Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
make this a rule
- Traitor knifes innocent next to teammate and walks away.
- Teammate doesn't react or attempt to shoot him.
- Kills the traitor who knifed said guy.
- Obviously know other guy is a traitor as they stood next to each other as he did it.
- Kill him.
- Reports me saying, "You're not allowed to do that."
- ??

Most servers I've played on have guilty by association or "common sense" rules. Imagine punishing players for rubbing two brain cells together to create a charge lulw.
(07-07-2020, 03:59 PM)Ethan Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 09:16 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: [Image: oQcOCJH.png]
[read #3]

Like Foxka already showed, it already is a rule. It's a valid reason to sus someone, which is good enough and the way it should stay. Many guests who play (even most regulars) barely ever push tab, mark who the Ts are, or check to see if there are any defibbed Ts.

Theres no reason to kill someone just because they arent a try hard TTT player on the ball 24/7
I've yet to run into an inno standing near a kosed t that is shooting at people..... it's not being a tryhard its using common sense.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(07-07-2020, 03:59 PM)Ethan Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 09:16 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: [Image: oQcOCJH.png]
[read #3]

Like Foxka already showed, it already is a rule. It's a valid reason to sus someone, which is good enough and the way it should stay. Many guests who play (even most regulars) barely ever push tab, mark who the Ts are, or check to see if there are any defibbed Ts.

Theres no reason to kill someone just because they arent a try hard TTT player on the ball 24/7
Pushing tab = tryhard???

I don't quite understand the meaning behind people calling others tryhards every time a rule change is brought up. We're tryhards just because some of the rules remove the fun or aren't fair and we want some change? As it stands currently, a lot of things that are common sense are punished on this server, and any time changes are suggested by anyone that is even remotely decent, they're shot down and called a tryhard. Imagine a new player seeing something like this and not wanting to suggest changes because of the mob mentality that this community has.
common sense is punishable by law
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
The fact that I can as an innocent be oblivious, especially if I’m new and one of those soundless heathens, to a kosd / traitor silently killing someone nearby means that the rule is not one size fits all. It’s a gray area which would be punishable by death for not paying attention. Quite a number of the rule changes presented over hell idk how long have been to allow people to shoot more people. This isn’t a tdm, and not everyone is paying attention. As it is there’s already so many aspects going on that a large chunk of the community won’t play because it’s far too confusing. It’s like the i before e rule; full of exceptions. Kos off of location bad. It *likely* means they are a T, but does not necessarily mean the person is. Imagine a new player seeing something like this and not wanting to suggest changes because the rules are already to exception filled, confusing, and uninviting to new players.

TL;DR my capacity to be oblivious surpasses your capacity to be aware.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
There is a big difference in not shooting a T that is KOS'd and actively not participating shooting a traitor shooting everyone around them but you. It's fucked that you can't kill for that. If you are that oblivious to the situation unfolding around you I feel as though you deserve to be shot. The newest, most soundless players can still understand that person A is going on a rampage in front of them and they should kill them for that, or at the very least make an effort --- if you're a traitor fake it and turn it into, "Oh! I'm proven I assisted in killing x."

"Oh!" I hear you say, "There are too many variables! What not every situation is as extreme as the one you describe! Oh, this will be abused by our player base to kill more and more people furthering the idea of a 'TTTDM'."

This is why we have staff. Staff are there to differentiate whether or not it is OK.

While I do understand that adding this rule will cause more inconsistencies within our staff team and arguing my side of it is about as pointless as arguing for or against the knife every month. I'd like to hope that the staff team would have the common sense to be able to differentiate between when and when not to slay in this hypothetical situation but, I digress.

p.s.
If you're new enough to TTT to not understand events unfolding or if you are confused by the events unfolding in front of you, press F1 to try to learn the game mode and the ins and outs of it.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator