Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused on why i was banned
(06-13-2020, 08:19 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 11:27 AM)Foxka oops Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 09:51 AM)Avi Wrote: I can post screenshots later of your strike warning you to stop shitposting, as well as Jack's message telling you to stop when Im done with work. As for the others Foxka they all received strikes too (as most of them havent received any sort of strike/warning yet).
Fair enough, thanks for taking time and explaining this. It's a shame we cant see strikes so many of us feel like no one is getting corrective action.
I’ve already chewed a few ears over it, but mods should be “verbally” warning in the chat as well, not just through the system. That’d be like just using only awarn on server. Logs shouldn’t be a public channel, there’s no need, but a warning *in the chat* is still needed.
I did ask for the spam to stop publicly as well. Will add that to screenshots Im uploading rn.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(06-13-2020, 06:27 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 04:35 PM)August Wrote: Honestly, I hate posting in general chat. There's been no real conversation. Just shitposting and pure cancer with no substance. Just take those conversations to the dedicated shitposting channel. Honestly, most of us are tired of it.

-1 on the unban. This was coming for some time. Hopefully this serves as an example.

I don't want this thread to become about the state of the Discord server, it'll become a mile long.. but I completely agree. You'll see no complaints from me if I see a few names disappear from the general chat when I check there..

Sorry to stray off topic a bit, but do people really get this upset over some harmless joke messages? I get it can become excessive and at that point needs to be toned down, but there's nothing wrong with having a little fun. I've seen the general chat used for actual discussion maybe three times in my two years in the Discord. If you want a real conversation, start one. There's no use complaining about something and then doing nothing when you absolutely have the power to change it. You don't need the staff to roll out a red carpet in the general chat for some non-existent discussions.
(06-13-2020, 09:08 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Sorry to stray off topic a bit, but do people really get this upset over some harmless joke messages? I get it can become excessive and at that point needs to be toned down, but there's nothing wrong with having a little fun. I've seen the general chat used for actual discussion maybe three times in my two years in the Discord. If you want a real conversation, start one. There's no use complaining about something and then doing nothing when you absolutely have the power to change it. You don't need the staff to roll out a red carpet in the general chat for some non-existent discussions.

I don't think they're against harmless fun in general, I think they mean more of the fact that people have been spamming the "gamer ernie" emote and memes for days in general now, and after multiple warnings everyone is annoyed with it. It's just hard to talk about something when there's no notifications for general for most people in their right minds, and every message sent is flooded away in a sea of egg emotes in a matter of 5-10 minutes.

TLDR; jokes are fine, just make it something that's relatively short and doesn't flood out actual general conversation.
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]
Show Content
Mine was a general note, I haven’t paid attention to much over the last three days.
But if someone is getting warned and doesn’t stop then they’re playing a dumb game. Zero sympathy for someone who continues, and this has been an ongoing battle.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(06-13-2020, 09:08 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Sorry to stray off topic a bit, but do people really get this upset over some harmless joke messages? I get it can become excessive and at that point needs to be toned down, but there's nothing wrong with having a little fun. I've seen the general chat used for actual discussion maybe three times in my two years in the Discord. If you want a real conversation, start one. There's no use complaining about something and then doing nothing when you absolutely have the power to change it. You don't need the staff to roll out a red carpet in the general chat for some non-existent discussions.

It's not as simple as sparking up a conversation. Just like some threads on this forum, you get a topic rolling, and then a load of people devolve it into incomprehensible garbage. I really tried to use this Discord, and still do sometimes, but every time I go to read #ttt or #general, it's completely nonsensical. Why would I ever try to start a conversation in there knowing full well that people are going to make a stupid joke about whatever I said and just continue with their garbage?
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
After fighting my phone, I've uploaded the screenshots to an imgur album:
https://imgur.com/a/nwneqaG
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(06-13-2020, 09:25 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Why would I ever try to start a conversation in there knowing full well that people are going to make a stupid joke about whatever I said and just continue with their garbage?

You don't, that's what most of us do.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(06-13-2020, 10:23 PM)Avi Wrote: After fighting my phone, I've uploaded the screenshots to an imgur album:
As I've said before i have dms off so i would have no idea i received a warning
(06-13-2020, 10:54 PM)Meeemo Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 10:23 PM)Avi Wrote: After fighting my phone, I've uploaded the screenshots to an imgur album:
As I've said before i have dms off so i would have no idea i received a warning
And as I've said I gave a verbal warning to all to stop spamming in general chat when I gave the bot strike too. So you had a warning in both ways and could see general chat so you can't say you weren't warned.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(06-14-2020, 01:50 AM)Happy Mirror Wrote: -snip-
wow uh, this is telling

Also, Happy Mirror, lets not attack people in the forums, even if you might have a valid animosity towards them. It is never the right thing to lash out at others with this kinda of hostility. 

I understand your frustrations, but as you will come to realize that the civil way is the right way.

And while im commenting on this I might as well give some input on this unban request:

I really do not believe that you should be unbanned, reason being is that you go out of your way to be A-holes to other people. This was prevalent on the servers when I was on, and also the times I noticed you in the discord.

Ultimately, It is a -1 and I truly believe you need to reassess yourself and your actions.  I believe anyone can change, I know you said you were changing, but it has not happened yet.  If you wanna chat in DM's on discord let me know, ill be happy to talk and chat about anything
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!