same reason
clue1
clue2
wall debris on ph_awesomebuilding:
able to compleatly go into the wall and pixel hunt is shit
AB1
AB2

if im supposed to add more im sorry
None of these props need to be illegal in my opinion and we have rules in place for this type of situation as getting out of the map is already illegal and the rule of having to be shot by normal weapons.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

(06-04-2020, 07:32 AM)Lt. Star Wrote: None of these props need to be illegal in my opinion and we have rules in place for this type of situation as getting out of the map is already illegal and the rule of having to be shot by normal weapons.
so then why exactly are the muffler and teh phone banned?
Those are banned because they don't always "due" upon getting shot. They tend to be immune.
The hit boxes on the muffler and the phone are not where the actual visible props is. I'm fairly sure the ladder and the magnifying glass are fine, Idk what the piece of debris is.
Proud member of the RDMS
Former PH Map Editor

(06-04-2020, 07:39 AM)Lt. Star Wrote: The hit boxes on the muffler and the phone are not where the actual visible props is. I'm fairly sure the ladder and the magnifying glass are fine, Idk what the piece of debris is.
its littarly a glitchy pice of wall: fuck spelling
I checked once before; the muffer doesn't actually have collision with the player. Hunters walk through it. As for the phone, it's a bit more iffy, but the hitbox is offset a fair bit from the camera origin and is very hard to shoot.

While all of these props are offset from their origin in some way, they're all easy to shoot unless they go out of bounds. Following the "can be seen and shot" rule is as easy is keeping your rotated prop inbounds.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
I thought I would pop in to add my opinions.  If we start banning more and more props because of players hiding in semi illegal ways, we would have to start having the discussion of having the prop menu go back to how it used to be, only Master rank and higher players only able to use them.  If this continues to be an issue, and I hate to even bring this up, we may have to present the option to remove the prop menu all together.  I know other players would hate for this to happen because the prop menu makes it easier to choose the prop you want.  I know that this has been a problem for as long as I have been part of this community.  I think the other prop that has players doing semi illegal spots is the blue chairs.  You can glitch it into the wall so that hunters can't see any of it.  For this, the decision was made that some of the blue part has to be visible.  As to the ladder, I would refer to the rule that, I may be wrong on the percentage, 30% has to be visible.  I know that if players are hiding in the wall, you can be pushed into the wall further.  If this happens, players should, emphasis on should, unstuck themselves or let a staff member know so they can be teleported out of the wall.

In regards to why the phone prop is illegal, as others have said, the hit box is too small so it's pretty hard to hit.  The same can be said for the knife prop on clue, the hula girl on multiple maps, among others.

Hope this helps.  See you on the server.
New players are not the problem, its the ones that have been around for a while.

I totally get where you are coming from Milly with these suggestions but we honestly could add dozens of props to the illegal list if we looked at it this way. The best we can do is put out the rules that props must be seeable and killable with normal weapons no matter what prop. 

The phone's hit box is totally messed up so its been on the list a long time. The muffler both has a stupid hitbox and can be glitched into ridiculous places. 

There are sooo many gray areas with illegal spots/props. We do what we can with what we have and have to keep to a general rule so that it works for the most point. Other than that its up to staff to decide at the time.
[Image: unknown.jpg]
Also I want to point out that there is NO percentage rule as that percentage would be highly subjective to each staff member. Also I can assure that we will NEVER get rid of the prop menu as that would lose us many people. I think we are just fine the way we are with the rules we have in place.
Proud member of the RDMS
Former PH Map Editor