Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is something I just need to talk about
I am sorry to say you are dead wrong in this argument.

Donors are NOT staff. They do not have the authority to tell you what you can do that is against rules already set in place. While Alora does have donor status on PH, she is resigned staff on the server for PH and is still active staff on another server for Dinks. She is well aware of rules and how to approach the situation. Iamjorge is a donor, who should know the rules of the server and the donor guidelines, if he does not, that is a separate issue.

Alora giving to the initial gag while contacting staff to come and handle the situation and telling you to take it to the forums was 100% correct and she did nothing wrong.

Lt. Star and Kiwi are both STAFF. TRUSTED and MODERATOR. They have the final say over anyone else playing on the server who is donor or regular players. YOU DO NOT ARGUE WITH STAFF. This gets you nowhere. at all.

So since this seems hard for yo to understand allow me to break this down a little further
Donor = NOT STAFF. They have DONOR guidelines they follow which includes GAG to help mediate the server while awaiting further instruction from staff or staff intervention.

Trusted = STAFF. Do not argue with them. Simple. We have guidelines we follow as staff members. Kiwi did nothing wrong and her approach was warranted.

Moderator = STAFF. Do not argue with them. Again, simple. Moderator has come on to issue further punishment because you cannot fathom that you are not allowed to mic spam.

I honestly do not know what you're trying to achieve with this, but you are incredibly wrong on so many levels here.
Go away
(11-15-2020, 07:09 PM)MissPauling Wrote: I am sorry to say you are dead wrong in this argument.

Donors are NOT staff. They do not have the authority to tell you what you can do that is against rules already set in place. While Alora does have donor status on PH, she is resigned staff on the server for PH and is still active staff on another server for Dinks. She is well aware of rules and how to approach the situation. Iamjorge is a donor, who should know the rules of the server and the donor guidelines, if he does not, that is a separate issue.

Alora giving to the initial gag while contacting staff to come and handle the situation and telling you to take it to the forums was 100% correct and she did nothing wrong.

Lt. Star and Kiwi are both STAFF. TRUSTED and MODERATOR. They have the final say over anyone else playing on the server who is donor or regular players. YOU DO NOT ARGUE WITH STAFF. This gets to know where at all.

So since this seems hard for yo to understand allow me to break this down a little further
Donor = NOT STAFF. They have DONOR guidelines they follow which includes GAG to help mediate the server while awaiting further instruction from staff or staff intervention.

Trusted = STAFF. Do not argue with them. Simple. We have guidelines we follow as staff members. Kiwi did nothing wrong and her approach was warranted.

Moderator = STAFF. Do not argue with them. Again, simple. Moderator has come on to issue further punishment because you cannot fathom that you are not allowed to mic spam.

I honestly do not know what you're trying to achieve with this, but you are incredibly wrong on so many levels here.
I know donors are not staff you are getting off topic to what I've said before, this doesn't prove anything.
I will not allow this thread to become a once versus all scenario. This appears to be a donor vs donor issue that had Theodore caught in the middle. This then escalated into a heated discussion between Theodore and two staff members. Harrassment is a stretch in this case and will be disregarded. The argument should not have taken place like it did in my opinion but should have remained calm. Arguing with staff is a rule because most people who argue are blatantly cheating or are trolls trying to beat around the rules not for people trying to gain understanding and explanations. I do understand why Theodore was gagged after continuing the argument but it should have continued in the chat. Theodore, no one is above the rules not even an admin. If she is in the wrong, she will be corrected.

Thank you for the screens and the video Kiwi. They do provide understanding from the outside in. I am more interested in the video that was taken before this when the gag happened as well as the story from iamjorge. If what Theodore is saying is true that iamjorge gave him permission to sing, then punishing Theodore is questionable. I do see plenty of mic spamming warnings in the relay but if we have donors saying different things then this will become a much more common issue. I will wait for either the story from iamjorge or the video that recorded this whole incident if not both (preferably both).
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(11-15-2020, 07:14 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: I will not allow this thread to become a once versus all scenario. This appears to be a donor vs donor issue that had Theodore caught in the middle. This then escalated into a heated discussion between Theodore and two staff members. Harrassment is a stretch in this case and will be disregarded. The argument should not have taken place like it did in my opinion but should have remained calm. Arguing with staff is a rule because most people who argue are blatantly cheating or are trolls trying to beat around the rules not for people trying to gain understanding and explanations. I do understand why Theodore was gagged after continuing the argument but it should have continued in the chat. Theodore, no one is above the rules not even an admin. If she is in the wrong, she will be corrected.

Thank you for the screens and the video Kiwi. They do provide understanding from the outside in. I am more interested in the video that was taken before this when the gag happened as well as the story from iamjorge. If what Theodore is saying is true that iamjorge gave him permission to sing, then punishing Theodore is questionable. I do see plenty of mic spamming warnings in the relay but if we have donors saying different things then this will become a much more common issue. I will wait for either the story from iamjorge or the video that recorded this whole incident if not both (preferably both).
I understand, Thank you for something of and argument that is on none of the sides, you're conclusion helps a lot.
This sounds more like "wah wah wah, I got punished so I'm going to bitch on the forums rather than accept that I did something wrong!!!" 

Did you really think you were going to convince people of abuse with just a lone screenshot that is just the chat?? 

Something to note here; if you want to catch actual abuse, you probably should resort to video evidence, as that is a lot harder to disprove rather than some lousily put together screenshots; yes you can edit videos, but I'd assume that most people who play gmod aren't professional video editors.

You know why most people told you not to argue? Because you sounded like an idiot, just like you do on this thread. 

Still waiting for the day we actually get an actual abuse thread on a staff member instead of people just bitching about them doing their job
(11-15-2020, 06:40 PM)Theodor Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 06:39 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: Who gave you this "permission" you speak of?
Check relay of youtube map youdurd or something iamjorge gave me permission.

(11-15-2020, 06:40 PM)Lt. Star Wrote: As I tried to explain to you we have a rule which says no arguing with staff, take it to the forums. So to say you're allowed to argue your problem repeatedly is incorrect. Also singing is not allowed on our server so the original gag is also justified. Alora followed the rules any staff member would had they been on. No abuse here in my opinion.
No arguing with the staff? That's a bit overpowered, I thought you said they we're donors? Now you say they are staff?
One person gave you permission? That isn't permission
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(11-15-2020, 08:59 PM)Salty Wrote: This sounds more like "wah wah wah, I got punished so I'm going to bitch on the forums rather than accept that I did something wrong!!!" 

Did you really think you were going to convince people of abuse with just a lone screenshot that is just the chat?? 

Something to note here; if you want to catch actual abuse, you probably should resort to video evidence, as that is a lot harder to disprove rather than some lousily put together screenshots; yes you can edit videos, but I'd assume that most people who play gmod aren't professional video editors.

You know why most people told you not to argue? Because you sounded like an idiot, just like you do on this thread. 

Still waiting for the day we actually get an actual abuse thread on a staff member instead of people just bitching about them doing their job
This is very insulting, please don't make a reply like this again. You first of all haven't been looking around in this forum and you've been insulting me with bitch every few words. This has to be the most annoying reply I've ever gotten from someone who doesn't listen to both sides.

(11-15-2020, 10:59 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 06:40 PM)Theodor Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 06:39 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: Who gave you this "permission" you speak of?
Check relay of youtube map youdurd or something iamjorge gave me permission.

(11-15-2020, 06:40 PM)Lt. Star Wrote: As I tried to explain to you we have a rule which says no arguing with staff, take it to the forums. So to say you're allowed to argue your problem repeatedly is incorrect. Also singing is not allowed on our server so the original gag is also justified. Alora followed the rules any staff member would had they been on. No abuse here in my opinion.
No arguing with the staff? That's a bit overpowered, I thought you said they we're donors? Now you say they are staff?
One person gave you permission? That isn't permission
Yes it was, you can't define that wasn't permission almost the whole lobby except the minorities that didn't say they disagree like the Alora.
If i may take a line from Cool Hand Luke, "What we got here is a failure to communicate". While it is ok to sing a line or two from a song, and while you may have had permission to from a donor or someone else, they neglected to inform you that any more then that is considered mic spam. However, arguing with a staff member is more serious and the gag/mute for that is justified. This seems very cut and dry. But, like others have said, without video proof of wrongdoing, no action can be taken.
LET ME IN.
[Image: The_Fiend_2.jpg]
I was on at the time all this was happening as well. For the record, I don't remember iamjorge giving any persmission to sing. From what I remember, it was only one other guy who was talking that said yes, but they weren't a donor or staff or anything like that.

I left shortly before the map change from youturd so I wasn't there for the second part.
(11-17-2020, 05:28 PM)mcpat_rick Wrote: I was on at the time all this was happening as well. For the record, I don't remember iamjorge giving any persmission to sing. From what I remember, it was only one other guy who was talking that said yes, but they weren't a donor or staff or anything like that.

I left shortly before the map change from youturd so I wasn't there for the second part.

He could have said it in team chat (which is probably why I couldn't find it in relay), I was on the opposite team so I didn't see anything. I also don't remember which team his friend was on, I'm pretty sure it was my team as well, so I doubt this was the case, plus jorge was talking in the global text so it wouldn't make sense for him too.
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]