Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something I feel I should get off my chest
Hopefully I don’t offend anyone with this, but why is it that every time something is brought up, there always seems to certain people who throw hostile shade at others just for disagreeing. I am not going to name any names since I really don’t want to make anyone mad at me, but I been noticing this happening for a while and it’s been making me depressed a lot.  If anyone wants to talk to me about this in dms though I’ll might be fine with it and hopefully I’ll explain it ok since I’m not feeling good right now.
I've been here before; I retired off gmod because of the dumb drama/shade. the game isn't really the best safe place at times; I'd suggest you often take breaks from the community and overall prioritize yourself.

sorry to hear this Jesse.
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
(10-25-2020, 03:05 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Hopefully I don’t offend anyone with this, but why is it that every time something is brought up, there always seems to certain people who throw hostile shade at others just for disagreeing. I am not going to name any names since I really don’t want to make anyone mad at me, but I been noticing this happening for a while and it’s been making me depressed a lot.  If anyone wants to talk to me about this in dms though I’ll might be fine with it and hopefully I’ll explain it ok since I’m not feeling good right now.

The main issue is we are human, and get into a mindset and settle there. We build up our own logical ideals so strongly sometimes that it gets to the point where if we hear something that goes against what our main core of thinking is, the impulse is to get irritated and immediately proceed to criticize, rather than taking a step back and try and understand the whole picture sometimes. I am extremely guilty of this myself.
There just seems to be this.. continual frustration that a lot of people have with this server or each other. Something about this place just breeds conflict over the stupidest reasons. It makes me really sad, because this community has so many awesome people, but I can't really get back into it unless I want to wade upstream through a bunch of useless conflict. It really eats through a ton of my mental energy I could be spending on something more.. relaxing.

It certainly wasn't as bad as it was a few months ago.. but still not great. I hope you feel better, and I hope things can be better here for you.
Why do politicians argue?
The hostility some people put out isn't needed in any scenario. Only thing I can really say about that is the classic, "this is the internet and there are a lot of asshats out there." As for your mental state, I would definitely take a real break from here. I've stressed that to you many times. You care a lot which is good, but I can tell that it is eating you alive. You put out this effort to make this place better and in return people attack you in-game or whatever. That's so draining.

So let me ask you this question. It will have parallels, but this is a completely different scenario.

Let's say you're in a relationship where you're giving someone your all and they aren't reciprocating you or are being a total ass the entire time. What would you do? Probably about a 50-50 response here, but half would take a break from said individual due to them being absolutely drained and getting nothing back and come back later, or they would stick it and fight. Whether or not that last one is worth it will be based on the other side, not YOU.

I talk to you on almost a daily basis and I can tell that while you have fun playing here it still seems like most of the time you are drained and sad. Take a REAL break from here Jesse. Don't play for however long you need. The server will be fine I can promise you that. Download some free games on Steam or pick up a game like League, very time consuming and can be fun with certain people.
(10-26-2020, 10:58 AM)dong Wrote: or pick up a game like League, very time consuming and can be fun with certain people.

Don't do this.
I just like playing TTT wit ma friends.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(10-26-2020, 03:02 PM)Jordanian Sniper Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 10:58 AM)dong Wrote: or pick up a game like League, very time consuming and can be fun with certain people.

Don't do this.
Seconded, league is not the way to go if you are stressed or depressed
-a stressed and depressed person
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(10-26-2020, 04:43 PM)Paimon Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 03:02 PM)Jordanian Sniper Wrote:

Don't do this.
Seconded, league is not the way to go if you are stressed or depressed
-a stressed and depressed person
I agree aswell, league is a horrible alternative. You can throw your money at it and you'll still end up unhappy
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020