Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TTT] Rule Suggestions
How would you define bigotry? That's a pretty broad term for something that can be given a specific punishment.
(11-02-2021, 06:09 PM)Battons Wrote: In light of recent events it's become clear that we need to tighten up a bit on how we treat some behavior types on TTT. For the sake of disclosing our discussions, currently, these are potential changes to how we proceed with these issues. 

These are not final yet and would like some feedback.

All Offenses will recieve an awarn log with their punishment.

1. Racism and any form of bigotry will now be under the same category of punishment.

2. Slurs racism and bigotry will be increased.

Three day-week-month-perma.

3. Harassment punishments will be increased. 

Warning-week-month-perma.

4. Slur baiting of any kind such as phrases or words that sound a lot like their intended slur. Slurs that have letters crossed out, etc.

Warn and kick- day ban-week-perma.

5. Mass RDM and Constant RDM.

One month plus slays per staff guidelines.

6. Rdm and Leave 

(undecided at this time)

7. Mic Spam 

Gag/mute - round gag/mute - kick - permanent gag.

For staff
1. Racism or bigotry from any source or media will result in an instant strike or demotion based on severity, aswell as standard punishment.
2. Instigating arguments or denial to descelate will result in a strike.

To be continued.
1) I was already convinced that this was the case, as racism is a form of bigotry so this is good to combine them
2)This is good, but i'm not sure if a warning will be the first punishment before the 3 day? that is what would make sense to me anyways
3)should be warning-week OR month depending on severity - perm, in my humble opinion.
4)looks good
5)I also like this change because most players will not appeal if they don't intend to return anyways
6)RDM and leave shouldn't be a ban with !aslay being in existence, this is a grandfathered rule. Unless malicious, RDM and leaves should just result in slays, or maybe even double the slays.
7) I would recommend a ban before perma gag? Unless perma gags are appealable.

FOR STAFF
1) yes! this is good to crack down on.
2) This strikes me as a controversial change. Staff have every right to be passionate about injustice as anyone else, and I'd be hard pressed to agree with no arguments being allowed. Again, depends on if malicious or not. Otherwise, good change.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(11-02-2021, 09:47 PM)~snip~Foxka Wrote: 7) I would recommend a ban before perma gag? Unless perma gags are appealable

~snip~

Perma gags are issued out by Dink himself, so I think a ban and then perma gag would be better. It's the ultimate punishment after all.
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
(11-02-2021, 10:09 PM)Nazu(spooky) Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 09:47 PM)~snip~Foxka Wrote: 7) I would recommend a ban before perma gag? Unless perma gags are appealable

~snip~

Perma gags are issued out by Dink himself, so I think a ban and then perma gag would be better. It's the ultimate punishment after all.
Actually I think the admins might be able to perma gag now.
(11-02-2021, 09:30 PM)Nelluc9 Wrote: How would you define bigotry? That's a pretty broad term for something that can be given a specific punishment.

I would assume if there is an "-ism" or "-phobia" applicable to a word or phrase along with an intent to or resulting in hurt feelings, it is bigotry. Slurs should probably be blacklisted entirely.
N slur, T slur, F slur, C slur, "no, you're a man," etc. type shit.

(11-02-2021, 06:09 PM)Battons Wrote: 6. Rdm and Leave 

(undecided at this time)

Y'know, I saw this really neat presentation a while back with several suggestions... if only I had the link still. Damn, tough luck.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
change following warnings to kos from 3 to 1. 3 is way too long, especially since you need to wait like 5 seconds to act on it. added bonus of aligning this with the blocking warning rule which is already at 1
Hi!

Hope this isn't too old of a thread and I'm necro'ing; also this being kind of a broad suggestion (but I'd be willing to put more thought and words into an actual solution if deemed a good suggestion). I think if you are going to state certain things be allowed in the rules such as this: "Entering traitor room while unproven." being KOSable, there should be a section clearly identifying what makes a player "proven." Otherwise, it's just left up in the air and can end up making players very frustrated if they ARE proven.

Example: Detectives identifying a specific player as proven for Identifying a traitor body (not someone claiming they searched the body, specifically the first person to check and Identify the body) is proven because the detective obtained credits from said body.