Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
King Minotaur and His Misdeeds
(03-31-2020, 08:44 PM)๖ۣۜKingMinotaur☆ Wrote: Like us donors are trying to make the staff's lives easier by handling gags and shit, so they can focus on bans etc.  You know, THE IMPORTANT SHIT.  We know what the rules are and we do give adequate warnings to offenders.

I don't like quoting from rageposts, but I thought this was important.

The fact that anyone with donor rank (not just you) can feel entitled to acting as an authoritative figure in ANY WAY proves that the "donor overstepping" problem needs attention, and it needs it bad.

You should ABSOLUTELY NOT be able to pay $15 dollars for a rank with staff powers and be comparable in ANY WAY to a real, trained, staff member. Donors are not trained like staff members, and they are DEFINITELY not held to the same "community pillar" standards as staff members are, and thus, they should not be able to act in any way as staff members.

Fifteen USD is not a qualification. The hundreds of hours of outstanding effort, community involvement and commitment to having a fun server is the qualification. This qualification of "staff" is not just being granted tools to enforce the rules, but it's being given an official title that says "I'm a representative of this community, and I'm here for you.", and having a role accessible outside of this qualification completely destroys the "community pillar" role of staff ranks.

Addendum:
Quote:It doesn't really matter IF they were going to use their microphone or not; ULX commands are tools given to people for a reason, and when they're misused, it sets a bad precedent for users on the server and it gives off the impression that it's a-okay to just casually gag people when I buy this cool 15 dollar rank.

You don't need staff commands to have fun or make a joke.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide

(03-31-2020, 09:43 PM)§5Kitty§9Qua_ke Wrote: Donors do joke around but the times where you gagged happy and maybe piano they disagreed when you gagged them to be funny and joke around but, you just have to understand that many staff members are different to everyone else when it comes to big responsibilities.  

Yeah I get that.  I know a few days ago me and a few others WERE ragging on Happy.  I stopped after I was aware he expressed concerns and apologized to him afterwards, and I was and am still sorry for that.  That was a mistake and I will own up to that.  However, that is usually not the case, and when I, and most other Donors, gag people as a joke it is with friends in a voice chat, who get what's going on and are okay with it.  Again, that time was pretty bad, and I am sorry, Happy, if you are reading this.

I understand that but its always best to think before you do that actions, because remember Happy is younger than you and people would be sensitive to most things when it comes to GMOD, just remember to show people who are possibly young that dink ph is a great place to play
Resigned Ph Trusted March 11th 2019 - February 12th 2020
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.”

― Jess C. Scott
(03-31-2020, 10:06 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 08:44 PM)๖ۣۜKingMinotaur☆ Wrote: Like us donors are trying to make the staff's lives easier by handling gags and shit, so they can focus on bans etc.  You know, THE IMPORTANT SHIT.  We know what the rules are and we do give adequate warnings to offenders.

I don't like quoting from rageposts, but I thought this was important.

The fact that anyone with donor rank (not just you) can feel entitled to  acting as an authoritative figure in ANY WAY proves that the "donor overstepping" problem needs attention, and it needs it bad.

You should ABSOLUTELY NOT be able to pay $15 dollars for a rank with staff powers and be comparable in ANY WAY to a real, trained, staff member. Donors are not trained like staff members, and they are DEFINITELY not held to the same "community pillar" standards as staff members are, and thus, they should not be able to act in any way as staff members.

Fifteen USD is not a qualification. The hundreds of hours of outstanding effort, community involvement and commitment to having a fun server is the qualification. This qualification of "staff" is not just being granted tools to enforce the rules, but it's being given an official title that says "I'm a representative of this community, and I'm here for you.", and having a role accessible outside of this qualification completely destroys the "community pillar" role of staff ranks.

Addendum:
Quote:It doesn't really matter IF they were going to use their microphone or not; ULX commands are tools given to people for a reason, and when they're misused, it sets a bad precedent for users on the server and it gives off the impression that it's a-okay to just casually gag people when I buy this cool 15 dollar rank.

You don't need staff commands to have fun or make a joke.

Tell me that the next time you see staff abuse their powers as a joke. I'll wait.  Look at your own staff's signature lmao.  Talk to me when y'all are done being hypocritical.

(03-31-2020, 10:10 PM)§5Kitty§9Qua_ke Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 09:43 PM)§5Kitty§9Qua_ke Wrote: Donors do joke around but the times where you gagged happy and maybe piano they disagreed when you gagged them to be funny and joke around but, you just have to understand that many staff members are different to everyone else when it comes to big responsibilities.  

Yeah I get that.  I know a few days ago me and a few others WERE ragging on Happy.  I stopped after I was aware he expressed concerns and apologized to him afterwards, and I was and am still sorry for that.  That was a mistake and I will own up to that.  However, that is usually not the case, and when I, and most other Donors, gag people as a joke it is with friends in a voice chat, who get what's going on and are okay with it.  Again, that time was pretty bad, and I am sorry, Happy, if you are reading this.

I understand that but its always best to think before you do that actions, because remember Happy is younger than you and people would be sensitive to most things when it comes to GMOD, just remember to show people who are possibly young that dink ph is a great place to play

I just didn't realize his sensitivity up until that point.  Like I said, I am sorry and I have refrained from gagging those who don't explicitly say it's fine in a voicechat or something.  Thanks for understanding and keeping a cool head through this, instead of trying to slander mine and other people's names.  I'm not trying to be a dick here but some people clearly are...
(03-31-2020, 10:13 PM)๖ۣۜKingMinotaur☆ Wrote: Tell me that the next time you see staff abuse their powers as a joke. I'll wait.  Look at your own staff's signature lmao.  Talk to me when y'all are done being hypocritical.

I don't intend to have a back-and-forth on this, but hey, staff SHOULD be held to those standards if they're not already, although staff abusing their powers is no excuse for other people to do the same. Instead of stooping to their level out of spite, set an example and be the bigger person..

..also, who is "y'all"? I'm just a guy that doesn't even play, hell, I was threatened with a forum ban a mere month ago, as if I represent staff at all here!
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(03-31-2020, 10:24 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 10:13 PM)๖ۣۜKingMinotaur☆ Wrote: Tell me that the next time you see staff abuse their powers as a joke. I'll wait.  Look at your own staff's signature lmao.  Talk to me when y'all are done being hypocritical.

I don't intend to have a back-and-forth on this, but hey, staff SHOULD be held to those standards if they're not already, although staff abusing their powers is no excuse for other people to do the same. Instead of stooping to their level out of spite, set an example and be the bigger person..

..also, who is "y'all"? I'm just a guy that doesn't even play, hell, I was threatened with a forum ban a mere month ago, as if I represent staff at all here!

You really aren't getting this, are you?
We are joking around and having fun, and so are the staff, which is fine. The problem is when staff are hypocritical and pick on a certain few people for doing the EXACT SAME things they do on the daily, while at the same time turning a blind eye to some their peers and others of lower rank.  This is about hypocrisy and shedding light on why this whole situation is bogus.  It's not "stooping to their level out of spite" it's trying to figure out why staff can cross the lines with NO REPERCUSSIONS but for some reason the donors, who are equally important to the community as a whole can't, because we are maybe human fucking beings? And should be treated with equal respect?  Just a thought.
Honestly, there are staffs that does mess around with commands and that can be a problem. There are times when to use commands in serious situations and not abuse it. It does annoy me whenever staffs do that just for the sake of being "funny" or to entertain themselves. Now, when I use to staff - I wasn't like that. The entire staff team needs to realize they're responsible on a server, to keep it under control.
(03-31-2020, 08:44 PM)๖ۣۜKingMinotaur☆ Wrote: ....There have also been times where you DO NOT CARE if a donor uses their powers when you've been online.....

While I'm a little late on this, I'd like to point this out, most staff are perfectly fine with most donors helping around if they're the only staff on, however if donor(s) are getting in the way then they'll need to let the staff member handle it, as it's interfering with the staff, aka as stated by russ, a donor shouldn't be staff, they're there to help out when there is no staff or only one, if they choose to do so, now if we treat donors like staff I'd like to also point out that there are donors that don't really want to bother with gags and mute and usually when a staff member doesn't do their job people normally report them, thus would that make all of the donors who don't use the powers their given reportable as well?
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
(03-31-2020, 10:50 PM)Null Wrote: Honestly, there are staffs that does mess around with commands and that can be a problem. There are times when to use commands in serious situations and not abuse it. It does annoy me whenever staffs do that just for the sake of being "funny" or to entertain themselves. Now, when I use to staff - I wasn't like that. The entire staff team needs to realize they're responsible on a server, to keep it under control.

Thank you, that's exactly what I'm trying to say!  I'm fine with having the "no joke gagging" rule, it just irks me when staff blatantly disregard the rule for themselves, yet immediately go after lower ranking players who do.  Appreciate a former staff's opinion on the matter, and I appreciate that there are others who feel the same way as I
(03-31-2020, 10:42 PM)๖ۣۜKingMinotaur☆ Wrote:

We are joking around and having fun, and so are the staff, which is fine. The problem is when staff are hypocritical and pick on a certain few people for doing the EXACT SAME things they do on the daily, while at the same time turning a blind eye to some their peers and others of lower rank.  This is about hypocrisy and shedding light on why this whole situation is bogus.  It's not "stooping to their level out of spite" it's trying to figure out why staff can cross the lines with NO REPERCUSSIONS but for some reason the donors, who are equally important to the community as a whole can't, because we are maybe human fucking beings? And should be treated with equal respect?  Just a thought.
This is not about hypocrisy and shedding light on this whole "bogus situation". This thread was made to bring forward evidence of you abusing your power and arguing and ignoring staff/overstepping them.
[Image: lDo6UQl.png]
[Image: fkzTG3C.jpeg]
(03-31-2020, 10:55 PM)[blue]Slasheronic Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 10:42 PM)๖ۣۜKingMinotaur☆ Wrote:

This is not about hypocrisy and shedding light on this whole "bogus situation". This thread was made to bring forward evidence of you abusing your power and arguing and ignoring staff/overstepping them.

This is very much about hypocrisy LMAO.  It's happening right now.  A good few of the staff, even the ones WHO HAVE RESPONDED are guilty of this exact same thing in one way or another, and it's about time somebody said something about it.  Wouldn't have wanted it to be in this situation, but that's your choice, I guess, to try and trap people for trying to help the server.