Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Application for PH Staff
(10-20-2020, 09:28 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 09:27 PM)TekkiNerd Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 09:26 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Alright, I'll let the shitposting slide up to this point because of the misplacement. From here on out it will be taken as a serious thread and any shitposting will be dealt with accordingly.
It was a accident, was confused on where to post.

You're fine man it happens.
Thanks, appreciate it.
Hey Tekki, Thanks for applying.

I want to be the first to say that you don't have a introduction first of all so this is already off to a bad start, go make one.

Seems like you don't seem to be acquainted with the forums so thats another concern for me, familiarize yourself with the forums and gain some more activity on it since you only have 1 post and it's this application.

I want to also voice my concerns over the way you act on server, you're disruptive, you are too quick to jump to conclusions, you aren't appropriate at all with certain players, and you recently kicked a person for ghosting when he was actually hacking. 

From what I'm seeing is not staff material at the moment, you also constantly diss staff for not being on but lack the ability to ping staff to see if anyone is available. We got lives, work, and some have families, yes we could need more active staff, but the way you're currently performing isn't even a D+ grade. 

This Application gets a (-1) from me, you got lots of things to improve on if you want to join us, don't think we hating, we are literally trying to help you understand the way things work here.
In regards to your post, yes im new to forums, but i am a regular and i have a lot of exp. handling stuff in game due to a bunch of staffing/server ownerships i was in regards with. And about the "hacker/ghoster" i had no way of proving he was a hacker, so best bet was to prove he was attempting ghosting based on what other witnesses have suggested or complained due to rumors of him joining with a crew which to be said there was people he joined with and was teaming with.

i would also like to state, in my case. that im applying for PH staff, not discord nor forum duties. and i see how other staff act on the discord, so im not the only one who lashes out.
(10-20-2020, 09:33 PM)TekkiNerd Wrote: In regards to your post, yes im new to forums, but i am a regular and i have a lot of exp. handling stuff in game due to a bunch of staffing/server ownerships i was in regards with. And about the "hacker/ghoster" i had no way of proving he was a hacker, so best bet was to prove he was attempting ghosting based on what other witnesses have suggested or complained due to rumors of him joining with a crew which to be said there was people he joined with and was teaming with.

i would also like to state, in my case. that im applying for PH staff, not discord nor forum duties. and i see how other staff act on the discord, so im not the only one who lashes out.
Since you didn't read my entire post, regardless of what experience you may have, all the trolling and inappropriate behavior on server has lead me to believe that you aren't mature enough for the starter position at this point in time, you haven't proven that you're taking the server seriously. The many times I've been on with you, you constantly avoid getting on when staff is on because you like doing whatever you want on server and we have grilled you many times for plenty of rule breakings.
TekkiNerd,
I do not think you are ready for staff yet.
You seem to have an issue understanding where some of our rules come from and you seem to not be able to follow them or our Donor guidelines.
I have personally warned you so many times on very borderline sexual conversations in voice as well as you have gotten a gag from me as well.
Not to mention that every time you do that there are minors in the server.

Yes the guy was hacking but you called him out for ghosting and kicked him twice while waiting for staff.
You have to give staff time to hop on.
In regards to the ghosting, you had 0 evidence of ghosting. He had no friends on the opposite team plus some other signs that you would be looking for in that case. You sped to a decision which is not what is needed from a staff member. If he was not actually hacking, your situation would have gone much differently. We didn't merely ban him off of one clip. We gathered more evidence. 
This is something that you would have known if you had "experience".

Yes people lash out on others sometimes but when staff asks you not to be in spec, you do not go into spec. There are reasons for our rules.
You know our rules since you are a regular. There is no excuse for that no matter what. You need to make sure learn to follow our rules before you try to enforce them.

-1 from me.

-B0T
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
(10-20-2020, 09:33 PM)TekkiNerd Wrote: In regards to your post, yes im new to forums, but i am a regular and i have a lot of exp. handling stuff in game due to a bunch of staffing/server ownerships i was in regards with. And about the "hacker/ghoster" i had no way of proving he was a hacker, so best bet was to prove he was attempting ghosting based on what other witnesses have suggested or complained due to rumors of him joining with a crew which to be said there was people he joined with and was teaming with.

I don't often comment on the other servers stuff, but i do enjoy getting on Prophunt late at night. I personally don't consider "forum activity" or "Discord Activity" that much when +1ing or -1ing a application because I hope that with becoming staff they will increase their involvement on both their servers side of the forums and discord as well as the wider Dinklebergs community. But your last statement about  applying for PH staff, not discord nor forum duties is pretty arrogant. The forums is where you will make ban requests as a trusted. And Discord is where you discuss staff stuff. Both are essential for doing the trusted "Role". And if you are not willing to have an involvement on either then it seems you are not applying for staff for the right reasons. 

Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
Alright TekkiNerd,

Since I just got back from work and caught up with all the ph chat of what occurred,
The way of handling that from comments above, Not the best way to assume rumors since rumors are not always true. Similar to school gossip, it can be fake just for attention seeking and shaming a rando person who done nothing.

If one person claim a noob player that has no body friends via steam that only got one kill and is called out for ghosting and that the prop itself was found in the worst way of moving in front of the hunter, will you believe the person as the prop calling out ghosting in rage or doubt it?

We do have rules and even staff have procedures that have to be follow cause as staff we represent the server and game mode we play but also show that we ain't the crowd to mess with if you cross us.

Raging over what said in PH about staff not responding fast is not a great way to reflect your character as well as other staff seeing how you play and interact other players.

I do look out for players who are capable to maintain their composure and how they interact with other players including what to do when there are ghosters, sus players who act odd, trolls and at times hackers that are super obvious.

After all of this, the standard requirements as mention above also need to be done first as well as the questions to ask yourself...
  1. Can you handle the server as a staff member by yourself at times it goes bad?
  2. Can you handle the taunts trolls do to demoralize you?
  3. Can you treat this as if you are babysitting a whole class of kids?
  4. Can you handle the light up emotions that were cause by the players in the server and keep a cool head about it?
  5. Do you understand as Staff, it isn't really require for one to be there 24/7 cause you will be burn out faster than marathon race?
  6. To know when its okay to play and when its okay to stop playing?

For now, I have to -1 even though you apologize about your rage

I do not see anything that pops up staff material, only rage and that is not the Jedi way.
[Image: sukuna-evil-laugh.gif]
[Image: YWj4Wn.gif]
Thank you for applying for staff TekkiNerd.
As stated before, I believe you need some more forum time — aka an introduction.
I don't want to repeat everything brought to light before so I'll make this message quick. I don't believe you're ready to be a staff member just yet.
Although, yes, you say you have staff experience before — which is great — you also seem to have an issue with how this community and the staff members staff. I understand you are trying to help and take care of the server/community when no staff members are present. I was like that too, but it also caused some issues along the way which you may be seeing at this moment.
To keep it simple — take a step back for a second. We thank you for donating and caring about the community enough to create an application. However, you need to tend to some other things at the moment. I believe that if you were to collect yourself and show us a different and mature side of yourself, proving that you are indeed capable, we will reconsider your later application.

-1 from me.

Please don't get discouraged about playing on the server or talking within the community. These replies are not to belittle you but to see you grow.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aefbf09e110e07fa9d...y.gif&ct=g]

I think you need to work on your attitude and the way you treat and speak to other people before being considered an appropriate candidate for a staff member. 

Hiya Tekki! So, pretty much everyone has said what I was going to, but there is one thing in particular I want to point out. When you were complaining about the rule of "spectator being only for staff," you said how the system was flawed in your eyes. I told you that, even if you do not agree with them, they are the rules, and as a donor who has the ability to use specific staff powers, you're agreeing to follow those exact rules. When I said this, you responded "well, I'm not a kiss ass." This is my problem. The attitude that you had over people simply telling you to follow the rules is astounding. Saying that following the rules and following what staff tells you to do is being "kiss assing" shows how much respect you honestly give the staff members.

Staff are human beings. They volunteer to help out the server because they want to, not because they have to. So many staff members leave the community because they get burnt out or the stress becomes too much for them. We need to respect them as people who are only trying to help.

Another quick note: donating does not automatically give you special permissions to do whatever you want. You are still a player who must follow the rules the same as everyone else and even as staff have to do.

This is a -1 from me. Please, take a step back.
[Image: image0_2.jpg]