Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Position Proposal
It not really dumb for donors to pay to get their ranks, if they truly wanted to help staff then they should apply, the requirement for each server of dinks shows the requirements but also the devotion players have for the game mode they love to play on.

By having a "new" role that test all regulars to see if they have the capabilities to become staff would have many more problem popping up as well as abuse thread after abuse thread of the new role being over ruled and new players seeing that rank as privilege people who are associated to all staff members of the community.

Donors are just ranks with perks, sure they have the mute, gag and kick commands but those are just the basics since other commands that staff have are mostly for serious business and not a tool to fool around.

Before I became staff, I was just a regular rank that applied since I thought I could contribute to the community more than just be a regular player and help staff at time by messaging them about players that like to bend and break server rules and for recording of those actions.

The time itself is not contribute by the time you play in a single day but a record of all the days you played on the server since you joined and continuously come back to. Sure people have real life stuff to do that more important, however in their free time they come to dinks to have fun and enjoy the game mode.
[Image: sukuna-evil-laugh.gif]
[Image: YWj4Wn.gif]
I mean I only really see the role having a purpose if one can achieve it ONLY by applying for it. We have a lot of regulars on the server, and not all of them would diligently use those powers. Maybe a streamlined application process could be created for these purposes to see who’s trustworthy enough to be given the power to mute or gag.
[Image: source.gif]
I mean it could be proposed by the staff and voted by the staff.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
+1 for a "helper" rank, one that's basically an earned donor. The requirements to become even trusted is ridiculous, I play gmod to relax here and there. Have people with x amount of hours apply for it, but don't make it as hard as trusted. To get trusted it seems like you gotta treat gmod as a full time job which is ludicrous.
(05-17-2020, 04:13 PM)Deaf Taylor Swift Wrote: I mean I only really see the role having a purpose if one can achieve it ONLY by applying for it. We have a lot of regulars on the server, and not all of them would diligently use those powers. Maybe a streamlined application process could be created for these purposes to see who’s trustworthy enough to be given the power to mute or gag.
That is fine. By all means make it that way.

(05-17-2020, 03:52 PM)The Triangle Wrote: I'm curious as how YOU would decide who gets the role and who doesn't.
The same way that all positions are decided. Through an application.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(05-17-2020, 04:33 PM)bryanbrr Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 03:52 PM)The Triangle Wrote: I'm curious as how YOU would decide who gets the role and who doesn't.
The same way that all positions are decided. Through an application.
 So If i understand correctly, The helper position is for someone who wants to staff on occasion (when they feel like it) but not all the time like staff member do?
ok so basically what you're asking for is a rank that is just donor but you apply for it

at that point, somebody will already have the hours and experience they need to apply for trusted so this rank is basically worthless

also this rank makes donor worthless bc why buy it if you can just apply for it
(05-17-2020, 04:54 PM)POG MONKEY Wrote: ok so basically what you're asking for is a rank that is just donor but you apply for it

at that point, somebody will already have the hours and experience they need to apply for trusted so this rank is basically worthless

also this rank makes donor worthless bc why buy it if you can just apply for it
Not really. People who donate aren't donating for the rank so it doesn't change anything.

To me, trusted is a rank that has quite a bit of expectations especially with an activity requirement to even be considered. There is a reason why on the application there is a availability section. Its expected that you will be on consistently when being considered for the role.
Change the donor name to Helper.

Allow people to apply for Helper (donor) or they can purchase it.

That's my suggestion to get this to work in any degree.
(05-17-2020, 05:02 PM)The Triangle Wrote: Change the donor name to Helper.

Allow people to apply for Helper (donor) or they can purchase it.

That's my suggestion to get this to work in any degree.
That sounds good to me!