Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The fact i even have to make this is frustrating.
(06-15-2020, 06:56 PM)§4Zack Wrote: This took me some time to look over the proof that was provided I'm going to give my opinion on this The screen shots that were just trolls but it got out of hand when an other donor took over Now I wasn't on for this But Like Nuru said when we have multiple donors trying to help the server keeping it calm and personality this got out of hand this is when King or norm or someone should of pinged staff and let staff take care of this issues,

Personality this looks bad on all donors just my opinion, And this issue was handled incorrectly

If we can see the video as well with the mic spammers and trolls things like that so we can actually see if he is abusing his commands.
I totally agree, the whole thing has just been a shit show - I am trying to figure out the video issues, it seems that when I was taking screen shots it was stopping the recording and creating a new one as well, so that's another mess on its own.
Go away
Here's my take on this.

Nuru love ya but on pauling's side its not actually incorrect what she did. Without proper video evidence we won't know what actually happened with what was said and whether each gag was appropriate. Now with Minotaur, him going in and suddenly muting and gagging just because he predicts that these trolls will escalate the situation eventually, yes anyone can see where this was going, but the topic of the matter changed once Minotaur decided to do what he did. It did stir the pot worst and still furthers the topic of "Donors aren't Staff" Minotaur in no way handled this properly at all and jumped at their necks for saying something as trivial as "fuck you." Any other comment after that warrants their mute. It is the fact that it was tame when the initial gag happened, but a ping to staff needed to happen after the donor and trolls in question were duking it out. In these messages I didn't seem to see this "copped attitude" that nuru mentions in her original post. I just see the same warnings staff would give to trolls like this. Unless the person who was muted randomly by minotaur at the start was saying inappropriate stuff in the team chat (if so evidence pls), then that was handled poorly. You can't just gag/mute someone cause you know they will start stuff regardless if they will or not. Record it, follow the proper procedure if it happens, don't go all loose canon and gag/mute because your gut tells you someone's gonna troll.
(06-15-2020, 07:01 PM)Abdel Wrote: Here's my take on this.

Nuru love ya but on pauling's side its not actually incorrect what she did. Without proper video evidence we won't know what actually happened with what was said and whether each gag was appropriate. Now with Minotaur, him going in and suddenly muting and gagging just because he predicts that these trolls will escalate the situation eventually, yes anyone can see where this was going, but the topic of the matter changed once Minotaur decided to do what he did. It did stir the pot worst and still furthers the topic of "Donors aren't Staff" Minotaur in no way handled this properly at all and jumped at their necks for saying something as trivial as "fuck you." Any other comment after that warrants their mute. It is the fact that it was tame when the initial gag happened, but a ping to staff needed to happen after the donor and trolls in question were duking it out. In these messages I didn't seem to see this "copped attitude" that nuru mentions in her original post. I just see the same warnings staff would give to trolls like this. Unless the person who was muted randomly by minotaur at the start was saying inappropriate stuff in the team chat (if so evidence pls), then that was handled poorly. You can't just gag/mute someone cause you know they will start stuff regardless if they will or not. Record it, follow the proper procedure if it happens, don't go all loose canon and gag/mute because your gut tells you someone's gonna troll.
lemme rephrase when i said protocol wasnt followed fully i didnt mean her. i didnt see -PROPER- warnings from mino
that part was about him. just him being snarky after halfway into it.
as for the fuck you i would have personally gagged for it bc rules gag for shut up and thats a lot worse and falls under player disrespect which pauling had told them to chill out already. So it makes sense for the mute. but after that, is where it starts going wrong on both sides. She admitted to blanking on calling for staff bc mino does have a way with getting under peoples skin. im fully aware. so theres the fault on her side.
for mino its obvs and i shouldnt have to explain i hope where he was wrong.
again its just two different staffing styles one more strict one very very laid back and it clashed but thats my opinion ofc. the attitude i was talking about took place in the pms between the two. For someone that's applying for staff, you need to be able to try to keep your calm even in annoying situations like this, and instead of ignoring/pinging for staff/not replying she also in turn got snarky back, from what i can see.

the video tho like i said from the start would be extremely helpful because a lot of it also happened in voice and both users use voice from time to time so theres a large piece we're all missing here

edit; i still agree it escalated and shouldnt have but it isnt because of ONE person. it takes two to tango in situations like this and the abuse report is for him making it all escalate but it wasn't him alone. It was a team effort here of miscommunication and different staffing styles that caused this. Which is what I was arguing against since like I said, the abuse report is over him escalating it.
Okay - so yeezus christ. 

Nvidia decided it no longer wanted to work with Gmod, which is fine, I got bandicam. Turns out Bandicam only records for 10 minutes unless you buy it. RIP me. So in all, sadly I have dropped the ball on the recording - unless magically someone else has a recording, which is doubtful. It seems as though when I was taking the screen shots it was creating these mini 3 second videos which are zero help. 

So it comes down to just having the photos - which I know from what is being said in the comments on this thread is not enough evidence, and thats totally okay
Go away
(06-15-2020, 07:42 PM)MissPauling Wrote: Okay - so yeezus christ. 

Nvidia decided it no longer wanted to work with Gmod, which is fine, I got bandicam. Turns out Bandicam only records for 10 minutes unless you buy it. RIP me. So in all, sadly I have dropped the ball on the recording - unless magically someone else has a recording, which is doubtful. It seems as though when I was taking the screen shots it was creating these mini 3 second videos which are zero help. 

So it comes down to just having the photos - which I know from what is being said in the comments on this thread is not enough evidence, and thats totally okay
off topic semi slightly but i hella feel that dont feel bad i know the feeling
my recordings never wanted to save, or saved AS FULL BLACK RECORDINGS WITH NO VIEW OF ANYTHING AND I BAWLED
i dont think either of u need any serious repurcussions or anything
mino probably needs another fat talking to bc he knws better on how to talk to people like they're below him so ggwp on his part
my english has also went out the door ignore that pls
for the most part you did fine you just lost ur cool a little and forgot to yell for backup and thats fine we all have done it i just wanted you to see that you had done that because it initially seemed liek you thought it was all him
that being said i gotta zip zop boopity bop outta here and best of luck on this for u guys ♥♥
(06-15-2020, 04:20 PM)MissPauling Wrote: Offender's Name: KingMinotuar

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:95833232

Offender's Rank: Donor

What They Did: Came into the game with a awful attitude, we had a couple of trolls online who were bringing up inappropriate conversations, i asked them a few times to stop so I had to gag one, Mino decided to then take over complete power of the situation that I was handling without asking and ended up creating a mess out of what should have been super simple. 

When They Did It: Today - 2:14pm

Potential Witnesses: Steven Prodigy, Norm Minder, Yuni

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/jJsZQf7

Other:

Edit: Wanna say real quick that the pictures may have ended up mixed around - I will be fixing that right away fixed.
I'd just like to say, and Norm pointed this out in an earlier response, that "Fuck you" may not be the best reason to mute someone, (even though they were disrespecting an authority figure at the time but that doesn't matter now), however you also went to gag one of them for burping once in the mic, and from I believe he wasn't warned about that, so when I asked you about that you blew up and said I had to be "on your side" or something along those lines.  I'd just like to see some accountability here, because the way I see it he shouldn't have been gagged yet at that point in time, yet you went with it anyway, and when I raised concerns you blew up on me.  It only makes it worse when I do a similar, equally questionable action and you go to forums about it.
(06-15-2020, 08:08 PM)๖ۣۜKingMinotaur☆ Wrote: I'd just like to say, and Norm pointed this out in an earlier response, that "Fuck you" may not be the best reason to mute someone, (even though they were disrespecting an authority figure at the time but that doesn't matter now), however you also went to gag one of them for burping once in the mic, and from I believe he wasn't warned about that, so when I asked you about that you blew up and said I had to be "on your side" or something along those lines.  I'd just like to see some accountability here, because the way I see it he shouldn't have been gagged yet at that point in time, yet you went with it anyway, and when I raised concerns you blew up on me.  It only makes it worse when I do a similar, equally questionable action and you go to forums about it.
Hey Mino,

I was waiting for this since talking via PH is a nightmare.

I'd like to start by saying I wasn't intentionally meaning to blow up on you, if you saw it that way I am truly sorry about that. When I gagged him, he had plenty of warnings already from me. 

My issue here is being the fact that you came in and began to antagonize the situation to warrant your gags and mutes - which I still feel are not justified. That's my personal opinion on the matter. I have witnessed you do this a few times now, and frankly, I've grown tired of your lack of respect to others in the community at times. I'm not going to sit here and say I was not at fault in anyway, and you're correct, I did ask you to be on my side, because even though I do not agree with what you or other donors may do, I will have your back when its needed. As for your gag and then antagonized mutes, I did not agree at all. I was actually requested by someone in staff to record this incident while they watched in relay, I will let them comment their piece and views once they have the time to do so. 
My issue here is the fact that you went out of your way to make the situation worse, and then started to act out. It was not helpful. 
Again, I am sorry if you feel I had blown up on you, it was not my intention in anyway.
Go away
(06-15-2020, 08:16 PM)MissPauling Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 08:08 PM)๖ۣۜKingMinotaur☆ Wrote: I'd just like to say, and Norm pointed this out in an earlier response, that "Fuck you" may not be the best reason to mute someone, (even though they were disrespecting an authority figure at the time but that doesn't matter now), however you also went to gag one of them for burping once in the mic, and from I believe he wasn't warned about that, so when I asked you about that you blew up and said I had to be "on your side" or something along those lines.  I'd just like to see some accountability here, because the way I see it he shouldn't have been gagged yet at that point in time, yet you went with it anyway, and when I raised concerns you blew up on me.  It only makes it worse when I do a similar, equally questionable action and you go to forums about it.
Hey Mino,

I was waiting for this since talking via PH is a nightmare.

I'd like to start by saying I wasn't intentionally meaning to blow up on you, if you saw it that way I am truly sorry about that. When I gagged him, he had plenty of warnings already from me. 

My issue here is being the fact that you came in and began to antagonize the situation to warrant your gags and mutes - which I still feel are not justified. That's my personal opinion on the matter. I have witnessed you do this a few times now, and frankly, I've grown tired of your lack of respect to others in the community at times. I'm not going to sit here and say I was not at fault in anyway, and you're correct, I did ask you to be on my side, because even though I do not agree with what you or other donors may do, I will have your back when its needed. As for your gag and then antagonized mutes, I did not agree at all. I was actually requested by someone in staff to record this incident while they watched in relay, I will let them comment their piece and views once they have the time to do so. 
My issue here is the fact that you went out of your way to make the situation worse, and then started to act out. It was not helpful. 
Again, I am sorry if you feel I had blown up on you, it was not my intention in anyway.
I appreciate the apology, and in light of what you've said about how you contacted staff, all I can say is that when I did the first gag, a quick pm to let me know what was shaking down would have been best so I could have left you to it, but I was there when you made the first gag and should have let you handle the rest to begin with, so yeah I'm sorry about that and going off on you.
Well, it looks like you two figured this issue out yourselves for the most part.

However, there is no reason why Mino should have used the !ungag * and !unmute * command. You do not know how the situation was before joining the server and it definitely aided in the chaos that soon followed. Donors SHOULD NOT be using any command with the * in it anyways especially when you take this thought into mind. Please read very carefully so that you all understand, DONOR. ARE. NOT. STAFF.

Other than that, it looks like a messed up communication error where Mino and Pauling go at it in pms and Minotaur decides to be a dick.

I don't see any blatant abuse here to truly act on since issues occurred before all the gags/mutes took place but I do not want to be here for Minotaur yet again.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army