Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTT Weapon Changelogs: April 2020
Hello Friends, me again. Just would like to let you all know that the recent changes have been added to our Test Server. You can join by connecting to the IP Bellow.

74.91.121.29:27015

We plan to have these changes tested for at least a week or more, so get a couple friends to go on and test em out. We'll probably require someone with PS2 access to do what we did last time, so if someone can do that, that would be awesome! As always, your feedback is appreciated. So please use the thread below if you'd like to voice anything.

Thanks as always!

Weapon Discussion Thread
TTT Patchnotes 4/21/20
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
lemme just bump this since the changes were added and if you're curious as to whats new
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
gimmie a week or two to get unbanned and i'll reply with my thoughts
I feel that barring the discovery of a horrible balance issue, secondaries really need the love more than the primaries. All of then feel the same (the pistols have various shades of fire rate, and the revolvers also share their feel).

Also, at this point, we should probably look into adding new secondaries over new primaries. If we add both, that is fine, but we have enough assault rifles and smgs that I feel we do not need more at this point.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
I feel like everything is just getting nerfed into the ground. More unconventional weapons like the mp7, aug, or the p90 should have at least some kind of advantage over things like the m16's two shot headshots. The amount of weapons in the shop vs the amount of weapons that are really fun or usable insanely low.
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]
(06-11-2020, 04:29 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote: I feel like everything is just getting nerfed into the ground. More unconventional weapons like the mp7, aug, or the p90 should have at least some kind of advantage over things like the m16's two shot headshots. The amount of weapons in the shop vs the amount of weapons that are really fun or usable insanely low.
This is also kinda the case. for example, make the p90 roughly equal damage to all parts of the body (including the head) and do slightly more, for people who cannot aim, and stuff like that. I still would much prefer secondaries to be looked at first (I am pretty sure the only difference between the beretta and the HK is fire rate.)
(06-11-2020, 07:42 PM)Saitama Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 04:29 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote: I feel like everything is just getting nerfed into the ground. More unconventional weapons like the mp7, aug, or the p90 should have at least some kind of advantage over things like the m16's two shot headshots. The amount of weapons in the shop vs the amount of weapons that are really fun or usable insanely low.
This is also kinda the case. for example, make the p90 roughly equal damage to all parts of the body (including the head) and do slightly more, for people who cannot aim, and stuff like that. I still would much prefer secondaries to be looked at first (I am pretty sure the only difference between the beretta and the HK is fire rate.)

Secondaries definitely need more versatility. Sure, guns like the glock are cool for a fast secondary spray point blank, but there's almost no reason to pick it over the bullshite for a 3 shot across the map to the body, and 1 to the head anywhere, or the deagle which is semi auto headshots. I'd definitely like to see something that actually competes with the stronger choices in the secondary weapon class.
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]
(06-11-2020, 07:51 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote: Secondaries definitely need more versatility. Sure, guns like the glock are cool for a fast secondary spray point blank, but there's almost no reason to pick it over the bullshite for a 3 shot across the map to the body, and 1 to the head anywhere, or the deagle which is semi auto headshots. I'd definitely like to see something that actually competes with the stronger choices in the secondary weapon class.
I think adding a pocket sniper and maybe some type of pocket shotty would help. The sniper is preferable to the shotty, as we all know how controversial shotties are.

Edit: lets not make any new weapons crate only.
Also, the only primary that actually REQUIRES some changes right now is the M24. Because, at best, it is legally classifiable as a dumpster fire.
Can't really differentiate something like different pistols with anything more then fire rate, magazine size and damage. Honestly with Source hit reg and this servers hit reg combined it's hard for most guns to do anything that isn't winchester and magnums to get some dumb one shot kill. More weapons are unnecessary since it is hard to make things different without something drastic. Compounded with since there is no reason to look around the map for better weapons that could be made to be wanted with a higher average stat spread to warrant more weapons in the server to clog it up since you can just spawn with the majority of weapons without any real cost.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
Not sure where else to post this but the locomotive is a one-hit basically if you are within 10 feet of the person no aiming required. Might be a specific issue with the locomotive however as I do see the occasional error in console whenever it's used:
[ERROR] addons/tflippys_ttt_legacy_weapon_pack_286533896/lua/weapons/weapon_ttt_tflippy_loco12g/shared.lua:146: attempt to compare nil with number
1. unknown - addons/tflippys_ttt_legacy_weapon_pack_286533896/lua/weapons/weapon_ttt_tflippy_loco12g/shared.lua:146 (x18)
[Image: b_560x95.png]