Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TTT] Rule Suggestions
(12-07-2020, 09:22 AM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: For number 2, I disagree with mainly because if you kill a traitor and pick up a t weapon and you say you are proven, and someone kills you for that it should still be rdm and punishable.

Because anyone can say they're proven. There needs to be some kind of objective rules-wise delineation of what makes a player proven vs unproven, and a detective's word is an easy fix.

Quote:I do see what you are saying though about split second reactions when someone pulls out a deadly weapon nexts to you though but mistakes like that can happen and it should still be slayable.

Why? It's absurd that when someone pulls a knife on you, the rules force you to scroll up in chat and check their proven status (or simply have encyclopedic and instantly-recallable knowledge of who is proven in the given round.) No one would ever survive a knife or a jihad again if everyone complied with this.
(12-07-2020, 09:32 AM)Inkse Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 09:22 AM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: For number 2, I disagree with mainly because if you kill a traitor and pick up a t weapon and you say you are proven, and someone kills you for that it should still be rdm and punishable.

Because anyone can say they're proven. There needs to be some kind of objective rules-wise delineation of what makes a player proven vs unproven, and a detective's word is an easy fix.

Quote:I do see what you are saying though about split second reactions when someone pulls out a deadly weapon nexts to you though but mistakes like that can happen and it should still be slayable.

Why? It's absurd that when someone pulls a knife on you, the rules force you to scroll up in chat and check their proven status (or simply have encyclopedic and instantly-recallable knowledge of who is proven in the given round.) No one would ever survive a knife or a jihad again if everyone complied with this.
Like I said, the game revolves around trust and knowing who to believe or who not to believe, sometimes you can tell when certain people are lying about being proven also. I will admit thought it can be difficult at times knowing who really is proven or who isn't proven just based on the words of others who may be lying themselves. Also you can use tab to mark someone as proven if they say that killed a t and have a t weapon, that may be easier then just scrolling up in chat or trying to remember. I just believe it all involves around making judgement calls and trying to make the right choice based on how others act and what they say. Also I think the detective could lie too about others being proven and make mistakes about who is or isn't proven just as well as an innocent or traitor can.
T-baiting is KOSable, even if you announce a t weapon and are proven, in my opinion.
If you stand there with a knife, not charging players, and announce that you got it from a T, them that's one situation.
If you charge me with said knife at any point I'm going to practice my deagle aim.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Hey, I recently got slain for killing someone who was using a grapple hook unannounced. The rules seem to state this is kosable, and there's nothing saying otherwise.

"Having a traitor item while unproven. This includes Secret Objective Knives on Maps applicable. You can find the full List of Traitor / Non Traitor Items here..."

On the list of traitor items, it says grapple hook. While, yes, it does say it is also a detective item, the rules say absolutely nothing about that being different in any way.

I understand staff discretion is a thing, it's a bit frustrating to be slain for it instead of warned, since the rules directly tell me it's okay.

Secondary gripe: People keep using the grapple hook exploit and nobody seems to be enforcing the rule against it. This has happened often enough that I actually didn't know there was a rule against it until today. I thought it was just an exploit like bhopping that nobody gives a shit about
(05-15-2021, 04:50 PM)Tori Wrote: Hey, I recently got slain for killing someone who was using a grapple hook unannounced. The rules seem to state this is kosable, and there's nothing saying otherwise.

"Having a traitor item while unproven. This includes Secret Objective Knives on Maps applicable. You can find the full List of Traitor / Non Traitor Items here..."

On the list of traitor items, it says grapple hook. While, yes, it does say it is also a detective item, the rules say absolutely nothing about that being different in any way.

I understand staff discretion is a thing, it's a bit frustrating to be slain for it instead of warned, since the rules directly tell me it's okay.

Secondary gripe: People keep using the grapple hook exploit and nobody seems to be enforcing the rule against it. This has happened often enough that I actually didn't know there was a rule against it until today. I thought it was just an exploit like bhopping that nobody gives a shit about
Having T shop items are not kosable if you take them off of a T. Just now I shot you when you had a homrun bat. If you wouldve reported me I wouldve slain myself as you were double proven. Additionally, an item that is the Detective shop is not kosable as the detective could have given it to you.
(05-15-2021, 04:55 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 04:50 PM)Tori Wrote: Hey, I recently got slain for killing someone who was using a grapple hook unannounced. The rules seem to state this is kosable, and there's nothing saying otherwise.

Having T shop items are not kosable if you take them off of a T. Just now I shot you when you had a homrun bat. If you wouldve reported me I wouldve slain myself as you were double proven. Additionally, an item that is the Detective shop is not kosable as the detective could have given it to you.

I understand the scenario that played out, but the point I am trying to make is that rules seem to directly contradict you.
(05-15-2021, 05:02 PM)Tori Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 04:55 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote:

I understand the scenario that played out, but the point I am trying to make is that rules seem to directly contradict you.
Could use some clearing up for sure.
If you are not proven or a detective you may be kosd for using t items. It does not matter that you picked it up, only the first statement.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(05-15-2021, 07:55 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: If you are not proven or a detective you may be kosd for using t items. It does not matter that you picked it up, only the first statement.
He was proven in this situation but I guess I was wrong about the grapple hook. My bad.
Basically
If you pick up a T Weapon you should ALWAYS say "Hey I just picked up a T Weapon either Proven/Unproven so if you see me with said Weapon do not KOS me over it"
If you don't say that you picked one up and people see you with a T Weapon they have every right to KOS you over that since you failed to say "I picked up a T Weapon" unless your proven by the detective , tested , killing a T , etc.
This also includes the "Grapple Hook" being that its a detective/traitor weapon you do see the confusion but there is a easy solution if being from the detective if they died for example and the grapple hook was dropped you need to say that "Hey the detective died and I have picked up there grapple hook so please do not KOS me if you see me using it" or Detective gives you the Grapple Hook and makes a statement saying "I am giving my Grapple Hook to said individual so dont KOS them on it"

However if they dont say anything about owning a Grapple Hook you have every right to KOS them for not stating they have one.

Just a reminder ALWAYS state if you picked up a T Weapon or you might be KOS'ed
[Image: QZ3ikMA.png]