Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules Suggestions/General Suggestions
(04-13-2020, 11:07 PM)§5Ginger Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 10:39 PM)The Punisher Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 10:10 PM)§5Ginger Wrote: Another thing that should be added to the time farming is 

>No time farming. If you see someone AFK for 2 rounds put them in spectate for 1 hour the remainder of the map. 
Punishment 1: Kick after that hour is up.them if still AFK by the 2nd round on the following map
Punishment 2: Ban for one hour after that hour is up.  Repeat punishment 1
Punishment 3: 12 hour ban
Punishment 4: 24+ hour ban

I don't agree with this. They essentially have now farmed 1 hour of time by your guideline. 
You still gather time even while in spectate. Why not move them to spectate after 2 rounds of AFK then if they're still AFK by next map, kick them. They'll rejoin when theyre back. 
Banning someone for an hours seems silly and unnecessary, especially if you want people to come back. Banning them for stepping away from their computer would put a bad taste in peoples mouth and could cause them to target which ever staff banned them. 

I don't see time farming as a big issue considering that after 5-10 mins you get put in AFK mode anyways, meaning you don't collect points. Now if the concern is that they may be trying to stack hours to apply for staff or something, look at game tracker as they would have high time with no kills on record.

EDIT: How the rule looks now. 
>No time farming. 
Warning 1: Notify player by name that if they remain AFK for 2 consecutive rounds they will be moved to Spectate. 
Punishment 1: Kick player if they are still AFK by the 2nd round of the following map (First offense)
Warning 2: Notify player by name that if they remain AFK for 2 consecutive rounds they will be moved to Spectate
Punishment 2: Kick player if they are still AFK by the 2nd round of the following map (Second offense)
Punishment 3: 12 Hour ban
Punishment 4: 24+ hour ban

Just to let you know I was told this by the owner himself.

Just to let you know, this thread is titled “Rule Suggestions/General Suggestions”
Ok so this is one that after looking over the rules again I realized this is one that I believe should be added which is the rule on no inappropriate picture, name and text hats which would include racist, sexist, overly sexual, and triggering topics like rape and suicide
(04-14-2020, 02:09 PM)leftjupiter18 Wrote: Ok so this is one that after looking over the rules again I realized this is one that I believe should be added which is the rule on no inappropriate picture, name and text hats which would include racist, sexist, overly sexual, and triggering topics like rape and suicide

That would be a great idea.

>Do not disrespect/harass staff or players.
Disrespect and harassment towards players/staff is not allowed!
Causing issues for your own entertainment and bringing up past drama is not allowed. This includes no inappropriate picture, name and text hats. which would include racist, sexist, overly sexual, and triggering topics like rape and suicide
Examples: Being rude to players because of their: race, gender, age, or voice/ wording. Rape jokes, and asking a player to do inappropriate things is strictly prohibited.

Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification
Punishment 1: Mute/Gag for the map
Punishment 2: Ban based on situation (24hr +)
(04-15-2020, 12:39 AM)§5Ginger Wrote:
(04-14-2020, 02:09 PM)leftjupiter18 Wrote: Ok so this is one that after looking over the rules again I realized this is one that I believe should be added which is the rule on no inappropriate picture, name and text hats which would include racist, sexist, overly sexual, and triggering topics like rape and suicide

That would be a great idea.

>Do not disrespect/harass staff or players.
Disrespect and harassment towards players/staff is not allowed!
Causing issues for your own entertainment and bringing up past drama is not allowed. This includes no inappropriate picture, name and text hats which would include racist, sexist, overly sexual, and triggering topics like rape and suicide
Examples: Being rude to players because of their: race, gender, age, or voice/ wording. Rape jokes, and asking a player to do inappropriate things is strictly prohibited.

Punishment 1: Mute/Gag for the map
Punishment 2: Ban based on situation (24hr +)
wouldn't that fit better in this section since it already talks about that stuff in some degree?

>Do not excessively curse/talk about sexual things/talk about politics or religion.
IF you’re asked to stop or settle down, then stop. 
This includes no inappropriate profile pictures, names, and text hats.
Which would include things that are: racist, sexist, overly sexual, or contain topics like rape and suicide.
Punishment 1: Mute/Gag for round
Punishment 2: Mute/Gag for map
Punishment 3: Kick
Punishment 4: 24 Hour Ban
Another rule that could be added is Something against kill binding when you have the gun to put it in an inaccessible area to make it so that murderer can win. This could be placed under the teaming section in the rules.
...What else is there to say?
(04-18-2020, 06:40 PM)[test]☆§4Nemo§0 Wrote: Another rule that could be added is Something against kill binding when you have the gun to put it in an inaccessible area to make it so that murderer can win. This could be placed under the teaming section in the rules.

With putting the gun in a inaccessible area , I seen on a server where the gun spawns back into the Map. I mean you can still get the gun if you gather all the Clues around the map.

But yeah 1+ on The Kill Bind
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
A couple of simple suggestions;

Proper training for staff. A couple of them get aggressive, I've only met two but both of you when i asked things, OR was telling a player to stop hitting me, got an attitude or aggressive with me. You guys need to learn how to communicate with people/players.
(I'm not necessarily easily to get along with but at no point is it really okay to snap at a player when they're confused or needing help.) I am not the only one this happened to, as a kid was playing and got upset, and the staff told him to stop crying about it and play something else, to summarize. It was rude. It's a kid dude. Just work on how you address players/trolls/etc. You dont have to be their friend or anything but you don't have to be a jerk or cop an attitude with every other person just because they disagree.

Spamming e. I spoke with dink about it last night, and he is against it being a rule, so I discussed the alternative, when a player says stop, you stop. Yesterday I was kind of targeted and spammed e on for a few rounds and I couldn't even play the game. When I brought it up I was told it wasn't against the rules. So then I brought up how in the chat it says it's not allowed. Then thats where my first situation led to. Spamming e on a player to where the game is unplayable, runs players off. Not keep them around. So I want to put it under player disrespect somewhere, respect their space. Don't harass them if they say stop and are visibly getting upset, stop.

Another suggestion. Popcorn/chicken as the murderer. I ran into a situation where the murderer killed with nothing but popcorn. We couldn't tell if they were RDMing or if they were the murderer because >you cant call a KOS unless youre sure bc youre punished for false kos< BUT nobody could see the knife. I would like something done towards the murderer not being able to use things liek that to murder, because anyone can get them with enough points/time. It's game breaking as all hell.

Next suggestion, again popcorn related. I think the damage needs removed. I also discussed this with dink but he said he couldn't figure out how to, so I am going to help with that. People were killing the murderer with popcorn, or damaging other players. When the server gets full and a small handful are doing this, it gets problematic. As a player view, its annoying. I hate that I can't play normally. It also again, breaks the game mode when you have 1 sheriff, and 1 murderer. Thats how it's supposed to go. But when you get a toy such as popcorn or chicken that can harm murderer, you are therefore making sheriff useless. The whole point of the game is for people to work together to kill the murderer, and pass around the gun. It keeps it a fair 1v1 but with verbal help. With popcorn/chicken... Its a 1vEVERYONE. The murderer gets no chance. Now the argument of the price of popcorn keeps that from happening or fair. In just one night of playing I made a total of 43,800 some odd points. I gambled and just played. Thats all I did. Of course I spent it all gambling bc im big bad, but if I wanted to, I could easily make the points for the popcorn in a day or two. So the price isn't that much of a deterrent. So Like I siad, popcorn and chicken need damage removed. Throwable with knockback ? Hell yeah keep the knockback. But not the damage. It breaks the game dude.

And last suggestion. The entire economy of the shop is assbackwards. I explained that part to dink and hes going to work on getting it fixed. But i thought it should be here just in case it was forgotten between all the other solutions.
(04-19-2020, 05:50 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: Snip
Im going to just be focusing on the training portion of this comment. All of the current active staff on murder, except for maybe 1 r 2 of them, have very little previous experience staffing from what I know. This wouldn't be a big deal, except for my second point. There are no active mods or admins on murder. I know Dan pops in every once in a while, but most of the time he is inactive. Ill personally say that if I had to go through the TTT ranks without any mos or upper staff there is no way I would currently be mod and I probably would have given up and resigned. I'm not saying thats what the murder staff should do, I'm saying the there needs to be a higher presence.
(04-19-2020, 08:02 PM)killerZoreo Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 05:50 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: Snip
Im going to just be focusing on the training portion of this comment. All of the current active staff on murder, except for maybe 1 r 2 of them, have very little previous experience staffing from what I know. This wouldn't be a big deal, except for my second point. There are no active mods or admins on murder. I know Dan pops in every once in a while, but most of the time he is inactive. Ill personally say that if I had to go through the TTT ranks without any mos or upper staff there is no way I would currently be mod and I probably would have given up and resigned. I'm not saying thats what the murder staff should do, I'm saying the there needs to be a higher presence.

That's another thing. That's being worked on currently. So let me add in this, the willingness to learn. There can't be much learning without someone to teach, and those being taught being willing to learn.
(04-19-2020, 08:02 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: I know Dan pops in every once in a while, but most of the time he is inactive.

I'm going to take a risk to say that Dan is not qualified to be Admin in the first place. He wasn't even registered to the forums when he got the rank, nobody knows him, and he literally says in his introductory thread that the only reason he has admin is because he and Dink were childhood friends. (I mean seriously?)

I'm very pleased with how active Dink has been in the development of Murder, but there definitely needs to be a QUALIFIED community member to take the reigns on Murder Admin if we want to solve any kind of problem we're having with staff members. Deathrun saw highly experienced TTT staff members such as Christian take up administrative positions to grow the server when it first released; why can't Murder, a more active server, get the same treatment?
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide