Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Fruit? AS STAFF??
(05-30-2020, 07:30 PM)[teal]Kiwi The Jailbait Wrote: I would like to clarify this situation and defend my actions a bit.

With the first one. You're right, I did get argumentative with that person over the "no false hints" rule. However, there's more to it. I was trying to explain to a new player that, in the event they were to say that they were somewhere that they were not, and a prop in that place were to get killed, then it would count as ghosting. Two people on the server (including the person you mentioned,) questioned me on why that was. I explained that it was in the rules, and that even if it didn't make sense to them, that's how it was. I believe I was keeping level-headed in that regard. I did get quite annoyed, however, whenever the person began to read out the rules to me, and say that, to them, that should not count as ghosting. You're right, I should have stayed a bit more calm, but you had also asked that person to change the topic, and they refused. Could I have handled it better? Absolutely. But I only got defensive over the fact that three donors had already told him to drop it, and he didn't. But once again, I appreciate your feedback, and I understand your stance.

Secondly, I did get too comfortable with the people in that lobby at that time. But, the "feet pics" joke was a one-time thing, and it did show my immaturity. You're also correct in pointing out that I had told people to stop being inappropriate earlier in that same night. But, I didn't tell them to stop being inappropriate until it got out of hand. I understand that you are allowed to make jokes, but the same people kept saying bad things repeatedly, and I waited until I thought "okay, enough is enough." I feel as though, personally, I gave them enough time to cool off and walk away from it, and they did not. Jokes are jokes, but in this particular instance of them repeatedly talking about having sex with each other, I told them to calm down.

Overall, I understand your concerns, and I admit, I shouldn't have argued with that person when a rule had already been established. I will take your criticism and apply it to myself. I just wanted to give an explanation from my point of view, even if it's not going to do much.

Hey Kiwi,

I really appreciate you taking the time to come back and clear this up, my vote is still standing, and I appreciate the maturity you've applied in your response. I want to see great things from you, but my original feelings still stand. That being said, I would really like to see you be a donor for much longer than your current time. I really don't feel confident you're there yet. But you are very close!
Go away
Hey Kiwi, lets get down to it.
-1 from me.
I think you need more time and to really think on this. I haven't seen you on until recently and I haven't played a lot with you but from what I've witnessed you need to work on some stuff. You do seem to know a lot of the rules and regs but I think you need to review the procedures and allowances for ph. The other day there were 3 staff on (4 if you count the one that was in unassigned for a minute there too) and you proceeded to staff over us. When told to reel it back you got defensive, and ive seen you go straight to defense whenever anything like this is directed at you. There isn’t a need for it dude, just chill and enjoy the game and keep doing your kiwi thing.
If staff is on then let them staff, especially if there is more than one. If you are having doubts about them noticing an issue then use @ to let them know in chat to let them know or ask if they need help, and most of the time they will let you know if they need it or not. If they dont respond asap or at all then first assume that they are busy working on an issue and not ignoring you. You are doing well with using the PH Staff ping in the discord and I appreciate that.
Now as you say you are not overly strict and that you follow the rules closely and make sure no one is doing anything wrong in that regard, I see this as a bit contradictory. You need to notice that some people dont know what they are doing. Don't hit people with the rule-book when they only have like 30 minutes on server, many are kids and they dont have the rules and everything memorized. Yes, I know many a sus players get on with low amounts of time but remember you can give most players a chance first, alright? You have been at this long enough to notice when someone is sus, you’ve proven this time and time again. Keep it up!
Now finally I want you to know that being staff can sometimes take some of the fun out of the game. If you really love playing, I think you should take some more time to just have fun with it. Being staff requires you to deal with a lot of sass and some unpleasant persons, so you have to be able to deal with that without getting emotional or too overwhelmed.  I know you want to help and that’s great, I see that you recently did 2 ban requests on the forums, in very quick succession. I think you should give it a bit more time before you become staff. I know you’ll take whatever is said here and improve with it for the future so I hope to see you on the prop field. Have fun and enjoy yourself.
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

Sorry Kiwi, but its a -1 from me currently.

With my experience from playing with you these past couple of days, I don't believe you are ready to hold a position higher than donor. Yes you do know most of the rules within the server, but you are quick to get an attitude when something does not go your way. An example of this would be when you got snippy in the admin chat when none of us responded to your alert about ghosters immediately since we were in the middle of recording them already.
[Image: snippy.JPG]

Another thing I have noticed is that you tend to jump the gun over minor infringements within the server, such as last night when one person made a subtle noise in their mic. You immediately pressed your no-mic spam keybind which resulted in the actual trolls to start coughing and making noises. I understand that you are trying to help, but occasionally this only gives the trolls the attention that they want. There are rules and procedures to everything within the server, but you get an attitude when us trusted do not enforce the rules the way you want them to be enforced. Yes some of us may be a tad more lenient than what you would want, but we try to keep the server a fun place without ruling over it with an iron fist.

One final subject that I would like to touch up on is you trying to outshine staff, such as the situation Possum brought up. It has happened multiple times when it has become a competition with not just you, but other donors as well, to see who can enforce the rules on the server. When we informed you that there were multiple staff online, you got defensive and left the server. I do believe you do have the potential to be staff, but you have to learn that there are times when its okay to be lenient and let people enjoy themselves.
Hey Kiwi, Thanks for Applying!

As someone who as spent a great deal with you on server I can say that you are eager to help out, I don't mind the typical bind or telling others to tone it down or chill out. I do wanna say that this motivation and drive to help the server should be cherished and not thrown away because your short coming were brought up on this app. Donors may not have the friends command but we are always checking up on people, me especially keeping tabs on whos friends with who before they even start ghosting. You've jumped at people for ghosting and swapping when staff is on, but you're just a player. I can understand that you might be used to it from previous servers or times when staff isn't on. When staff is on, you can relax and just enjoy your time on server, don't like what people are saying? Just mute them, there's honestly no need for player involvement with trolls. If you feel like trusted aren't handling a situation appropriately, it is suggested that you record, stay quiet and gather appropriate evidence. In the topic of recorded evidence with hacker/ghosters/trolls, there's room to private message others you might know to chill and maybe help recording the happenings of this. 

There's no need to bring up much of what others have said here, but do consider most of it as advice for next time you're thinking of applying.

See you in server Kiwi

My vote is a (-1) for this app.
Your staff application for trusted has been denied for now and the earliest you may reapply is July 6, 2020.

You have received plenty of feedback and constructive criticism on how to move forward if you are interested in becoming staff later. It is up to you to apply what you have been critiqued on. Best of luck.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army