent receives a T item, as this is unclear as to where the other person gets the item. Harsh punishments should be avoided in cases where someone could easily lie, and change the outcome of the situation.

The punishment for this should be
1st offense: 2 day ban
2nd offense: two week ban
3rd offense: permanent ban
nah
(10-13-2020, 04:58 PM)Christian Wrote: 1st Offense: Warning
3rd Offense: 1 or 2 weeks

I like Christian's recommendations for MODERATE teaming - stuff like a T giving an inno a T weapon and inno kills other innos/does actual damage to their own team. And even then, only if the victims report as RDM. In that case, this hard-line for teaming should be used. Anything that is harmful and impacts the scoring or enjoyment of a round or gives the players involved an unfair advantage should go under these rules.

For severe teaming, where a player assists the other side intentionally/with malicious intent, I feel that should be treated as ghosting is.

For fun teaming, such as t reviving an inno just to kill the inno again, I'm not convinced that that should be punishable. I feel the situation with Lycan and Crab falls under that, where their schenanigans didn't harm the team given the advantage (Lycan died during his own schenanigans). But again, anything fun that results in another player getting a score boost (such as if the inno kills the T before the T can kill the inno) which could cause that inno to get the map win, should be considered moderate teaming.

Confusing things should also not be punished - things like not killing an obvious traitor - may not be obvious to everyone. I could be messing in my point shop and miss a T knifing someone in front of me. I tend to reserve shooting someone unless I'm sure - the consequences of not doing so involve a slay. I've accidently revived detectives before - usually due to me seeing credits and not checking the role and assuming they are a T buddy. Should I be banned for 2 weeks for not losing time by checking the name against a list of names?

Maybe I'm off the mark, but I think this categorization is reasonable. What is certain is that what we have now is significantly too strict.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks