Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it allowed to kill a proven if they "threaten" you
(07-07-2020, 07:15 PM)Jaerixon Wrote: @Beskar Baron

“Carrying any map-specific item that can damage or harm players, whether they be a T trap or prop weapon.”

That’s the line you’re looking for.
The wand is just a teleport. It does no damage.

By the logic all the trolls want to use, on that very same map, carrying the tester manual is kosable because it can cause harm to a T by revealing their identity.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(07-07-2020, 07:21 PM)Beskar Baron Wrote:

“Carrying any map-specific item that can damage or harm players, whether they be a T trap or prop weapon.”

By the logic all the trolls want to use, on that very same map, carrying the tester manual is kosable because it can cause harm to a T by revealing their identity.
"whether they be a T trap or prop weapon" it tps you into a t trap
[Image: J6yUs0g]

That's nowhere near the same scenario at all. The tester manual on its own cannot cause harm to anybody unless you somehow propkill them.
yes, the "t-trap" teleporter anyone can get by running around the map and hitting buttons in a certain order. Very traitorous, the way one obtains it.
(07-07-2020, 07:26 PM)happy Wrote:

"whether they be a T trap or prop weapon" it tps you into a t trap
Even if you are right, it doesn’t change the fact that this isn’t clear to all of the staff since I had similar problem with the wand the other day as mentioned in my previous replies.
@JesseTheUndeadCowboy do you remember who slayed you? What happened?
Respect your elders
(07-07-2020, 07:27 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: That's nowhere near the same scenario at all. The tester manual on its own cannot cause harm to anybody unless you somehow propkill them.
Ahh, so the wand that cannot harm anyone on its own is somehow different from the manual that cannot harm anyone on its own. Got it.
(07-07-2020, 07:30 PM)Jaerixon Wrote: @JesseTheUndeadCowboy do you remember who slayed you? What happened?
It might of been Bryan, lycan, or squid but I honestly can’t remember who slain me exactly. Basically I killed a guy who keep tping me and a bunch of others people into the jail cell with the wand and then got slained for it. I even accepted it cus other staff members said it wasn’t kosable so I agreed because really the wand doesn’t harm people.
(07-07-2020, 07:21 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: So why did I get slained for it the other day then. People should make it clear that it is kosable because the wand really doesn’t harm people it just traps them. Trapping a person is not harming them. All a person needs to do is unlock the jail cell and they are out. Yes there is a t trap but that cannot be activated just by the wand alone.
Trapping someone is harming them, it's the same as standing in a doorway and not allowing someone to leave (i.e blocking), which is KOSable after a bit of time.  This one is KOS instantly, cuz while it does no damage it does "harm" the player's experience by trapping them in the jail where there is no guarantee that they will be set free.  So, in the same way you can shoot someone if they are blocking you in a room you can shoot someone for carrying the wand near you.

(07-07-2020, 07:30 PM)Beskar Baron Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 07:27 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: That's nowhere near the same scenario at all. The tester manual on its own cannot cause harm to anybody unless you somehow propkill them.
Ahh, so the wand that cannot harm anyone on its own is somehow different from the manual that cannot harm anyone on its own. Got it.
Refer to post above

The tester manual does not force anyone to test or do anything to anyone.  The wand traps people, thus causing harm.  I don't even know what you mean by not harming anyone on its own.  By that logic, holding a knife is not KOS because it does not harm anyone on its own, since it requires a person to carry it and use it.

To clarify
Harm does not equal Damage. You appear to be conflating the two.  You do not have to do damage to someone to harm them.
[Image: ehzhie1yovv21.jpg]
(07-07-2020, 07:39 PM)Ckg Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 07:21 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: So why did I get slained for it the other day then. People should make it clear that it is kosable because the wand really doesn’t harm people it just traps them. Trapping a person is not harming them. All a person needs to do is unlock the jail cell and they are out. Yes there is a t trap but that cannot be activated just by the wand alone.
Trapping someone is harming them, it's the same as standing in a doorway and not allowing someone to leave (i.e blocking), which is KOSable after a bit of time.  This one is KOS instantly, cuz while it does no damage it does "harm" the player's experience by trapping them in the jail where there is no guarantee that they will be set free.  So, in the same way you can shoot someone if they are blocking you in a room you can shoot someone for carrying the wand near you.
Either way it still needs to be more clear. If it isn’t clear to all staff members then problems can occur such as wrongful slays.

Also would to add I have never seen anyone being killed for tping peole with the wand ever since I joined back. I could be wrong and someone has done that but I haven’t seen it happen when I’m on.