Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryuji's Second Mod Application
Ingame Name: Ryuji Sakamoto, Hajime Iwachan

Steam ID:  STEAM_0:1:446654412

Time Played: 1,073 Hours

When First Joined:  December 14, 2018

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I play if I can 10 p.m. to 2am. from Monday to Friday since I'm on second shift at my job, but on the weekends I'm free from 9:00 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Rank Desired: Moderator 

Current Rank: Test Moderator 

What can you do to help the community?: Why should we promote you? What can you bring to the server? 

From my last application to now, I had rethink my time on Dinks from joining the server an applying as Trusted and to Test Mod, and figured since I have to work on myself even more to improve, I'm not alone with decisions to take place in the community here and that if I need help on server, then there other people here who can help me. I want to show that as staff, we are not privilege group of people. Rather we are representing the server as figure heads who were work together as a community rather than a section control lords and to show that we welcome players in a fair game mode that everyone plays fair either if its TTT, PH, DR, or even Murder servers. If a player has problem we are there even if we cannot respond intermediately since we all have real life person things to take care first. But overall, we are here communicating with players and solving their issues or questions on the forums or on discord. I have been shutting down the Troll's action which prevent other players to join the bandwagon of trolls under procedures and kept players playing fair by preventing them to use illegal spots as a get away or to hide in them as well as player who like to hide as a pixel in the walls of some maps.

Why do you want to help the community?: What motivates you to help us? 

What motivates me is that as the community we are like family, showing what we did and showing issues that can overburden us, however we overcome them and with new staff incoming as well as our current staff applying to be promoted and celebrate with former staff which we understand why they had to leave staffing but not the community as well as some old staff reappearing and coming back.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts):
Beside the joke ones.... I never been

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): 
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...pplication (accepted)
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...pplication  (accepted)

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=10679 (denied)

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots?
I have recording software, OBs, and screenshot in case anything from ghosting/hacking or trolling occurs on the server.

How did you find us?: Why or how did you end up picking our server out of the many others? 

The rules are understandable and easy to follow and I feel welcomed among the community rather than the feeling of "Fresh meat" in a stereotype high school setting.

Other:
 I understand the reasoning of my rejected application back in March and I have been working on it as well as balancing the times I have to be able to be on and my work. I have continuously clear my head of doubts and had talk with some staff as well as helping our newer staff with situation that I had dealt with in the past. As well as enjoying the times we joke with each other and times when we are serious.
[Image: sukuna-evil-laugh.gif]
[Image: YWj4Wn.gif]
So you know the big reason why your moderator application was denied last time with that "ultimatum" you made up. What have you learned since that time period and how can you ensure the community that you will not do such things again?
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I understand about that and I also learn not to do that again

and to just do the procedure given to us even if the player has already been punished

Next time, I ever do that situation I will ask and follow the standard procedure rather than deciding for myself.

I accept the criticism of my decision at that time from other staff

as well as criticisms I still have now from posting this application.
(05-10-2020, 05:50 PM)-snip- Wrote: What can you do to help the community?: Why should we promote you? What can you bring to the server? 

From my last application to now, I had rethink my time on Dinks from joining the server an applying as Trusted and to Test Mod, and figured since I have to work on myself even more to improve, I'm not alone with decisions to take place in the community here and that if I need help on server, then there other people here who can help me.
What can you do to help the community?
I want to show that as staff, we are not privilege group of people. Rather we are representing the server as figure heads who were work together as a community rather than a section control lords and to show that we welcome players in a fair game mode that everyone plays fair either if its TTT, PH, DR, or even Murder servers.

If a player has problem we are there even if we cannot respond intermediately since we all have real life person things to take care first. But overall, we are here communicating with players and solving their issues or questions on the forums or on discord. I have been shutting down the Troll's action which prevent other players to join the bandwagon of trolls under procedures and kept players playing fair by preventing them to use illegal spots as a get away or to hide in them as well as player who like to hide as a pixel in the walls of some maps.

What motivates you to help us? 
What motivates me is that as the community we are like family, showing what we did and showing issues that can overburden us, however we overcome them
and with new staff incoming as well as our current staff applying to be promoted and celebrate with former staff which we understand why they had to leave staffing but not the community as well as some old staff reappearing and coming back.

Before I give my Vote and additional input, I'd like you to answer these questions:
> Why should we promote you to Moderator?

> What can you bring to the server or in other words, what makes you stand out from others?

> Why do you want to help the community? Specifically Prop Hunt (besides the reason you gave for what motivates you)
(05-10-2020, 09:46 PM)The Triangle Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 05:50 PM)-snip- Wrote: What can you do to help the community?: Why should we promote you? What can you bring to the server? 

From my last application to now, I had rethink my time on Dinks from joining the server an applying as Trusted and to Test Mod, and figured since I have to work on myself even more to improve, I'm not alone with decisions to take place in the community here and that if I need help on server, then there other people here who can help me.
What can you do to help the community?
I want to show that as staff, we are not privilege group of people. Rather we are representing the server as figure heads who were work together as a community rather than a section control lords and to show that we welcome players in a fair game mode that everyone plays fair either if its TTT, PH, DR, or even Murder servers.

If a player has problem we are there even if we cannot respond intermediately since we all have real life person things to take care first. But overall, we are here communicating with players and solving their issues or questions on the forums or on discord. I have been shutting down the Troll's action which prevent other players to join the bandwagon of trolls under procedures and kept players playing fair by preventing them to use illegal spots as a get away or to hide in them as well as player who like to hide as a pixel in the walls of some maps.

What motivates you to help us? 
What motivates me is that as the community we are like family, showing what we did and showing issues that can overburden us, however we overcome them
and with new staff incoming as well as our current staff applying to be promoted and celebrate with former staff which we understand why they had to leave staffing but not the community as well as some old staff reappearing and coming back.

Before I give my Vote and additional input, I'd like you to answer these questions:
> Why should we promote you to Moderator?

I'll understand the point and yes I understand my mistakes and I'm still learning, and I know that the Moderator rank has many responsibilities as well as to appear as one of the many faces of Dinks. I often re-read rules often and refreshing my mind the illegal spots on maps and remind other players that they have to move if they are hiding in those spots. I will not make rash decisions that will give me consequences and will ask for advice from other staff before deciding.
> What can you bring to the server or in other words, what makes you stand out from others?

What made me stand out from others is, I make sure the game play is fair as well as if a player team switches, I always check if their scoreboard is 0:0 as well as if they have ANY friends. I give both chat and audio warning if a player abuses the mic or in an illegal spot and teleport them to a safe area where they can hide legally if they choose to ignore my warnings. I help players if they ask question pertaining to the shop, how to bet, or in some cases ask how to get donor. It is kind of hard to stand out if I am "hidden" or not noticeable as a staff member in the community, yet I tried to be more involved in the community and to know any issues that pertain to Prop hunt such as the constant Pointshop Bug and telling players that the shop glitch the gamemode and I had to reload the map.
> Why do you want to help the community? Specifically Prop Hunt (besides the reason you gave for what motivates you)

I want to help the community to be an equal communication among not just the staff, but to other players and making the gamemode enjoyable and an exit to some players to have fun rather than a server where players rant about personal or situation where it rather unnecessary to talk. I want to face the burden as a team rather than seeing other face it themselves. I seen old staff burn out and left staffing to other coming back from the dead and others from coming back to then disappear from the community. For Rumors, I want to know not just one side of a story, but to know all side and see if the rumor is fully the truth or just a lie that affect many players in the community. I do not want to be just the side character of staffing that just avoid conflict, I rather be part of the main cast involved with the community and be one of the many representation of what we are, as the family community of Dinks.

If I am not still ready to be a Moderator, then so be it,
However I will not give up and disappear.
I will try harder and succeed rather than handing in the towel.
I will help to the best abilities that I can do
I will not back down from a challenge
I will overthink situation to the point I need advice from others, and that okay
For any new stuff for Prop Hunt via Maps, characters or addons to test,
I want to volunteer as tribute in order to see if this can be part of
Dink's PH community niche or not.
I want to be more involved in the community because even if we all came from different backgrounds, different situations that brought us here,
As a member of Dinks
I want to show other players that we play fair and as a family we backup each other.
+0

I agree with what Illuminati and Fish said. You're a good staff overall but there have been a few problems you had while working as staff and I completely understand that.

I think you should work a little more on learning about the mistakes you made to others.
[Image: latest?cb=20171003155620]
[Image: giphy.gif]
COON AND FRIENDS TEAM UP WITH FREEDOM PALS!

"Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you're positive, good things happen."
- Deep Roy
Well this one is a bit tough for me, I have not seen you in game very much, at all. I only came back recently but in that time I've seen you maybe once or twice (game tracker isn't loading for me) so I can't really tell but I know you had been a good person when it comes to handling trolls and the like and you seem to be active enough on the discord and on the forums. I think if you get on during the day more or at night for longer (sorry if this is difficult, I'm not brushed up on personal situations) then I would have a vastly change my answer. Regarding that last one you have shown considerable improvement since then so I will refrain from using that to decide anything. But all in all I'm going to say -1. Please respond because if you have been on more my rating will change.

Having reviewed your answers and looking over your application again, I do not feel you are ready for Moderator. 

I haven't had many opportunities over the past few weeks to staff along side you so I am forced to go off the answers in which you provided for my own input.

"What made me stand out from others is, I make sure the game play is fair as well as if a player team switches, I always check if their scoreboard is 0:0 as well as if they have ANY friends. I give both chat and audio warning if a player abuses the mic or in an illegal spot and teleport them to a safe area where they can hide legally if they choose to ignore my warnings. I help players if they ask question pertaining to the shop, how to bet, or in some cases ask how to get donor. It is kind of hard to stand out if I am "hidden" or not noticeable as a staff member in the community, yet I tried to be more involved in the community and to know any issues that pertain to Prop hunt such as the constant Pointshop Bug and telling players that the shop glitch the gamemode and I had to reload the map." To summarize, you are active in your responsibilities as a staff member. All these things you are doing can be accomplished on any level of being staff and isn't something I'd characterize as standing out. Though if you didn't do this you probably would stand out in a bad (just a side note). 

I want to help the community to be an equal communication among not just the staff, but to other players and making the gamemode enjoyable and an exit to some players to have fun rather than a server where players rant about personal or situation where it rather unnecessary to talk. You want to uphold the rules or to help people feel comfortable but not too comfortable. 

I want to face the burden as a team rather than seeing other face it themselves. Start by communicating with the staff themselves when you need help or if situation arise that you've seen. Most of your responses to staff are in Gif form or a joke that isn't understood (at least from my own perspective). It's ok to joke and such but there's a time and place.

I seen old staff burn out and left staffing to other coming back from the dead and others from coming back to then disappear from the community.  This information does not help answer the question and is irrelevant. 

For Rumors, I want to know not just one side of a story, but to know all side and see if the rumor is fully the truth or just a lie that affect many players in the community. I do not want to be just the side character of staffing that just avoid conflict, I rather be part of the main cast involved with the community and be one of the many representation of what we are, as the family community of Dinks. This response right here raises concerns. WE DO NOT PRY INTO PEOPLES LIVES NOR SHOULD WE GET INVOLVED IN RUMORS. In the past this became a HUGE issue and lead to more drama in the community than EVER needed to be here. We as Staff rely on evidence, not rumors. We as staff only concern ourselves with things WITHIN the community and not things from personal discords or peoples personal lives. We deal with things HERE in the community or in this case, primarily Prop Hunt.

Please look at our current Mods Application. These 4 have set a good example of answering questions clear and in their own words. (Also I noticed that having your name start with an A is apparently the way to become Mod lawl)
ABDEL
ALORA
ANDRE
AVI

On to the [/url][url=https://www.gametracker.com/player/Ryuji%20Sakamoto/64.94.238.134:27015/]Game Tracker issue, I do not think that it has been broken over the past week as it has been gathering my own information of being on the server.  I think that as you are more active on server this will benefit you greatly as well with having a clear and better understanding of how to communicate with not only players but staff better. You're doing ok for the time being but again I feel that you aren't ready for the Moderator Position at this time.   

If you feel I am being too strict or unfair, know that this is the Moderator position we are talking about and I am like this with anyone applying for it. You will see my questions and responses in the other Mode applications provided as well. If you have more questions, please feel free to DM me and I will answer them to the best of my ability. 

Best of Luck Ryuji, I'll see you out there mate.

I hope to have an opportunity to work with you more so that I can adequately give feedback on a more positive note. 
bumping

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Your staff application for moderator is denied for now. You do not appear to have community support for the rank at this time.

The earliest you may reapply is June 16, 2020.

Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army