Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TTT] Opinions on Test Server Things
Hello everyone, I wanted to make a quick thread to outline several things currently live on the test server that can be potentially added to the main server. Let me know what you guys think about any of these items, maps, etc.

Maps:
  1. Remove ttt_hogwarts and ttt_lumbridge. Lumbridge is too unoptimized unfortunately and hogwarts is too large most of the time and has multiple major exploits that cannot be fixed as the map cannot be decompiled and edited.
  2. Add ttt_lost_land: A fun, decently-sized map that is easy on the frames while being unique and interesting.
  3. Add ttt_mystery_canyon: Another fun, decent-sized map by the same creator with a good mix of open and tight spaces.
Traitor/Detective Items:
  1. Medkit: A one-time use medkit that can either heal a teammate for 30 or yourself for 20. Will either be for both traitors and detectives or detectives only.
  2. Bulldozer Armor: A traitor item that grants you +50 HP but announces you as a T to the whole server and locks your weapon to the default half-life 2 shotgun. Needs more testing to determine if it is fair.
  3. Freeze Gun: The opposite of the flare gun. Freezes the target in place for a configurable amount of time. Will either be for both T's and D's or Detective only. Likely to be only 2 shots as opposed to the default 4.
  4. Detective Playercam: A simple Detective item that grants you a camera based on whoever you target with the gun. Does not show names in the camera however.
  5. Riot Shield: A detective-only riot shield. Blocks bullets and has durability that will break after taking too much damage. 
  6. Remote Sticky Bomb: A C4 that can be placed on unsuspecting innocents. Is very configurable so will likely not be as large of an explosion as a normal C4 for balance purposes.
  7. Detective Lure: An addition to the seldom-used traitor item the Decoy. Adds the ability to left-click to activate a call to a players corpse. It looks just like a regular call to a players corpse to the detective. A random confirmed dead player will be chosen for the chat message. Can be used to set up a trap or ambush.
Other:
  1. Teammate Outlines: A very simple addon that outlines your traitor buddies to help differentiate them from other players to help avoid accidental teamkills.

Also remember that @Christian has been working very hard on a new weapon update that is now live on the test server. He would very much like your feedback on that as it is set to go live soon. 
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Add CS:S MAPS
+1 to everything but the detective lure. Unlike the decoy (which is already seldom used), the detective lure will get no real use. Speaking as a master traitor, traitors 99% of the time could care less if a detective gets called to a body
(04-26-2020, 03:15 PM)Ethan Wrote: +1 to everything but the detective lure. Unlike the decoy (which is already seldom used), the detective lure will get no real use. Speaking as a master traitor, traitors 99% of the time could care less if a detective gets called to a body

It doesn't really replace the decoy, only adds an additional function. The original decoy is still functional with right click
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Ok, so I'm going to input my thoughts about this.

1. Med kits sound fun but is it instant? I guess this could be utilized for both Detective and T but honestly Chicken + Health Station will top this.
  2. I think the bull dozer armor requires a buff. You can buy two chickens to 149 if I'm not incorrect + Giving away your position as a T isn't fun seems as if it's a last second resort + Shotgun only? With the recent shotgun nerf I'm a bit iffy. 50 is not a lot + your position is gone. (Would have to be stealthy as fuck)
  3. Freeze Gun sounds fun should be possibly 3 to make it profitable. 
  4. Thermal Vision seems a bit better.
  5. Ok, this is similar to Shield Gun. 10/10 would prefer shield gun.
  6. Please do not make this similar to a C4 radius maybe a body bomb radius? Ok, I guess we can give this a shot.
  7. Uh? What. Ok. new meta put a bear trap in the body easy.
Additional Comments/Concerns:
ok rip Hogwarts. Was so fun for the bhoppers.
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
Ok so the maps in my opinion are great and I would love to see the implemented!

Medkit: Iffy on this one, if bulldozer comes into play and on top of having brawny brew and oh yea don't forget Body Armor. Yea, that's a pretty powerful T. I think this should be D only unless bulldozer is tweaked.

Bulldozer Armor: Again iffy but if tweaked might be ok.

Freeze Gun: I like this one! No complaints if ammo is changed to 2 :)

Detective Cam: I like it I do but I also seeing it being abused by player who call-out because of another persons "player-model" could cause issues.

Riot Shield: No complaints 

Remote Sticky Bomb: This is a fun one, I wouldn't mind it

Detective Lure: Also like this one, again, no complaints

Teammate Outline: This is awesome, yes please!
I liked the playercam whenever he had it originally, although it didn't work properly. Wouldn't mind seeing a fully functioning one
Add ttt_casting_couch
I think all of these are good ideas and really like the outline that would be great I like that the most for sure
Oh wow!

New shit for the traitor? I'd love to try them out.
[Image: latest?cb=20171003155620]
[Image: giphy.gif]
COON AND FRIENDS TEAM UP WITH FREEDOM PALS!

"Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you're positive, good things happen."
- Deep Roy