Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Map Rotation Change Megathread
Still looking for more responses on my survey! Go ahead and fill it out real quick if you have not yet done so. 

Will also be looking into changing the mapvote system. The most requested feature by far is a cooldown system. Our previous mapvote had one, but it was quite hit or miss. Will be looking into this mapvote add-on as a potential replacement due to it's functional cooldown. The server has used this mapvote in the past, but it was removed when troubleshooting potential server crashes. Since it was never confirmed to be causing the issue when it was removed some time ago, I will be looking into testing it further on the test server.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(11-25-2020, 01:54 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...t=Apehouse
I edited this post now so it shows a link to a different map. I played the other version of apehouse I listed before and find it was small too however this version seems to be big enough. I played it and it seems to be a decent sized map. Only two buildings you can go into though but it still is a decent size I believe. If this map does get added the player spawns and weapons/spawn probably need to be added and edited. Tbh I also don’t know why the file size for this map is big, it’s like around 44 megabytes but if it’s a problem then I understand.

Unfortunately there are several issues with this map.
  1. It is a gm_ map rather than a ttt_ map.
  2. Requires HL2 & it's episodes. Dink is highly against dependencies unless they are CS:S
  3. It is 44Mbs, which is quite large for a map.  
(11-25-2020, 01:23 PM)Nicol Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 09:22 AM)Uriel\is Wrote: ADD pls:

1) TTT_Apehouse

Unfortunately this map is a tad too small for a server that can peak 32 players quite consistently
Is there some kind of addon we could add that can remove this map from suggestions when server has at least 20 players on? I feel it could be a fun map for the off hours.
Although its not unheard of to have 10 players join within 1 round so not sure how much good that would do
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Remove all the maps that have garbage optimization.

And if you remove Chaser & Lost Temple, I'm bout to beat some ass.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Add:
-ttt_windmill_sky
-ttt_basalt
-ttt_cipher
-ttt_islandstreets
-ttt_tokyodistrict
Remove:
-ttt_avalanched
-ttt_crummy_craddle_a4
-ttt_datmap
-ttt_hotline_miami
-ttt_metropolis_v2a
Replace:
-ttt_eclipse_v3 with ttt_eclipse_v4.
-ttt_starwars_final with ttt_sandcrawler, ttt_ns_streets, and/or ttt_stardestroyer.
(11-29-2020, 12:13 AM)Vent Xekart Wrote: Add:
-ttt_windmill_sky
-ttt_basalt
-ttt_cipher
-ttt_islandstreets
-ttt_tokyodistrict
Remove:
-ttt_avalanched
-ttt_crummy_craddle_a4
-ttt_datmap
-ttt_hotline_miami
-ttt_metropolis_v2a
Replace:
-ttt_starwars_final with ttt_sandcrawler, ttt_ns_streets, and/or ttt_stardestroyer.
Yeah definitly Update Eclipse
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
(11-29-2020, 12:13 AM)Vent Xekart Wrote: Add:
-ttt_windmill_sky
-ttt_basalt
-ttt_cipher
-ttt_islandstreets
-ttt_tokyodistrict
Remove:
-ttt_avalanched
-ttt_crummy_craddle_a4
-ttt_datmap
-ttt_hotline_miami
-ttt_metropolis_v2a
Replace:
Windmill deserves a shot
Basalt and Cipher are made by the same dude who made Chaser and he has a very distinctly bland style, they'd blend in way to much with chaser (which isnt even good in the first place)
Islandstreets and Tokyo are both fine.
These removal requests are hot trash, avalanched is a mediocre map that I have really good memories with so I'll let it be taken but Crummy and Datmap are necessary maps for any self respecting ttt server. Hotline can be kinda annoying with the doors but I think it doesn't deserve to be removed.
I love eclipse but if this one is better than sure.
Starwars is a pretty shit map but there should be a Starwars map somewhere and those are better.
The server currently already uses eclipse_v4
Remove terrortrain
(11-29-2020, 03:50 PM)Inkse Wrote: Remove terrortrain
Yeah, that map has bad rag doll physics at times. Also health station can literally be destroyed by just being placed on that map sometimes.