Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troller on murder
(05-05-2020, 06:04 PM)The Punisher Wrote: I know trolls exist,  my point was that I felt like something was missing. In my 10+ years of online gaming and staffing communities I have never seen someone just join a serve and then change their name to "this server sucks cock" or any variation. Maybe this is one of those once in a blue moon moments. who knows since we don't have the whole story. 

not trying to start beef was an observation.

I'm not sure WHERE you've been where you never saw that, but back when I staffed on the Prophunt server, stupid stuff like that would happen just about every week. Some moron would change their name to something dumb and try to get banned as fast as possible. Not out of the ordinary in my book
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
I have to agree with the others 

Its trolls like this that either want the attention of others and wanting it to make it not worth while.

1+ Name changing way to much to inappropriate ones
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
I should speak more plainly. More than just screen shots should be required to ban people for trolling, since trolling is a permanent ban. 

>No Trolling.
Trolling is the act of breaking multiple rules purposefully/ blatantly doing the opposite of what is told of them.
(Handled through reasonable staff discretion)
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification+Mute/Gag for map
Punishment 1: Permanent Ban
(05-06-2020, 08:40 AM)The Punisher Wrote: I should speak more plainly. More than just screen shots should be required to ban people for trolling, since trolling is a permanent ban. 

>No Trolling.
Trolling is the act of breaking multiple rules purposefully/ blatantly doing the opposite of what is told of them.
(Handled through reasonable staff discretion)
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification+Mute/Gag for map
Punishment 1: Permanent Ban

As your quote says, trolling has always been so variable that it's handled almost exclusively through staff discretion. The ban length can be as short or as long as it needs to be, to the discretion of the staff members banning them. They've always been called "guide"lines for a reason.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Okay. Enough. Punisher in my experience here at dinks ive seen this happen myself well over a handful of times. Now you guys hop off this i am messaging a mod to handle it now and asking this be locked until then. Stop arguing on a ban request of all things.

@matt_st3 (Strongrule) please lock.
Hi yes this is locked pending decision
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~