Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PH] Playtime Counter Breaking
I'm not exactly sure what's happening, but playtime has been breaking somewhat I've noticed in the past couple days..

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

I've seen a few other people complain about times being broken, so I figured I'd throw this in here and get some kind of ball rolling. Gametracker really isn't a good tool for keeping track of playtime :/
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Yeah ive notice some weird hours as well when im on, i also see players having 0 hours which is a common but still.
[Image: titan.gif]
I know this is happening to most ph players but are we sure its game tracker that keeps on messing our time up? or could it be the server or gmod its self? (if it was game tracker im pretty sure they would of shut game tracker down for a couple days to solve the problem) just saying idk if im right or wrong but it's really nothing new either Russ but thanks for pointing it out :)
[Image: AthleticYoungLamb-max-1mb.gif]
(05-26-2020, 02:13 PM)§4Zack Wrote: I know this is happening to most ph players but are we sure its game tracker that keeps on messing our time up? or could it be the server or gmod its self? (if it was game tracker im pretty sure they would of shut game tracker down for a couple days to solve the problem) just saying idk if im right or wrong but it's really nothing new either Russ but thanks for pointing it out :)

Gametracker and the time plugin that the servers use are completely separate. Gametracker tracks your time played based off of your name, whereas I'm fairly sure the time plugin we use tracks based off of SteamID. I've noticed this problem also happening on TTT, as I have well over 1000 hours on TTT and I still find myself ranking up to member/master/regular sometimes. It's something with the plugin.
It's an issue with the server's time-tracking plugin. Every server uses the same one. It's a known issue and Dink is looking for a way to fix it but it's a big ol' mess.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(05-26-2020, 02:13 PM)§4Zack Wrote: I know this is happening to most ph players but are we sure its game tracker that keeps on messing our time up? or could it be the server or gmod its self? (if it was game tracker im pretty sure they would of shut game tracker down for a couple days to solve the problem) just saying idk if im right or wrong but it's really nothing new either Russ but thanks for pointing it out :)

Gametracker is just a website that pokes the servers every couple minutes and collects player statistics, it has zero control over what's actually on the server. It does the exact same thing as you going to the server list and pressing refresh every 30 seconds, and writing down everyone that's connected and their score.
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
This has been happening since late January lol, you're just barely noticing it Russ, most of the regular players and staff team know about it. The time reset doesn't really do anything, GT tracks time we'll, except for marking all time in a single day considering timezones based of dinks server host. It isn't much of a problem, unless you really care of your silly time in game.
(05-26-2020, 04:26 PM)Abdel Wrote: This has been happening since late January lol, you're just barely noticing it Russ, most of the regular players and staff team know about it. The time reset doesn't really do anything, GT tracks time we'll, except for marking all time in a single day considering timezones based of dinks server host. It isn't much of a problem, unless you really care of your silly time in game.

In my defense, I don't play a WHOLE lot as of recent.. still would be nice to have it fixed though
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
Well unlike most broken things that don't affect much of the current gameplay, dink will fix things in due time, so for now, if it works without affecting the full gameplay, it works. Fixing things is nice though, but im just optimistic like that about these things.
(05-26-2020, 07:18 PM)Abdel Wrote: if it works without affecting the full gameplay, it works.

it really doesn't though.. if someone's playtime gets eaten at the right place, they might have to play another 15 or so hours for their prop menu..
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR