Bring back Ernie Emote
This is already being semi derailed, but aside from the "micspam," which is an issue, what about the trolling in general that you've done? Is that going to continue?
Also, whether or not we have that type of logging system available.. people outside of staff don't need to know.

TL;DR I agree with what Noire said
(06-21-2020, 10:16 PM)Noire Wrote: Since we're talking about things said in the past, btw who cares about whether or not we have a discord channel to keep track of awarn lol and why lie about it?

[Image: bd9736e5e54085d2754cbf353221c66b.png]

So, why should we unban you this time? So you can micspam again and then get banned for a longer period of time? If so, I'm all for an unban. This unban request is a shitpost.

If you say i'm lying, you are saying Nicol is lying. (read previous post )

Given the time off, I feel like my previous unban request was a troll because I knew i was being unbanned the next day.
But your response to my serious unban request is that i'm shitposting. Thank you for your input on this.

I agree that I have been banned for trolling, but I don't see the need to be an ass about it.
I'm trying to get unbanned because I have fun playing on the server, I don't feel like I would get myself banned again for something so trivial, but I do believe I will still be punished for the minor things that i do on the server. a.k.a. my mic being loud.
(06-21-2020, 10:24 PM)Ernest Wrote: I agree that I have been banned for trolling, but I don't see the need to be an ass about it.
I'm trying to get unbanned because I have fun playing on the server, I don't feel like I would get myself banned again for something so trivial, but I do believe I will still be punished for the minor things that i do on the server. a.k.a. my mic being loud.

Sorry for coming off as an ass and I wasn't saying that you nor Nicol were lying. It's pretty apparent that we have a channel like that.
It's just with your history it's hard to believe anything you say is true. Once you cry wolf so many times, people stop believing you.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(06-21-2020, 10:28 PM)Noire Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 10:24 PM)Ernest Wrote: I agree that I have been banned for trolling, but I don't see the need to be an ass about it.

Sorry for coming off as an ass and I wasn't saying that you nor Nicol were lying. It's pretty apparent that we have a channel like that.
It's just with your history it's hard to believe anything you say is true. Once you cry wolf so many times, people stop believing you.

I understand that I'ma known "troll", which goes back to my original post that there would be bias on what I do. I just wanted to make a serious unban request so I could get legit responses.
Far as I've known there is a limit to how we can accommodate for people with horrible mics, aka constant scratching/audio breaking, extremely loud, etc. if i remember correctly there should be an option in steam/gmod to adjust your mic input sensitivity via settings or console commands. But im not experienced in fiddling around with that, but i am certain there are ways on your end to fix those issues

But im probably just rambling again so you're free to ignore me
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(06-21-2020, 10:36 PM)Ernest Wrote: I understand that I'ma known "troll", which goes back to my original post that there would be bias on what I do. I just wanted to make a serious unban request so I could get legit responses.

Well, in that case:
It's true you haven't had many problems until very recently. I would like to recommend that you try everything you can to fix your mic's boost in-game to let staff differentiate between a player intentionally putting their microphone essentially in their mouth and another one who has microphone boost issues. I don't think you should be unbanned because even if you are the latter of the two examples I listed above, there's no way you wouldn't have tried to fix your mic to avoid getting a ban.

Staff do, though, need to figure out what constitutes as micspam because sometimes we do jump the gun on warnings. That being said, once you get above 7 you've gotta be doing something pretty wrong.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(06-21-2020, 10:45 PM)Noire Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 10:36 PM)Ernest Wrote: I understand that I'ma known "troll", which goes back to my original post that there would be bias on what I do. I just wanted to make a serious unban request so I could get legit responses.

Well, in that case:
It's true you haven't had many problems until very recently. I would like to recommend that you try everything you can to fix your mic's boost in-game to let staff differentiate between a player intentionally putting their microphone essentially in their mouth and another one who has microphone boost issues. I don't think you should be unbanned because even if you are the latter of the two examples I listed above, there's no way you wouldn't have tried to fix your mic to avoid getting a ban.

Staff do, though, need to figure out what constitutes as micspam because sometimes we do jump the gun on warnings. That being said, once you get above 7 you've gotta be doing something pretty wrong.

thanks for the help
(06-21-2020, 10:16 PM)Noire Wrote: Since we're talking about things said in the past, btw who cares about whether or not we have a discord channel to keep track of awarn lol and why lie about it?
I honestly had no idea so its my mistake, I didn't intend to lie.
Reminds me of the time I got gagged and warned 5 minutes after I wheezed for 1/3 of a second into the mic because some guest said "no wheezing on my ttt server"

I think everybody needs to kinda lay back and relax, everything lately is being taken much too seriously and it's affecting the quality of not only the TTT server, but the community.
This server tends to punish heavily for many scenarios that I've seen can be defused very easily without unhappy players. Why is there such a discrepancy between warning gags, round gags, and map gags? Rather than having strikes followed by a massive consequence, these situations should be handled much faster and much more gently than what I've witnessed. If Ernesto is continually micspamming, time him out instead of following numbers given. I feel hours followed by increasing punishment is much more effective than a large consequence instantly. +1 free my guy.