Poll: Stay or remove for the time being
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
remove
16.67%
1 16.67%
Stay
83.33%
5 83.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
current !ghost mode, removed or stay as is?
@reed has the experience if we ask nice he might wip out a treat for Ghost.
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(04-05-2020, 01:35 AM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: On one hand, ghost is fun when the server is dead, so that you can explore maps on your own.

On the other hand it's shitty because it is buggy on half the maps, it does have issues with the first trap on the majority of maps, and unlike MOST dr servers, when you use !ghost, you can't start flying around or auto teleport back up to a trap/the beginning.

I think the best thing to do is to find a newer version of ghost (Preferably one that has the noclip in it), or one made by someone else, and find working addons that go with it such as a floor teleport.

100% agree with this. Ghost Mode is something comparable to the TTT GhostDM addon. As it gives players something to do, and even practice on certain maps. Deaths definitely shouldn't be able to see them, specially for newer Players. If we can find an addon that fixes both this issue & noclip, that would be a blessing.

Or if we can fix the one we have, that would be cool too. As for what to do now till we find a solution, I'm not entirely sure.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(04-05-2020, 01:35 AM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: On one hand, ghost is fun when the server is dead, so that you can explore maps on your own.

On the other hand it's shitty because it is buggy on half the maps, it does have issues with the first trap on the majority of maps, and unlike MOST dr servers, when you use !ghost, you can't start flying around or auto teleport back up to a trap/the beginning.

I think the best thing to do is to find a newer version of ghost (Preferably one that has the noclip in it), or one made by someone else, and find working addons that go with it such as a floor teleport.

I'd like to clarify, !ghost and solo run are two completely different things. !ghost is when you are dead and the round hasn't ended (aka you are still dead). Solo run is when you are the only one on the server, letting you take damage while not taking HP away (aka you are still alive)

(04-05-2020, 02:45 AM)Christian Wrote: 100% agree with this. Ghost Mode is something comparable to the TTT GhostDM addon. As it gives players something to do, and even practice on certain maps. Deaths definitely shouldn't be able to see them, specially for newer Players. If we can find an addon that fixes both this issue & noclip, that would be a blessing.

Or if we can fix the one we have, that would be cool too. As for what to do now till we find a solution, I'm not entirely sure.

This is what the point of the thread is to figure out what to do with the current !ghost while we figure out a replacement / fix.
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
(04-05-2020, 09:23 AM)Alora Wrote:

I'd like to clarify, !ghost and solo run are two completely different things. !ghost is when you are dead and the round hasn't ended (aka you are still dead). Solo run is when you are the only one on the server, letting you take damage while not taking HP away (aka you are still alive)

I know the difference, but on several servers I played on with ghost, it allowed you to free run with other dead players, and if you fell, auto teleported you up. I'm sure this was a cluster of addons working together, but the ghost they set up was fantastic.
You also got the choice of ghost OR solo run when the only one on. That way you could take 0 damage and practice the course, or just one trap, while solo run you still got hurt/died/etc.
I could attempt to find the thing I'm speaking of, as it would be super useful if you want. The ghost I speak of allows dead players to see the ghosts of one another, run together, be teleported back up, and free roam, or fly. Like I said I'm sure its a combination of a few addons, but they shouldnt be super hard to find as most current dr have something like this going.