Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite Trusted for goes for favorite Tmod
Ingame Name: Battons / Chris Hansen 

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:49498579

Time Played: 259.09 hours or 10.8 days

When First Joined: According to gametracker March 2018 but sometime sooner than that

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Always free for questions on discord, but I do work a fulltime job so usually after 7 PM CST

Rank Desired: TMod

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community: Well I've spent a decent amount of time as trusted both before and after my "reflection time" and after coming back from it I've learned to not only control my attitude a lot better but also staff better. I feel I can offer the perspective of someone who has committed some of the acts which people are currently repeating and with a greater increase in capabilities I feel my voice will have an even larger impact than it already does. Considering I know first hand what is right and wrong on the server I think I am finally fit for the opportunity to step up to trial-moderator.

Why you want to help the community: This community has shown me the best and worst and I want everyone to have a fantastic time while playing this game. A big part of Gmod TTT in modern times is the community aspect of it. I want to offer people a community which festers great times while not being so overzealous that we push people who just want to relax and have fun away. This is a server where I have spent a lot of late nights and spent a lot of time sharing some laughs and that is why I wish to be a larger voice here on the staff team.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): haha, Yes am I one of these infamous players. 

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): 
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=8262 My old dumpster fire Tmod app Number 2
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11041 My second trusted app after being unbanned Number 3

How did you find us?: An old ex-girlfriend introduced me to this place.

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): YESSIR

Other: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TncOGNiLS3o
You're my least favorite T-Mod fym.

But in all seriousness, the few times I've been online recently with you you've always kept a levelhead, gave proper warnings when needed, and overall do a great job as Trusted.

+1
I don't think there are any issues with your level of staffing so that's a good point. Unforunately you've only been active again for a week so far, and I would like to see that turn into a bit longer of a stint before being promoted. It's possible that you would get promoted then immediately be unable to play again.

Test Moderator on Dinkleberg's TTT.

"You guys are fucking cancer."
(06-23-2020, 02:32 PM)Geist ❤ Wrote: It's possible that you would get promoted then immediately be unable to play again.

So the reason I went inactive was because of this corona outbreak my job was scrambling and I wasn't quite sure how my income was going to be, because of that and the server getting super spicy I just needed to step away for a month and just recollect my personal life. Not trying to make an excuse, just explaining that life happened and life took priority.
Also I know this doesn't add much more time but I felt this should be included aswell for my primary name of Battons (SEE ATTACHMENT)
Battons, I think you're an amazing staff member. Ever since you've been back you've been on the ball with everything. You've given me different ways to look at the server and because you've been on the server for as long as I've really been active I've known you for quite a while. I know that if you get T-Mod that you'll do your damnedest and try to better the server in your own ways.

All that aside, I can't help but think back to the other people coming back to the staff team after a long period of inactivity. We've had multiple people that I've known for a bit apply for positions on the staff team and then almost immediately go back to being inactive whether or not they were accepted. So your current week of activity has me on the fence about the whole promotion thing. While I get that you have an excuse for being inactive I really don't care you hear excuses, I wanna see results. I would've much rathered you wait a bit, have a week or two more under your belt and then apply.

You show promise as a staff member and I'd rather you not get disheartened if it doesn't get accepted. If it does get accepted, I hope that you don't go inactive as soon as you get the promotion. We need active staff that have common sense. I don't really want to give a +1 or -1. I'd much rather just let my opinion be known publicly and let others perceive this as they see fit.

TL;DR
good staff but you should've waited before you applied, good luck.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
I love you battons but you should have waited for consistent activity again, I recommend deleting this and retrying in a week or two with more time
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I forgot you were staff tbh, I kept thinking they also gave your unban the no-staff clause like mine.

You are indeed a good staff member, but y'know. Activity. pls work on it
(06-23-2020, 05:32 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: I love you battons but you should have waited for consistent activity again, I recommend deleting this and retrying in a week or two with more time
We both know that’s not how this works. Admins can actually see when things are deleted now, fixed that, and it’s one month between applications. 
The app should be denied for lack of consistency. Precedent has determined that for years. It’s not to deny people with good reasons, it’s so limit how many people rise through the ranks that aren’t acquainted with the community and to develop consistency. Which is ignored once you get mod...
Overruling that breeds favoritism

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(06-23-2020, 06:30 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 05:32 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: I love you battons but you should have waited for consistent activity again, I recommend deleting this and retrying in a week or two with more time
We both know that’s not how this works. Admins can actually see when things are deleted now, fixed that, and it’s one month between applications. 
The app should be denied for lack of consistency. Precedent has determined that for years. It’s not to deny people with good reasons, it’s so limit how many people rise through the ranks that aren’t acquainted with the community and to develop consistency. Which is ignored once you get mod...
Overruling that breeds favoritism
The precedent I remember having is that players are allowed to revoke their own staff apps if they do not meet criteria for submitting it...
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Hehe, just wanted to take the time to type this and +1 your application :) The only "issue" people have been noting is your activity which, c'mon lols, isn't a big deal. I know I have been inactive due to personal shtuff and school/work but given that you have submitted this application, it must mean you have thought about the process and is prepared for the next position :D. You are a great guy, Battons. You deserve to become trial mod! Hope you joins the team hehe