my 4th false ban in a row
Well it's technically not a false ban under how we ban for ban evasion. However I will give you the benefit of the doubt and allow this to functionally serve as an unban request for your alt as well. If there are no real objections, I don't see why we would keep you banned. This seems more like a misunderstanding.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Quick question though. Why the name Jessica racist if you don’t mind me asking?
(07-14-2020, 05:49 PM)Ethan Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 05:31 PM)Jessica Racist Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 05:18 PM)Noire Wrote: ~snip~
~snip~

This is your main account, no?

Make an appeal before you join on an alt.
thats not my main account im sharing gmod on this account but its not my main, didnt even know it was banned on dinkleberg cause of how long it's been lol but yea i get the confusion i guess

That's the reason that you were banned. The account you were sharing gmod from was permanently banned, and using an alt to get around a permanent ban is another permanent ban for the account borrowing gmod.
lmao my fault make an appeal on here cause that ban is so old, ive been sharing libraries since after halo came out so that explains why i didnt have problems before

(07-14-2020, 05:57 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Quick question though. Why the name Jessica racist if you don’t mind me asking?
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...499&page=4
relevant cus recent

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
The "abusing the jetpack" ban reason seems extremely outdated and would be removed anyway if he had known and made an appeal (at least I hope).  Like I don't even know how you could abuse it, considering people consistently put their heads in the ceilings with the jump packs and that's allowed.
+1 for Unban on this account and on the main.

Waiting for evidence concerning the "custom client" that changed server commands before giving input.
[Image: ehzhie1yovv21.jpg]
Please don't unban Shy, they "abused the jumppack" according to that ban reason by using a third party client to change console commands and a specific command that is set on the server was changed (that can only be changed by a third party client). Not to mention, Shy's actions on other servers that got them banned for hacking as well. Not to mention that they also ban evaded on Dinks too.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(07-15-2020, 03:27 AM)Avi Wrote: Please don't unban Shy, they "abused the jumppack" according to that ban reason by using a third party client to change console commands and a specific command that is set on the server was changed (that can only be changed by a third party client).  Not to mention, Shy's actions on other servers that got them banned for hacking as well. Not to mention that they also ban evaded on Dinks too.

I would appreciate a response to this by OP before any decision is made. Either here in forums or in my private DM's in discord.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(07-15-2020, 03:27 AM)Avi Wrote: Please don't unban Shy, they "abused the jumppack" according to that ban reason by using a third party client to change console commands and a specific command that is set on the server was changed (that can only be changed by a third party client).  Not to mention, Shy's actions on other servers that got them banned for hacking as well. Not to mention that they also ban evaded on Dinks too.
I know in previous unban requests it was mentioned that the person in question uses a custom client, which seems to be this third party client.  That seems incredibly suspicious to me because, if it does not give some sort of advantage that other players don't have access to then why use it.  I get that you might not want everything to be out there, but when the previous admins handled it and then just unbanned them without any word it seemed incredibly suspicious.  Personally I think at this point, with the old ban coming to light, we need some sort of an explanation as to why the client doesn't change server commands or give an unfair advantage other than "Just trust me guys lol".  If this were to be settled again in DMs I would bet money on the fact that this issue would come up again given that it would be leaving 99.99% of the server in the dark as to why a custom client that can give an advantage is allowed to be used on the server.
[Image: ehzhie1yovv21.jpg]
(07-15-2020, 03:27 AM)Avi Wrote: Please don't unban Shy, they "abused the jumppack" according to that ban reason by using a third party client to change console commands and a specific command that is set on the server was changed (that can only be changed by a third party client). Not to mention, Shy's actions on other servers that got them banned for hacking as well. Not to mention that they also ban evaded on Dinks too.

i want it to be made known that shy is not me, this is a person I know and that i asked for a quick "hey let me share a library real quick so i can hop on gmod" while waiting for the summer sale.

also well as the "custom client" being brought up again, garry's mod recently updated to 64 bit, and to play on most servers you need to use the x64 bit anyway. my client doesnt work with x64 bit, and frankly i havent cared to update it cause i dont play garry's mod as often anymore.

im not "ban evading" im sharing a library with someone who happened to be banned on one of the most popular ttt servers of all time, 3 years ago.

cmdrate exploiting wasnt only possible by third party applications as far as i know. it's literally just a config / command you can change. (cl_cmdrate 50) there are certain servers that dont care what value you have this at, and certain servers that do. not that this ban has anything to do with me.

(07-15-2020, 05:10 PM)Ckg Wrote: Personally I think at this point, with the old ban coming to light, we need some sort of an explanation as to why the client doesn't change server commands or give an unfair advantage other than "Just trust me guys lol".  If this were to be settled again in DMs I would bet money on the fact that this issue would come up again given that it would be leaving 99.99% of the server in the dark as to why a custom client that can give an advantage is allowed to be used on the server.

i talked about this in dm's with gabe, you can see the proof on my old unban request. i also talked about this with hani briefly, and i even recorded my first 2 bans live on twitch, got banned live, and proceeded to use those VODs as evidence (they are most likely down now other than a few saved clips)

i didnt mean to make a big hassle out of this to be honest, you can keep me banned if you feel i dont deserve to be unbanned. it's fine.
(07-15-2020, 06:54 PM)jess racist moat.gg Wrote:

cmdrate exploiting wasnt only possible by third party applications as far as i know. it's literally just a config / command you can change. (cl_cmdrate 50) there are certain servers that dont care what value you have this at, and certain servers that do. not that this ban has anything to do with me.

cmdrate can easily be changed via console ingame. Rheinor and I did it back when setting it to +30 for a jumppack boost wasn't considered an exploit.