Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(s)oup and Rylo Ken
(12-01-2020, 04:03 PM)CrAcKbOnE #ThankYouBryan Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 03:14 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: Rylo has been mic spamming since I was a ttt mod, he should know the rules by now. I dont think I know soup outside of the times Ive seen them in discord so idk how well they should know the rules. But Rylo definitely should.

I know you're bad at your job n stuff and have no idea how a ban request works so let me clarify.
No need to be like that about it. I would like for this to be civil without any major drama.
I would like to point out that nowhere in the rules is there anything about soundboard clips being used in voice chat.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(12-01-2020, 04:08 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 04:03 PM)CrAcKbOnE #ThankYouBryan Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 03:14 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: Rylo has been mic spamming since I was a ttt mod, he should know the rules by now. I dont think I know soup outside of the times Ive seen them in discord so idk how well they should know the rules. But Rylo definitely should.

I know you're bad at your job n stuff and have no idea how a ban request works so let me clarify.
No need to be like that about it. I would like for this to be civil without any major drama.

I'm just trying to avoid another slaps situation fam
(12-01-2020, 01:10 PM)Jammin Wrote: All of that in mind, I still think the ultimate solution is just a map gag for each subsequent offense after a staff verbal warning. If it really gets bad on a busy server, a day ban tops.

Honestly, I agree with what Jammin says here. -1 ban

I'm not TTT staff, but I'm curious whether staff consider constant micspam to fall under trolling. 
As per staff guidelines:

Spamming/Mic Spam (pg. 9) 
"Ban for one day after user exceeds all these warnings, if player has violated other rules you may use your discretion to issue a longer ban that should be no more than a week depending on the severity. If you cannot determine a discretion, please place a one day ban and contact the Admins to determine an appropriate ban length."

Trolling/Flaming/Harassment (pg. 12)
After 4 offenses of trolling the punishment is a 1 week ban. Additionally, "use staff discretion when dealing with different levels of trolling, flaming, and harassment, this is just a general guideline. Please ban fairly and appropriately based on severity. As always, if you need help, contact an Admin."

(12-01-2020, 04:10 PM)derp Wrote: I would like to point out that nowhere in the rules is there anything about soundboard clips being used in voice chat.

derp also has a point about the rules (4. Do Not Spam) and staff guidelines not outlining the use of soundboard clips being used in voice chat, but if voice changers/playing music into the mic/singing isn't allowed then I would assume soundboard clips aren't allowed either. Again I personally do not mind soundboard clips if they are short and not insanely loud.

Again, -1 ban on both. This is just my 2 cents as a TTT player.
This isn't a first offense from either soup has a day ban on record
 rylo has served two bans prior a day(micspam) and a 3 week ban for micspam/trolling since he wanted supporter so bad
"When or if i get this ban removed, expired, or reduced, I can guarantee Dinklebergs staff that I will keep the soundboard micspam to a minimum."-Rylo
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(12-01-2020, 04:22 PM)Burb Wrote: Again I personally do not mind soundboard clips if they are short and not insanely loud.

Indeed playing clips can be enjoyable as long as they're somewhat spontaneous. The thing is that repetition kills the authenticity and starts becoming a nuisance.

I consider that the problem is that they both received their punishment, probably made their promises in the ban appeal form and still can't follow them. The main difference should be made by how self-conscious they prove to be: Farley stopped after some complaints [remember the Discord calls?].
I strictly remember rylo promising not to use a soundboard ever again last time he got a severe ban. How many times are you idiots going to just ask for a warning when the man had, what, 20 warnings or something crazy like that. Nah man, I like rylo but enough is enough. And enough was a long time ago. +1 for ban unless we implement a permanent gag command

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(12-01-2020, 06:25 PM)Paimon Wrote: +1 for ban unless we implement a permanent gag command
Already a thing. Dink just needs to change the permissions so Admins can use it.
(12-01-2020, 06:25 PM)Paimon Wrote: I strictly remember rylo promising not to use a soundboard ever again last time he got a severe ban. How many times are you idiots going to just ask for a warning when the man had, what, 20 warnings or something crazy like that. Nah man, I like rylo but enough is enough. And enough was a long time ago. +1 for ban unless we implement a permanent gag command

Permanent gags are so lame, especially when it's a soundboard that most people think is hilarious. There's not any reason to permanently gag someone save for some extreme circumstances. The majority of the server enjoy spending time with (s)oup and Rylo, and it would be a shame to have these people permanently gagged over some soundboard BS, which by the way, isn't even outlined in the rules. Just map gag him and move on, it takes 2 seconds by a mod to do so. Not to mention I have never been on when there wasn't at least a donor on, who if the sound boards were that bad, could use their powers to gag them.

"but enough is enough. And enough was a long time ago." Poetic.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(12-01-2020, 04:47 PM)Happy Wrote: This isn't a first offense from either soup has a day ban on record
 rylo has served two bans prior a day(micspam) and a 3 week ban for micspam/trolling since he wanted supporter so bad
"When or if i get this ban removed, expired, or reduced, I can guarantee Dinklebergs staff that I will keep the soundboard micspam to a minimum."-Rylo
what is the point of this post? yeah, ive been banned in the past for extensive mic spam and 'trolling'. if you have actually played more than one map with me in the past year you would realize that i have drastically reduced use of the soundboard. i used to play entire songs just to get a warn from staff ( which i have not recieved in a while for mic spam ).

also unban requests are just cock sucking for the staff

(12-01-2020, 06:40 PM)Jax Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 06:25 PM)Paimon Wrote: I strictly remember rylo promising not to use a soundboard ever again last time he got a severe ban. How many times are you idiots going to just ask for a warning when the man had, what, 20 warnings or something crazy like that. Nah man, I like rylo but enough is enough. And enough was a long time ago. +1 for ban unless we implement a permanent gag command

Permanent gags are so lame, especially when it's a soundboard that most people think is hilarious. There's not any reason to permanently gag someone save for some extreme circumstances. The majority of the server enjoy spending time with (s)oup and Rylo, and it would be a shame to have these people permanently gagged over some soundboard BS, which by the way, isn't even outlined in the rules. Just map gag him and move on, it takes 2 seconds by a mod to do so. Not to mention I have never been on when there wasn't at least a donor on, who if the sound boards were that bad, could use their powers to gag them.

"but enough is enough. And enough was a long time ago." Poetic.
LMAO

i disagree with some of this but that last line is great

also, please do not go after chris with the footage he provided, he stopped as he said before. I would hate to see another noire/jack situation ;)