Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immaturity as a Moderator
(03-20-2020, 09:45 PM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote: i understand where you're coming from but his name is fine. lycan has the most hours on the server, is one of the best if not the best mod we have and has a very good understanding of how the rules work. sure he was a bit rude but thats lycan

hours shouldnt be a tool for things to be wavered. a title of moderator should go beyond just handling reports and idiots on the server, it should be someone who is polite. people have bad days, i get that and understand entirely but if youre gonna sit here and tell me that he acts rude a majority of the time to the point where its labeled as "just lycan" thats pretty ridiculous

(03-20-2020, 09:47 PM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote: "you have never once acted like that and have been a pleasant person to discuss complications with the game."
off topic, but you probably haven't seen me when i deal with more certain cases, so im just gonna pretend i didnt hear that, im definitely not the most civil person here.

with me personally but i guess im wrong then. if thats the case then youre bunched with lycan and thats not a good thing

(03-20-2020, 09:24 PM)Alystic Numer Wrote: Just a little background, It was my detective round. i walked into a room and someone started shooting me, i saw his name but couldn't pronounce it and had to start to think on how to kos him, unfortunately i couldn't figure a way of doing so and died in frustration. Mind you im not the only person to complain about his name. "Chce ciasteczka"
i understand that his name has to have a least 3 Latin characters, but for it to be unpronounceable to people who dont know the language is complicated, especially for new players who are maybe just starting to play. yes ik its an old game but that shouldn't matter, new players to a server should be a good thing not a pain. So i decided i should inquire about it to a mod.
i didn't realize that mods are going to be immature and rude unreasonably, being a mod means to moderate the game, not be an asshole to someone who is just asking a question and who would like to actually discuss about it. i dont understand why he would want to be a mod if all he wanted was to play the game and have fun and not deal with peoples issues, then he shouldnt be a mod.

Offender's Name: Lycan

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:67771757

Offender's Rank: Moderator

What They Did: Immaturity, disrespectful, uncooperative 

When They Did It: 9:40 PM 3/20/2020

Potential Witnesses: Caddy

Proof: attachments

Other: ill be posting a second forum for the other screen shots since the limit is 5

(03-20-2020, 09:31 PM)SNAK Wrote: I mean he seem's like he tried to be cooperative, he gave you suggestions on what too call him, and even asked you to google how to pronounce the name correctly. From what I can tell from the Private messages you sent him, it seems he gave you the answer too your issue, and you did not accept his decision, therefore continually pm'd  him he became annoyed?

immature about how he responded too you? Sure. Anything worth reporting? Probably not boss :)

his answer of the problem was not what i was looking for, if he cant then he cant. i wont argue, that was me trying to have a conversation, i like interacting with people on the server. me and brown had conversations before about the irritations of the server, but at the end of the day brown wasnt disrespectful for no reason, plus i guess its not worth reporting, i agree but id much rather let this incident be open. regardless of the outcome,  him being rude is sad. even in the event of something that should be taken with more of a professional approach he yet insisted to act immature "can you tell me the point of these threads lol" i understand its just a video game and shouldnt be taken so seriously. but for people who like to be on the moderative side of things its suppose to be somewhat serious in some sense

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It’s a little hard to be serious about something like this
https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

But seriously I’m missing the abuse here. Mildly rude isn’t staff abuse. I cant pronounce it offhand but call him “che-che” off his first name

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(03-20-2020, 10:17 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.

XD thats good

(03-20-2020, 10:16 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

But seriously I’m missing the abuse here. Mildly rude isn’t staff abuse. I cant pronounce it offhand but call him “che-che” off his first name

i mean toxcity of a moderator in my eyes is somewhat abuse, but idk what else to do XD fuck it i doubt things will change so

(03-20-2020, 10:11 PM)Lycan Wrote: It’s a little hard to be serious about something like this

ill agree that this givin situation is hard to be serious about it when it boils down to, he was being mean to me. its the general idea not this specifically
If you even know Lycan this is like one of the nicest responses he's ever made lmao, he's a bit blunt but that's what gets the job done. I see no abuse just him telling you how to pronounce the names. Even so don't even throw the word toxicity around me its a blanket ass word you use when you don't know how to say you dislike someone.
Also think about the guy with this name, why should he change his name because you're being lazy?
100s of ways this could've gone differently, ultimately I think this approach is wrong. this in itself should've been a private matter between you two. the dude's name was fine, I personally do not think Lycan was having any malicious intent towards you, but that's all on interpretation.
just call him cookies, damn
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(03-20-2020, 10:33 PM)Battons Wrote: If you even know Lycan this is like one of the nicest responses he's ever made lmao, he's a bit blunt but that's what gets the job done. I see no abuse just him telling you how to pronounce the names. Even so don't even throw the word toxicity around me its a blanket ass word you use when you don't know how to say you dislike someone.
Also think about the guy with this name, why should he change his name because you're being lazy?

nicest response isnt exactly painting a good image. being blunt isnt what only gets the job done, thats just pure ignorance. there isnt any abuse in what he did orignally, his reaction afterwards is where the problem began and again ignorance on your part for no understanding where my problem was. to comment on your remark of toxicity, your personal opinion on a word isnt my problem, thats yours. me saying he is being toxic is because he was being toxic, that has nothing to do with me disliking him personally, its me disliking how someone in a position he is in would go around and act immaturely when he has a position of power over others. think about the guy with his name? i am thinking about it, i was concern that it would cause an issue with other players including myself, because again im not the only one who had issues. being lazy? it had nothing to do with the fact of me being "lazy" it had to deal with the fact it was causing complications for me and others. i would have no issues if lycan or anyone else could not get him to change his name due to the rules. thats understandable, i was merely trying to discuss it. just to clarify, me and lycan have apologized to one and another so regardless of what is said at the end of the day. things are settled, im more than content with the outcome of this.
Oh buddy, you haven’t seen toxicity.