Bring back Ernie Emote
(06-24-2020, 01:53 PM)dong Wrote: This is just my view, but this whole staff vs regular drama is so unneeded. You all say “staff” as a general term, but no I know for a fact that 95% of our staff don’t overuse awarn. That word in this scenario is only applicable to 2-3 people, so why not say their name instead of applying it to an entire team.  So pardon my French here, but why shit on all of us? We try to make the game playable for all people, we aren’t going out of our way to screw up your time so why attack us anytime you can? As for Ernie, I apologize that you’ve had a few warnings that weren’t needed, but you have had quite a few legitimate ones. You had also just came off of a ban. My advice to you is next time you’re on a GMod server go to settings, then voice tab, and turn down the voice transmit volume. That should fix how loud your mic is. As for my vote on the appeal I’m neutral to all outcomes, just thought I’d add my two cents in.

I'm sorry you feel that way. It's not my intent to say the staff are doing a poor job. I'm just implying that the warn system in its current state isn't a fair or reasonable system and should be revaluated. I'm firmly against witch-hunting specific individuals, so I'd prefer not to throw any names into the bonfire for the sake of all parties.

(06-24-2020, 01:58 PM)Ckg Wrote: Warnings are a way for staff to keep track of how many infractions someone has had, while at the same time having proof that we have sufficiently informed them on how to act properly.  The warning also shows up in chat for them so they can see it as opposed to a verbal warning which may be lost amongst other voices. It seems like in response you overlooked the fact the the warnings in themselves aren’t a punishment but coincide with a punishment to let players know for sure what they are being punished for and for staff to keep track of the players who constantly cause trouble.  You’re being unreasonable asking staff to control players who refuse to be controlled.  I would pose to you the question as to what to do if you told someone to stop micspamming and they decided to continue even after you issued them multiple gags? Considering you thought this ban was too harsh for Ernie, a ban for anything less would not be fair according to you. So that takes bans out of the options, leaving only gags and kicks.  It’s unreasonable to kick someone every time they micspam, because if they join back and continue the endless cycle of kicks won’t achieve anything.  This leaves only gags, which we already have levels of that we passed, and it seems as if you’re suggesting to only move up in gag length. At that point if someone is quiet after a round gag and a map gag why are they gonna stop after a 30 min gag, a 2 map gag, an hour gag, or anything until it’s just a ban or permanent gag.  While I recognize you don’t have staffing experience it’s incredibly unreasonable to ask staff to keep track of specific timing for multiple gags while trying to handle everything else.
Thus in the end the only system that works with the steps you request is to have staff completely disregard micspam for efficiency and fairness’ sake, which is just dumb.  You can’t ask staff to change their ways without us having another effective way to get our message across or enforce the rules.

TLDR: play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

As my other post mentioned, I was a staff member and community manager of an older community that ran for near double-digit years. The default ulx menu by Ulysses came with the whitelist option that is a silent system for staff members to see user notes that share the same function as the warn system and both of them are equally fair to use, but the warn system being more advanced. The warning system, as you mentioned, is used in conjunction with a punishment AFTER 3 warns. My entire issue is how easy it is to garner these mass amounts of warns to then be used against the player, sometimes not being punished even after 3. You're grasping at straws to imply my reasoning. I am entirely for round gags, map gags, kicks, and bans of increasing increments. People have said that warns are not a punishment, but when you're microscoping a player's infractions to finalize present and future punishments it doesn't seem fair to me; highlighting the problem with how easy it is to gain warnings. As many players and staff alike have brought up, they're using the ridiculously large number of warns against him that show the dichotomy between these not being punishments and being punishments - as you're using this to punish him on an appeal. At this point, you'd be better off installing a ballpit ulx command that separates players from the main voice channel and have them appeal that like a ZS server since nothing works. What I am entirely against is the time disparities in punishments that I've seen jump from a day to permanent. I believe it's fair to agree to disagree at this point as we both aren't seeing the same sides of a coin. I respect your thoughts, but I don't agree.
keep this post on track for ernie, this is his ban appeal. If you want to talk more about the warn system please create a new thread. Also stop quoting each others text walls its annoying.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
Show Content

Ulx watchlist has been broken for some time. Long before I was even staff. All automatic punishments done via that awarn system have been temporarily disabled until I figure out why warnings aren't decaying after 3 days. It's always been meant to be a tool to help punish repeat offenders, as this server has always really lacked doing that.

Yes do try and keep this on-track.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
This hasn't been on track since like the second forum page
To bring this back on topic I'd have to say it's a -1 from because he was given more than enough chances to stop micspamming and change.
[Image: ehzhie1yovv21.jpg]
Your unban request has been denied. Contrary to popular belief, I did not ban you solely on the amount of warnings you have. The warnings have, and always will be, mainly a tool used to log punishments for repeat offenses. While I'm working on updating how it works and feels once I get the warnings to decay correctly, for now it's nothing but a logging tool. 

You've been warned and punish for micspamming before, and it hasn't always been that you "talked loud". You have a tendency to scream, really loudly. I specifically banned you after getting you to a round gag for the same thing along with multiple players on at the time complaining about it. It's a 2 week temporary ban so I do believe you can just wait it out. Although I do suggest finding some way to turn the input down on your microphone if you do actually care at all.
[Image: b_560x95.png]