Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could we add a pocket rifle?
But like, why would you use it over anything else.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(05-31-2020, 03:12 AM)Noire Wrote: But like, why would you use it over anything else.

Auto + sniper meta
(05-29-2020, 04:27 PM)Meeemo Wrote: this could be a good time to buff the bullshite by giving it a scope wouldn't be bad to try
I wouldnt mind this at all
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(05-31-2020, 06:24 AM)AzunaRiceBoy Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 04:27 PM)Meeemo Wrote: this could be a good time to buff the bullshite by giving it a scope wouldn't be bad to try
I wouldnt mind this at all
In concept, its all fine, but due to the reduction in mag size to balance, it would look really fucking weird. We also have a enough revolvers already. I specifically want this to use rifle ammo.

(05-31-2020, 03:24 AM)General Iroh Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 03:12 AM)Noire Wrote: But like, why would you use it over anything else.

Auto + sniper meta
Scopes are stupid useful but most scoped weapons are not automatic, and the scoped automatics are not as good at long range as some of their non-scoped bretheren.

(05-31-2020, 01:28 AM).ceebeast Wrote: A pocket rifle would be a deadly combo if it was a sniper. People would run around w/ snipers and automatics. If a pocket rifle was added I think a bullshite with a scope with 1 bullet would be fine. Got to make sure it isn't too OP.
Then just add an asston of reload time, issue solved. Or maybe make it 25-ish damage to body, headshot kill, nearly fuck-all to limbs, and fuck-all accuracy if not scoped (Specifically, have enough accuracy to reliably hit a target in front of you unscoped, but not enough to reliably hit their head)?

Plus, we already have the bullshite and the S&W. I want something that uses rifle ammo (and for which rifle ammo looks appropriate).
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
So it seems that most people are in favor of adding a scoped secondary that is severely limited in magazine, but disagree as to the form it should take (some, like myself, want a dedicated rifle ammo weapon, while some want to put a scope on the bullshite, but I feel that doing so and reducing ammo capacity will make it look fucking weird, as this is TTT, not murder).

Although there has been limited engagement here, could someone who could actually get the ball rolling on this? I may sound a bit impatient here, but I would love to see more variety in the secondaries than "various shades of fire rate" and "pistol or revolver" (Revolvers are also pistols btw).

Specifically, take the pocket rifle I gave you a link to, give it one bullet in the mag with rifle ammo, make it a one-shot headshot but maybe 25 to the body (around what the beretta and HK do) and give it a big limb damage reduction. Then make it just barely accurate enough to hit someone without scoping, and not accurate enough to reliably hit the head without scoping (not to m24 levels, but enough that it is better to aim for body than head while not scoped), but give it scout accuracy while scoped. Make it maybe a bit louder than the scout, and I think we have a pretty solid weapon that is also balanced.
I do understand the want for the pocket rifle and do agree it would probably be a decent “new” thing for the server but it will probably have to wait a little. Everyone has irl stuff on their plate right now and Christian and Dink would have to discuss then Christian would have to make some form of adjustment to it, it will probably take a little bit of time but hopefully not too long.
just want to know if someone is even considering it for real.