Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TTT] Rule Suggestions
(Note: I have no idea what this ReThink ban nonsense is, but I am not affiliated, I am crossposting the RDM and leave argument from my statements made in this thread)
(04-30-2020, 02:16 PM)Uriel\is Wrote: As for RDM&Leave rule just use your common sense, if you having to deal with staff the only logical way to sort this out is to sit this one out and wait till staff finally gives you the punishment. If its not possible then just pm that staff sorting your report and that's it, its not too hard to type a sentence which will take a couple of moments.

(02-12-2020, 03:21 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: That's true, but that is far from a colloquial understanding to players that haven't played on the server. A percentage of people that get RDM & leaf bans are minges, sure, but I can be certain than an unacceptable number of people have gotten on the server and gotten a slay in some way or another (either not knowing much about TTT or not memorizing the fcking bible of a rulebook), left without knowing what happened or thinking nothing of it, and found themselves banned for an entire week 12 hours later.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
General reminder that I don't want to see people attacking each-other whatsoever. RDM and leave has been an established rule for the entirety of the server so while I will bring it by Dink in conversation. Don't get your hopes up.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(04-30-2020, 03:06 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: General reminder that I don't want to see people attacking each-other whatsoever. RDM and leave has been an established rule for the entirety of the server so while I will bring it by Dink in conversation. Don't get your hopes up.

It is important to note changing that rule is not being suggested - making an additional clarification/process is.

It's a good rule to have, no doubt, but the application is overzealous and the clarification seeks to un-muddle that, that's all.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

Is it possible to move/copy stuff relevant to TTT from the guides forum into the TTT forum?
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
Hello everyone. Just going to bump this thread once again as I am still looking for community feedback on my ongoing rule revisions:

Will continue to rework them and discuss with Dink. No exact ETA yet as it's still a work in progress.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
1. No, following is already KOSable in overtime. This rule will just result in RDM and need for more rules.
2. No, who cares of someone tries to prop kill. Only if you get damaged.
4. Yes, why would an innocent want to hide a body unless they were trolling. Either a traitor or a innocent troll.
[Image: InfiniteMildDuck-max-1mb.gif]
[Image: WYtXhuo.png]
(05-15-2020, 11:19 AM)Atlanta Thug Wrote: 2. No, who cares of someone tries to prop kill. Only if you get damaged.
As the rule stands now, someone must do 5+ damage to you with a prop for you to kill them for it.
But it is VERY rare to get hit by a prop for more than 5 damage without being instantly dead.
Prop damage seems to be pretty all-or-nothing... I feel like I only ever see it either do a handful (1 or 2 points) of damage or instantly kill.
And seeing that low damage is REALLY rare.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
Is there any talk about punishing people for encouraging others to do a mass rdm round? I might of not worded that right but the mass rdm round jokes has gotten out of hand very fast. Again I am not trying to offend anyone or anything like that but this has gotten old I think.
(06-10-2020, 06:36 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Is there any talk about punishing people for encouraging others to do a mass rdm round? I might of not worded that right but the mass rdm round jokes has gotten out of hand very fast. Again I am not trying to offend anyone or anything like that but this has gotten old I think.

It only makes sense to punish someone if they actually cause RDM. Usually, when people call for an RDM round, nothing happens.
(06-10-2020, 06:54 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 06:36 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Is there any talk about punishing people for encouraging others to do a mass rdm round? I might of not worded that right but the mass rdm round jokes has gotten out of hand very fast. Again I am not trying to offend anyone or anything like that but this has gotten old I think.

It only makes sense to punish someone if they actually cause RDM. Usually, when people call for an RDM round, nothing happens.
Usually? Ever since I joined back on this server almost every time someone says rdm round. ACTUAL rdm happens, sometimes even mass. I do agree with you though that the person should only be punished if they cause rdm from it though. They usually do cause rdm with it anyway.