Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giving this a try
So I've debated over what to write here, or even if I should write anything. Obviously we first met when you were active on PH and that didn't go so well, you left and tried to start over in murder. I was shocked when I saw that you had been given trusted on there especially since you had just had a temp ban on PH, which I won't go into. A lot of us on other servers worked hard and had to prove ourselves to get our ranks. I myself had been in the community for 8 months before applying for any position, and I waited until I felt I was ready to to the job well.

Not only did you get trusted but you then very quickly got Tmod given to you, again I was shocked as you had a rocky start as trusted with you being questioned over your actions several times. 

I myself do not feel comfortable going on to the murder server on my main account as I feel that there is a lot of hostility between you and PH but also that you would treat me differently than other players. So when I do go on murder I use another account. I have found that you need to majorly change your attitude, even when I have a server full of trolls I do not speak to them the way I have heard you speak to players, even ones who are quite young and just trying to learn the game. 

You like to have your buddies and show them favour. You'll find that other upper staff on the other servers would be just as hard on the people that are their friends, heck I've had plenty of warnings etc in my time from mine who are staff. 

It's not that you don't have potential to be staff and even upper staff it's that you let yourself down by your behaviour, temper and unwillingness to take advice/criticism onboard, you even -1 posts rather than typing up responses and that comes across as immature. Keep calm on the server and if it is getting to much then step back, take a breather and go back to it when you've cooled off. You need time to learn how to staff effectively before you move to the next rank, you've not been a tmod for very long and you weren't trusted for very long either.

Pix 
[Image: unknown.jpg]
In addition to what has been said, I don't believe that you give the rules proper consideration. A couple of weeks ago, I pointed out to you someone who was blatantly breaking the rules. You told me to leave you alone. I pointed out that what they were doing was against the rules, and you told me to "let you do your job". After that, you actively encouraged them to continue to break the rules. In addition, you became completely hostile towards me, to the point of threatening to file an abuse thread on me for gagging a troll who was dead, and therefore unable to be heard by you.
"it's a good idea on paper but in the end it'll just be a clusterfuck of people spamming bombs and committing multiple war crimes." -Arbok
I spent quite some time trying to think of a way to respond as best I could without bringing in unnecessary material or drama. I have three years in this community now. A year as an intermediate staff member, learning about the community and server rules and how to best approach staffing a server. A year as an admin, helping teach new staff members and writing policy on how to consistently and fairly interact with and bridge the server and its community. A year as a background worker and advisor, with a focus on learning the community for all of its servers and members and advising how to effectively approach situations that exist on a community level, rather than a server level. As of recently I have spent my time observing the murder server as well since it is attempting another revival, and as such I believe that I can give a fair account without needing to involve any personal influence.

Not for their wealth, rank, or honor but for their personal worth and character.

The above snippet is part of how I evaluate individuals both in my personal life and how I view members and staff in the community. I'm not going to preach virtues or anything, as several of you reading can believe I would if given the opportunity, but I believe character plays an important role in staffing the community. A mix of certain values are important in staffing. 

I believe you lack the patience needed to staff a server in any high capacity. Many times you will revert to yelling at a member or troll, which is an improper way to handle any situation. Even as Nuru has stated, you do not take criticism well and many times immediately become defensive when simple questions or comments are made. Whether trolls or members trying to help you improve, you lack the patience to sit down and actually consider if these statements contain any truth. Rather, you immediately reject them and cannot maintain an objective, impersonal attitude. Many times this results in a staff disrespect bind or simply "well dinkleberg…" immediately. This has persisted from Ph to murder. Its even evident with the recent attempt to make a server, which is a whole topic in of itself with several people jumping ship to staff there then coming back after a week to apply for other ranks. But the point stands that building a server takes time to build and y'all gave up after a week. The server here is in a founding stage itself so that doesn't bode well. 

A lot of your actions and words leave me wondering exactly what it means to you to be liked/accepted in this community. Several times there have reputation issues on the forums, deleting certain comments and threads, going back and changing messages... Everything looks like its an appearance management rather than trying to understand why a lot of the messages were downvoted or disliked. Your interactions with many people in the community has been largely confrontational in some way, to the point where the murder community is its own some sub community that largely doesn't interact with the TTT/PH driven community. This along with a slew of things in the past has led to a trust divide between you and the community's staff team. Making another server too causes trust issues historically in this community.

A lot of the community, including staff as mentioned above, do not feel comfortable around you. Many claim to be targeted by your group of friends when they get on the server after having some argument with you. I think there's two anonymous comments on the app for similar reasons. Around that group of friends there's a lot of inconsistency when it comes to rules. The community already has enough issues revolving around cliques to be having this in a starting server. 

Overall there are too many questions and concerns floating around for me to ok with this. A lot of these are character based or trust issues that take a while to rectify. I wouldn't have accepted this back when I was an admin and I haven't seen enough progress to actually resolve some of these issues even with people trying to give you advice. I shortened this and its still going to come out harsh but its a collection of legitimate worries that I've either seen myself or heard voiced. Also, I expect this to be handled by dink.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I remember when I was community banned for less than this

double standards ftw amirite???
Denied.

Please work on the way you present yourself, as many have touched on here.

Additionally, I don't want to hear anything further about "clique" behavior or mob mentality - as this is something we take very seriously here and it will not be tolerated.