Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumbest reason you had to ban someone
As a moderator, you've had to ban someone for some stupid ass reason. Well, I wanted to find a reason more stupid than having to ban someone openly admitting to using mod menus, and actually had a fucking mod menu.
On my old TTT server we handed out bans like Oprah for a bunch of things, but the dumbest ones were when people openly admitted to ghosting.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I saw a ban once for a guy that goes "i doose not haxs" then procedes to tp every one on the server and spam chat with the link to the site he got his hacks from.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
(03-24-2017, 11:39 AM)⌠ƒ€ѦГ⌡ TDawg4 Wrote: I saw a ban once for a guy that goes "i doose not haxs" then procedes to tp every one on the server and spam chat with the link to the site he got his hacks from.

Never seen that before, but I had to somehow get the correct steamid that was masking his actual name and randomly changing it to everyone on the server.
I've seen a fair share of foolish bans as an administrator/manager.

Once had a guy come on and get banned for trolling/rdming. He proceeded to rejoin on four different alt accounts (all with different ips so ip ban was pointless). He was using a voice changer and proceeded to try to hit on me. I proceeded to convince him to admit over voice chat that all of those accounts were his and permabanned all of them.

I've had players admit to aimbot, esp hacks, wallhacks, and many other hacks. Even had a guy try to justify that it was fine that he was hacking.

(03-24-2017, 11:32 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: On my old TTT server we handed out bans like Oprah for a bunch of things, but the dumbest ones were when people openly admitted to ghosting.
I banned a ghosting group of four on a prop hunt server (also were trolling and team switching constantly), had one of the friends add me on steam. They proceeded to ask if I would unban them, and when I said no, she told me "Well we wouldn't have ghosted if you would have let us all be on the same team."
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
Somewhere in the archives is an unban request for like RDM & Leaf where the person posted a screenshot of their console which was related to the incident. They did get unbanned for the RDM & Leaf... however they got prmabanned for having hax that were on display in the screenshot.
(03-24-2017, 12:22 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: Somewhere in the archives is an unban request for like RDM & Leaf where the person posted a screenshot of their console which was related to the incident. They did get unbanned for the RDM & Leaf... however they got prmabanned for having hax that were on display in the screenshot.

Holy shit im dead...just wow
(03-24-2017, 03:47 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(03-24-2017, 12:22 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: Somewhere in the archives is an unban request for like RDM & Leaf where the person posted a screenshot of their console which was related to the incident. They did get unbanned for the RDM & Leaf... however they got prmabanned for having hax that were on display in the screenshot.

Found it.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(03-24-2017, 05:00 PM)Christian Wrote:

Found it.

That's a more recent one. There's one on the old forums which is way funnier because the idiot condemned himself in his own unban appeal.
(03-24-2017, 08:21 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote:
(03-24-2017, 05:00 PM)Christian Wrote:

Found it.

That's a more recent one. There's one on the old forums which is way funnier because the idiot condemned himself in his own unban appeal.

http://dinklebergsttt.enjin.com/forum/m/...most-views.
former admin2