Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTT Weapon Change Discussion
I'm going to start picking up adjustments in the next couple days here. Anything that has been brought up in here has been noted, and will be looked into fixing up. If there are any other issues, or if you have suggestions in regards to balancing underperforming and or overpowered weapons / equipment, now would be the time to do so.

Also a reminder to vote on the M24 Rework Strawpoll if you haven't done so already. Only a few people have voted, so I'd like some opinions before I move forward reworking it.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Speaking of guns, regarding what I've mentioned before and haven't mentioned:

Pulse rifle: too strong rn, high pick rate for most players

Mp5: close 2nd to pulse rifle, can absolutely shred 
mid-close distance

M16: far as I know, it's a perfectly balanced gun, it's a curb stomper in far-mid but you can get fucked in a close encounter.

Sg552: last time you tried to buff it, it was a dangerous motherfucker, but with the massive inaccuracy nerf, it's not viable so not much players use it anymore.

Shotguns: seem to be fine to me.

Mp7: could use a minor accuracy buff, you wont see someone dedicated to it.

Vector also seems to be fucked to shit so no one actually uses it anymore, (I cant think of any potential buffs since I dont touch it anymore).

Other than that, I have no other input of the other guns as I have no experience using or dealing with.

Sorry if I repeated anything, just giving my input as of now.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
yeah please adjust pr cone. On 67th way i got instantly double headshoted (while spraying). I was by door to basement, person spraying was by gun store door.

https://youtu.be/ZWvRJkIgAGw

Heres this in case anybody is curious as to what it looks like, skip to like 20 unless u wanna see me type in chat

also, ss cant headshot through bold booze. idk if this was intentional. it did 123 dmg i can try and find the log if needed
nerf the winchester, pulse rifle, mp5SD, and the mp7

buff the pump shotgun a tad, and the scout a tad.

Also look into maybe adding the g36c because its my favorite gun <3
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Regarding the XM shotgun it doesnt one shot a person when you are right up on them and to me that doesnt seem right because if you shoot someone they are able to 180 and hs you if they have a deagle because it takes to long to get the 2nd shot off in time and idk it feels like a shotgun should one shot someone if you are practically touching them just something I wanted to say if no one else had. Two solutions i had in mind maybe was either increase the firing rate a bit or allow it to one shot close range
[Image: 46713d688f8087b1f2d3b92a79d7afea.png]

Future owner  :D
I will say shotguns have always been in a bad place, either being too good or too bad. It's a very fine line and nobody will ever be satisfied with them.

Other than that thank you Christian! Your work is appreciated.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(02-25-2020, 11:29 AM)Foxka Wrote: nerf the winchester, pulse rifle, mp5SD, and the mp7

What exactly do you think needs to be nerfed? Damage, Accuracy, RPM?

Shotguns will be looked into, as new weapons will also be as well.

Edit: Going to try and get Dink to push the Pulse Rifle file I sent him. As this weapons accuracy was never intended to be buffed, only the HS Mult was supposed to be adjusted. This unfortunately happened as I was managing a bunch of files and locations when modifying the SWEPS. So hopefully he'll be able to push this while I work on future changes.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
(02-25-2020, 12:08 PM)Christian Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 11:29 AM)Foxka Wrote: nerf the winchester, pulse rifle, mp5SD, and the mp7

What exactly do you think needs to be nerfed? Damage, Accuracy, RPM?

Shotguns will be looked into, as new weapons will also be as well.

pulse rifle should be very innacurate, starting with a higher spread than it currently is
the winchester just does too much damage
the mp5SD and mp7 do too much dps too and should have lowered accuracy as well.

basically, sub machine guns should not be able to cross map people as they do now.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(02-25-2020, 10:49 AM)nevo Wrote: also, ss cant headshot through bold booze. idk if this was intentional. it did 123 dmg i can try and find the log if needed

I was unaware of this, and I will make a note to make a small adjustment to it's HS Mult.

(02-25-2020, 12:14 PM)Foxka Wrote: pulse rifle should be very innacurate, starting with a higher spread than it currently is
the winchester just does too much damage
the mp5SD and mp7 do too much dps too and should have lowered accuracy as well.

basically, sub machine guns should not be able to cross map people as they do now.

Pulse Rifle has been addressed. And hearing back from Dink, it's seems he'll push the updated file while I work on the rest.

The Winchester, MP5SD, and HK-MP7 will be looked into.
(02-04-2020, 08:30 PM)Christian Wrote: Sorry kinda been dead as of late. I've composed some suggestion to make for the next update (whenever) on a Spreadsheet. So I'll have that information moving forward.

I wanted to talk about a potential M24 rework in progress. Our legendary gamer @Rhienor has helped me make a Variable Zoom for the weapon. And I'm curious if those who enjoy using the weapon, would like to see it come during the next wave of changes (again, whenever.) I've created a Strawpoll below, that you can use to vote for feedback.

I should note that if we go down this path, the M24 is going to have it's variables tweaked to try and not make it a total laser. So keep that in mind if this is something you want to see in the near future. I appreciate your feedback as always. So if there's something you'd like to see changed, please feel free to let me know. I am not afraid to listen to community feedback in the slightest.

Thank you as always.

https://www.strawpoll.me/19348093

Sorry if I am a bit late, but either do this or tighten its hipfire and slightly decrease its normal zoom so it can be used on maps that aren't Dolls, rooftops, or crummy cradle. Maybe tone down the volume a bit as well, as it alerts the whole map the moment you fire it.

Either way it needs to be changed because only a handful of maps allow its use, ESPECIALLY with how bad the secondaries are.
Also, could I suggest adding some more secondaries to flesh out the choices, like a shotgun and a pocket-rifle type thing.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]