Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add map vote cooldown to PH
Add map vote cooldown to PH. Playing the same map over and over is boring.
(03-10-2020, 07:29 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: Add map vote cooldown to PH. Playing the same map over and over is boring.

this could go for ttt too. playing crumpy or dolls 50 times is annoying.
there were issues getting map vote cool down to function last time on ttt side even tho it was set dink said so idk if it’s been fixed then or if ph uses the same map vote
Ph uses a different map vote. The cool down issue is being looked into and is mentioned in the suggested thread for PH. From my understand it seems to favor the maps played a lot for some reason. What’s nice about ph is it keeps track of how many times the map has been played. My suggestion would be to look at those numbers and if a map is played x% more of the time, it corresponds to a y% lower odds of showing up in the map vote.

If you look on game tracker comparing PH to TTT, ph plays the 5 most popular maps 10-15% more of the time than TTT
(03-10-2020, 09:40 PM)nevo Wrote: Ph uses a different map vote. The cool down issue is being looked into and is mentioned in the suggested thread for PH. From my understand it seems to favor the maps played a lot for some reason. What’s nice about ph is it keeps track of how many times the map has been played. My suggestion would be to look at those numbers and if a map is played x% more of the time, it corresponds to a  y% lower odds of showing up in the map vote.

If you look on game tracker comparing PH to TTT, ph plays the 5 most popular maps 10-15% more of the time than TTT

Partially correct, we cannot add new maps because it puts those maps in the same map vote EVERY time. It is why Dimmsdale and the Halloween map come up every or every other map vote. The reason many maps appear many times is because since this map vote came up many months ago, we have had to remove multiple maps that have broken for some reason like restaurant_2019 and gas_station. Add this with there are not many maps that can contain up to 40 players, fills Dink's map requirements that he has, and that any time we have added a new map it hogs up the map vote quickly becoming the latest overplayed for months on end, some maps are going to be voted for continually. 

The older maps show up at a spread amount of time but there is not as many maps as there once were makes it appear that almost, if not all of the maps can be overplayed if they appear in the map vote a certain number of times. It does appear to be an issue where it has to do with how many times a map has been played, but the more popular maps are always going to be chosen as they are the ones that everyone knows either from Youtube creators, years of playing Garry's mod and the popular maps being good maps most of the time. Another issue is that the popular maps having actual thumbnails instead of large question marks like half of our other maps. A picture speaks a thousand words so people are more likely to go for a map with a thumbnail rather than one without an actual thumbnail even if staff and server regulars suggest a lesser played, but still good, map to play on.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(03-10-2020, 10:06 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Another issue is that the popular maps having actual thumbnails instead of large question marks like half of our other maps. A picture speaks a thousand words so people are more likely to go for a map with a thumbnail rather than one without an actual thumbnail even if staff and server regulars suggest a lesser played, but still good, map to play on.

This is an issue I have been trying to help players get over when choosing maps. sometimes you can convince the crowd, but most of the time they choose one with a pic. tis sad.
[Image: ban_2.png]
[Image: aug_kick_2.png]
I am slapping this into my suggestion thread (btw please use that next time)
But fish is correct. This is an issue we've been trying to get fixed for a while and there's not much I nor he can do right now. For the time being dink is working on making sure the server isnt fully crashing and fixing pointshop so we will come back to map vote right after this is finished being figured out okay?
I promise i will push for a fix for this.