Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When defibbing a T...
if they are unidentified then they should be defib'd as if they were an innocent player. If they are not identified the server should not know that they are T's. Currently, when an UNID'd T is defib'd they show up in red on the scoreboard. If they have no credits, they cannot get a disguiser or impersonator. Making this change would allow for more strategy in firefights and an increase in defib'd T's in certain situations such as when:

innocents heavily outnumber the T's and a firefight occurs where INNO #1 and INNO #2 kill TRAIT #1 but TRAIT #2 kills INNO #1 and INNO #2. TRAIT #2 should be able to defib TRAIT #1's unid body and carry on with the round strategically. If the body was unidentified they would come back as a traitor but the entire server would not know it.

EDIT: So it works like this but I did not know that one would be identified as a traitor if their death is confirmed off another players body. I think this should be changed as well. In this situation, the player should remain a confirmed kill on the body of the player who killed them but if the traitor body is not identified they should not show up red on the scoreboard. Their body was not identified and whatever work led to the traitor body not being identified is rewarded. Players usually ID people that they kill but if a traitor buddy kills innocents and your body remains protected and unidentified, both you and your traitor buddy will be rewarded with an additional life/additional traitor to help get the job done of killing innos. A lot of people do not ID or investigate bodies. The traitor can get caught by the detective or by innocent players who investigate other players bodies. After you investigate a body you can use the scoreboard to see the details of death in that body, in addition to the confirmed kill list. This can be a strategy as well. Innocents can figure out which players have been defib'd based off of this information. It gives an incentive for players to work and check bodies, deducing who should be dead but is not. Since this will likely cause more people to investigate bodies, the usefulness of body bombs will increase since few players check already identified bodies. The usefulness of the defib will increase as it is not utilized enough imo due to the drawback of every player on the server targeting that player since they are shown as a traitor to all. Traitors will have an incentive to keep a traitor body unidentified if possible and that will be balanced by the increased risk of being seen standing over an unidentified body defibing them. You live life on the edge and risk your life to bring back an unmarked teammate to help you win the round.
This is a great idea
Right now when I play I plan with others to kill me, I'd me and be proven and then defib me
What you showed us would open so many different opportunities to strategic players
I hope this gets into the game
(05-10-2020, 03:38 AM).ceebeast Wrote: if they are unidentified then they should be defib'd as if they were an innocent player.

Pretty sure it already works like this. IIRC, the only other time it should turn Red (Besides obviously being Identified.) is if the Traitor had their Death Confirmed off of another Players body. Don't quote me on this tho, because I could be wrong.

My ULX Respawn command wasn't working, so I'll have to test the "Confirm Dead" thing later. But yeah, they shouldn't be showing up Red if just revived UNID'd.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Yeah it already works like this.
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
I didn't know that, let me edit my post lol