Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immaturity as a Moderator
(03-20-2020, 10:39 PM)dong Wrote: 100s of ways this could've gone differently, ultimately I think this approach is wrong. this in itself should've been a private matter between you two. the dude's name was fine, I personally do not think Lycan was having any malicious intent towards you, but that's all on interpretation.

i agree it could've been handled more maturely, but the given situation of someone telling me to stop bitching doesn't seem like trying to converse with them is the best course of action, given the fact he told me not to privately message him. i understand if majority agrees the name is acceptable, again as i reiterate his name being unchangeable is perfectly fine, i just wanted to has a conversation about it. i personally agree i doubt his intent was malicious. it was the fact being that he shouldnt have been rude. like i said in my other response me and lycan have apologized and im more the content with the outcome of this forum.

(03-20-2020, 11:00 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote: Oh buddy, you haven’t seen toxicity.

i hope i wont have to see anything worse then a mild attitude XD

(03-20-2020, 10:43 PM)Noire Wrote: just call him cookies, damn

it wasnt the name that was the issue. it was the moderators response's to a genuine attempt on a conversation, me and lycan have apologized so it is good lol
If anything here you are being the toxic person, you are making a big deal about a non-existent issue. The player’s name in question follows all the rules for this community; if you can’t pronounce it as Lycan said Google it, or say something similar people will know what you’re talking about. Lycan has been a gold star staff member for probably 5 years though-out the entire time I have been a member of this community. I can see the reason Lycan responded the way he did, you kept pestering and bothering him for no reason. He outlined the communities rules about names to you and that’s all he needs to do, in reality he doesn’t even need to do that.
and just to point out something non have you had the thought of mentioning, my concern of the name wasnt because i didnt want to say a name i didnt know how to pronounce, it was the fact i was concerned if other players, new or old would be able to understand what anyone was referring to when they called a kos, now imagine a new player comes on the server and he hears "kos cookie" and he is looking and cant find that name in the list. it makes the game more frustrating and it makes it hard for players to converse about this name. some might find it easy but im not thinking about those who can im concerned about those who cant. i want to play game where everyone has fun, not where some are stressed and annoyed because they cant understand what other players mean, while the others are having fun, im looking at the bigger picture in all of this.
Imagine a mod being annoyed after you harass them about a non issue and then have the audacity to tell him to chill

Maybe you should take your (bad) advice?
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions

There is no toxicity anymore, remember?

On August 25th, 2019, toxicity in the community was addressed.

Also about this entire thread, his name is in line with the rules:
Have a name that is pronounceable and readable in latin characters. Do not have a name similar to any other players (example: Chad 1, Chad 17, Jimbo Junior, Jimbo Senior, and Etc)

His name is 100% pronounceable. It is not that player's fault, nor Lycan's fault, that you can't pronounce it. The only names that I can think of that are not pronounceable are something like "klghorupigahsaerhg" At least learn how to pronounce the first part of his name, then there isn't a problem.

There's no abuse in here, lock this thread.
(03-20-2020, 11:07 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote: If anything here you are being the toxic person, you are making a big deal about a non-existent issue. The player’s name in question follows all the rules for this community; if you can’t pronounce it as Lycan said Google it, or say something similar people will know what you’re talking about. Lycan has been a gold star staff member for probably 5 years though-out the entire time I have been a member of this community. I can see the reason Lycan responded the way he did, you kept pestering and bothering him for no reason. He outlined the communities rules about names to you and that’s all he needs to do, in reality he doesn’t even need to do that.
im being toxic? im sorry if thats how you feel, but id rather make a deal out of something that is nothing, than not make a deal out of something that actually is something. again to clarify because somehow you and everyone else seems to miss, but i am well aware his name is unchangeable. im content with it so i dont see why that is an argument when we all are saying the exact same thing. the problem is if in the case i do say cookies and no one understands what i am referring to, vice versa. alas i cant change his name that is over and done with, conversation on that closed. if lycan is a gold star staff member then so be it. i understand why he would get agitated as well, bui pestering and bothering him are out of the question.
he is a moderator, aside reports and so on what is his use on the server if people cant ask him questions on things they want to know more about. he did outline the rules for me and i appreciate that of him, and in reality if he doesnt have the patience to help people by answering question ( which he did but i wanted to know more in given scenarios ) then why would he want to be a moderator in the first place? again me and lycan have apologized and im more than content with how things turned out, any further conversation on this topic is just beating a dead horse
(03-20-2020, 11:28 PM)Alystic Numer Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 11:07 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote: If anything here you are being the toxic person, you are making a big deal about a non-existent issue. The player’s name in question follows all the rules for this community; if you can’t pronounce it as Lycan said Google it, or say something similar people will know what you’re talking about. Lycan has been a gold star staff member for probably 5 years though-out the entire time I have been a member of this community. I can see the reason Lycan responded the way he did, you kept pestering and bothering him for no reason. He outlined the communities rules about names to you and that’s all he needs to do, in reality he doesn’t even need to do that.
im being toxic? im sorry if thats how you feel, but id rather make a deal out of something that is nothing, than not make a deal out of something that actually is something. again to clarify because somehow you and everyone else seems to miss, but i am well aware his name is unchangeable. im content with it so i dont see why that is an argument when we all are saying the exact same thing. the problem is if in the case i do say cookies and no one understands what i am referring to, vice versa. alas i cant change his name that is over and done with, conversation on that closed. if lycan is a gold star staff member then so be it. i understand why he would get agitated as well, bui pestering and bothering him are out of the question.
he is a moderator, aside reports and so on what is his use on the server if people cant ask him questions on things they want to know more about. he did outline the rules for me and i appreciate that of him, and in reality if he doesnt have the patience to help people by answering question ( which he did but i wanted to know more in given scenarios ) then why would he want to be a moderator in the first place? again me and lycan have apologized and im more than content with how things turned out, any further conversation on this topic is just beating a dead horse
He literally outlined the rules for you and you continued to complain????
i don't understand the point of this reply??

So you agree this thread is pointless because you made a big deal out of nothing??

what is the point of this thread i don't understand
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(03-20-2020, 11:18 PM)Foxka Wrote: Imagine a mod being annoyed after you harass them about a non issue and then have the audacity to tell him to chill

Maybe you should take your (bad) advice?

"harass" thats pretty funny, and being annoyed? that conversation took the span of maybe 5-6 minutes. i told him to chill because my intent wasnt to harass him. i wanted to have a conversation about it, at the end of the day i knew the guys name couldnt get changed. it was the discussion of it that i wanted. bad advice? my only thoguths on anything, is that a moderator shouldnt be nasty to a concerned player, is that not simple?

(03-20-2020, 11:32 PM)Foxka Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 11:28 PM)Alystic Numer Wrote:
He literally outlined the rules for you and you continued to complain????
i don't understand the point of this reply??

So you agree this thread is pointless because you made a big deal out of nothing??

what is the point of this thread i don't understand
1st. didnt complain, and the point of the reply is to clarify since alot of you assume im complaining? 
2nd. and i do agree, regardless or not, i had a conversation on things i find on the server and im more than content with it.

(03-20-2020, 11:23 PM)Myron Wrote:

There is no toxicity anymore, remember?

On August 25th, 2019, toxicity in the community was addressed.

Also about this entire thread, his name is in line with the rules:
Have a name that is pronounceable and readable in latin characters. Do not have a name similar to any other players (example: Chad 1, Chad 17, Jimbo Junior, Jimbo Senior, and Etc)

His name is 100% pronounceable. It is not that player's fault, nor Lycan's fault, that you can't pronounce it. The only names that I can think of that are not pronounceable are something like "klghorupigahsaerhg" At least learn how to pronounce the first part of his name, then there isn't a problem.

There's no abuse in here, lock this thread.

im going to lock the thread, but again the concern wasnt because i couldnt pronounce it. it was if other players can understand what me or anyone else means about the name.

question tho, how do i lock a thread XD
You cant but I can. I guess ill leave it here tho in case avi wants to do anything

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon