Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
creepin
Hopped on for a few games tonight and the only admin/ mod/ etc was creepin (donator?)
I've played with my buddy doowy almost the entire time i have played this server (matt, izzy, eluviate, and even sometimes abdel ;) )  - with no issues. we don't ghost, talk, or have the same team just for the sport of it. 

Had a player walk into my room - kill me without searching - and then walk into another "random" room without searching and kill that player too.

mentioned ghosting in chat and next thing i know creepin starts talking about how im ghosting because i'm friends with someone in the lobby. doesnt care about what just happened, just talked about how i should switch teams due to me playing with doowy. I get the accusations or whatever but really? is it just okay for me to buy my way into mod status and handle it however i feel? cuz i'll pay the $15 to run your server if that's the case.

logged off right after so if chat logs are needed i'm sure you've got them.
please follow the format 

Offender's Name: 

Offender's SteamID: 

Offender's Rank: 

What They Did: 

When They Did It: 

Potential Witnesses: 

Proof: 

Other:
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
You need to have proof and this really is not abuse, more of a misunderstanding.

I really do not think this required a thread as you could have easily talked with Creepin to solve the issue
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
(02-19-2020, 01:19 AM)¹ Wrote: Hopped on for a few games tonight and the only admin/ mod/ etc was creepin (donator?)
I've played with my buddy doowy almost the entire time i have played this server (matt, izzy, eluviate, and even sometimes abdel ;) )  - with no issues. we don't ghost, talk, or have the same team just for the sport of it. 

Had a player walk into my room - kill me without searching - and then walk into another "random" room without searching and kill that player too.

mentioned ghosting in chat and next thing i know creepin starts talking about how im ghosting because i'm friends with someone in the lobby. doesnt care about what just happened, just talked about how i should switch teams due to me playing with doowy. I get the accusations or whatever but really? is it just okay for me to buy my way into mod status and handle it however i feel? cuz i'll pay the $15 to run your server if that's the case.

logged off right after so if chat logs are needed i'm sure you've got them.

No. I asked you to join your friend. Never once accused you of ghosting. I asked for you to simply join your friend that was all .. I Was already aware of The other situation and trying to tend to record it and try gather proof  before you asked about it. I have several screenshots from both players in both situations. I just simply was told by a trusted if a player has friend on another team to ask them to switch with their friend to avoid the conflict. that was it never once Did i mention you was ghosting.
(02-19-2020, 01:19 AM)¹ Wrote: Hopped on for a few games tonight and the only admin/ mod/ etc was creepin (donator?) I'll clear this up real easily. Donator is not a staff role. They are members of the community who decided to support the community, some decide to help on the server while staff are not present. Some later become staff due to an increasing desire to help keep order in the community. 

I've played with my buddy doowy almost the entire time i have played this server (matt, izzy, eluviate, and even sometimes abdel ;) )  - with no issues. we don't ghost, talk, or have the same team just for the sport of it. In an effort to avoid conflicts/possible violators, when friends play on opposite teams they may get asked to join their friend to avoid the suspicion of Ghosting. I'll touch on this again further down. 

Had a player walk into my room - kill me without searching - and then walk into another "random" room without searching and kill that player too. Instead of creating an abuse of power thread you could have easily made a Ban Request, though from the looks of this request that probably wouldn't have been any help since you didn't gather any evidence here nor did you follow the format. Take this more as a future note than. 

mentioned ghosting in chat and next thing i know creepin starts talking about how im ghosting because i'm friends with someone in the lobby. doesnt care about what just happened, just talked about how i should switch teams due to me playing with doowy. I can comfortably say you haven't been a part of this community long, therefore you don't know how things are handled around here. Just because you don't see something being "handled" doesn't mean that nothing is being done.  In order to file any sort of Ban request, or even a sufficient abuse of power thread there must be evidence collected (which once again you did not even provide). 

I get the accusations or whatever but really? is it just okay for me to buy my way into mod status and handle it however i feel? cuz i'll pay the $15 to run your server if that's the case. Once again I will mention that Donor is not a staff/moderator position. If you or anyone buys donor and abuses their powers (for now specifically we will talk about you), you will find yourself right back here and I can say that whoever files that Donor abuse thread will probably read the big letter section that says: FORMAT FOR POST (READ BEFORE POSTING) and they will more than likely use said format AND provide evidence

logged off right after so if chat logs are needed i'm sure you've got them. Oh don't you worry, I got them. 
Welcome to Forums, First off I would like to state that your Abuse of power/Donor abuse thread is null and void due to two very important things:

- You did not follow the correct Format <- Found here
- You have presented no evidence to support your claim (which is mentioned in the Format)

Alright now to some more fun stuff.
Here's the information gathered from the logs:
[Image: doowy.png]
Now what this information tells me is that you and Doowy were suspicious of Ghosting. 
How might I come to this conclusion? oh that's the easy part. 
People do not get investigated into while playing unless their movements/actions are suspicious. 
Meaning that Creeper noticed yours and Doowy's behavior then decided to check your friends, and noticed that you two were not only friends but that you're also on opposite teams. 

Here's the kicker. 
Instead of just joining your friends team and continuing to play the game like civilized people, you caused a scene. This can all be seen in the logs posted above, but it didn't stop there. 
You then created an Abuse of Power/Donor Abuse thread with absolutely no evidence AND make a sub par threat of sorts to purchase donor and (wait for it) abuse your powers. 

My goodness.
This is some next level petty stuff mate. 

So let's recap because I know that having a long attention span may be difficult.

- In the future use the correct format for posting threads (which includes providing evidence)
- When asked to join your friend to remove suspicion of violating rules, just do it and keep playing
- Don't threaten to break rules on a abuse of power type thread (That's just hypocritical)

I hope you learned something today. 

Have a fantastic day. 
(02-19-2020, 01:19 AM)¹ Wrote: is it just okay for me to buy my way into mod status and handle it however i feel? cuz i'll pay the $15 to run your server if that's the case.

While you didn't follow the format and have no evidence of what you're actually talking about, I can share your frustration in this area. Having non-staff ranks like donators fill staff roles on a server should never be done in my opinion.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Okay, so looking at this post is quite the mess I see with nearly everyone involved and I will unpack and explain EVERYTHING.

I will start with the creator of the thread ¹, first of all thank you for being willing to turn in a donor abuse report. Make sure that going into the future, you have followed the proper format to make everyone's life easier as well as having evidence to back up what you are saying. There is nothing wrong with a donor or any person asking you to join your friend, that is not abuse of any sort. Also, there is no buying of any staff ranks. People who donate have a few different donation packages that they can choose from, one of them being a donor rank. Donors are NOT staff and are under no obligation to help with issues, problems or troublemakers on the server unlike staff (Trusted, Test Mod, Mod, etc.). If they do decide to help, it is completely voluntary from their end.

Now getting to the joining your friend issue. @"CREEPIN", I do not know which staff told you that friends have to join the same team, and this is not your fault whatsoever if you were told to this. If people that join the server are friends, they are under NO obligation to join the same team. It does not matter who is asking them to, you can not force friends to play on the same team if they are doing nothing wrong (doing so in every situation is just asking for shit to get kicked up). If they are ghosting, you gather evidence and if you a donor or other individual that does not have the forceswap command, then you can ask them to join their friend's team. If staff members gather proof of a group ghosting, they do not need to ask them to join their friend's team, they can forceswap them. Trying to convince of force friends to join the same team that have done nothing wrong but could do something wrong needs to stop.

@"Mr Voss" I am confused by part of your statement. The person who turned in this abuse report said they were not ghosting, CREEPIN said that they were not suspicious of either of them ghosting, there is no evidence of them ghosting, yet you come in and accuse them of ghosting and/or acting suspicious. Yes, their reaction to being asked to join the same team with causing a scene was unnecessary but throwing around accusations is not going to help things either (hence, this report exists). Yes, you can ask friends to join the same team, however if they choose not to, that is also fine, especially if they are not doing anything wrong.

Alright, now that we have that all out of the way. This appears to be more of a miscommunication than anything else. CREEPIN did not abuse any of his donor privileges in asking just a simple question. This matter is now closed. Please try to discuss things in the future to avoid drama like this and have a great day.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army