Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Recent staff punishments
What's that supposed to mean lol ^
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
(07-15-2020, 05:41 PM)happy Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 05:29 PM)Mana Wrote: we definitely need another admin to help offload servershit, nicol cant keep having to do everything himself, but issue is theres no one up for debate. lest you wanna count noire.
There is also Mini and Dong
Both of them are qualified and would do a good job IMO.  Currently Dong is far more active than Mini, so.
[Image: ehzhie1yovv21.jpg]
(07-15-2020, 05:52 PM)Ckg Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 05:41 PM)happy Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 05:29 PM)Mana Wrote: we definitely need another admin to help offload servershit, nicol cant keep having to do everything himself, but issue is theres no one up for debate. lest you wanna count noire.
There is also Mini and Dong
Both of them are qualified and would do a good job IMO.  Currently Dong is far more active than Mini, so.
The question so though does Dong want it.
(07-15-2020, 05:55 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: The question so though does Dong want it.
That's up to him, currently I'm just saying I think he would be a good fit from what I have experienced with him and know of him.
[Image: ehzhie1yovv21.jpg]
I talked earlier about this situation and my stance on this is that, this could've been prevented on both sides from becoming the shitstorm this has become.

I also believe that at this current moment that Nicol is having to shoulder the burden of a whole TTT server and while he does a great job, it is tough for one person to administrate an entire server by themselves. There should at least be two admins, one for the technical and one that can deal with community issues while also having some knowledge of the technical side as well.

One admin just will not cut it at the moment, and this is the heightened activity of most players that play on our server.
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
(07-15-2020, 06:51 PM)DoYouLiftBro Wrote: I also believe that at this current moment that Nicol is having to shoulder the burden of a whole TTT server and while he does a great job, it is tough for one person to administrate an entire server by themselves.  There should at least be two admins, one for the technical and one that can deal with community issues while also having some knowledge of the technical side as well. 

One admin just will not cut it at the moment, and this is the heightened activity of most players that play on our server.

From what I know, this is currently being worked on. If things go well, we'll have another admin soon.
(07-15-2020, 05:11 PM)J@CK XDDD Wrote: Alright ive been debating whether or not to say this but at this point I feel like this should be said. Note that I understand the punishment and its whatever but Nicol should have to listen and understand why he is receiving the criticism he is because mistakes were made (ON BOTH SIDES) but he wanted to be admin so he should understand the type of things admins have to deal with at times. In fact, he got admin at a time when they were all leaving and while I cant explain the whole reason cause I forgot im sure they were tired of the shit they had to deal with was part of it so he should know what he was getting into when he got the role and he has been admin for about 5 months now I feel like that has been an ampel amount of time to add another admin if Nicol felt like it was needed and not able to handle being the only one but if this situation finally shows that we need another admin or 2 then fine because the way ttt is rn he cant be the only one.

Letting him know you aren't happy is fine, but when everyone is constantly going at you after you already acknowledged several times that you know you messed up or could have handled things better is going to wear on someone's mental state. If people continue ganging up on him when he is at least trying y'all won't have an admin to begin with. He's gonna make mistakes and it's ok to tell him when he makes one. But don't act like he's the only one making the decision and put the blame fully on him when he isn't the one who has final say on major things like this.

He was thrust into admin and barely got training, definitely didn't get the amount of training a new admin should have gotten. You can say "yeah, well he wanted admin." All you want, but wanting something doesn't mean you're gonna know how to handle every situation the best or know everything you're supposed to. Not having help/not being trained enough is frustrating. People preach day in and say out that staff need to be trained better and everyone needs to be on the same page. Nicol didn't get the opportunity to do so, he got thrown into admin and practically got told to just figure it out.

So yeah, tell him you're unhappy with the situation. But don't gang up on him, cause the last thing y'all need is another admin resigning over constantly being ragged on for a mistake that wasn't even their final call.
(07-15-2020, 07:22 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 05:11 PM)J@CK XDDD Wrote: Alright ive been debating whether or not to say this but at this point I feel like this should be said. Note that I understand the punishment and its whatever but Nicol should have to listen and understand why he is receiving the criticism he is because mistakes were made (ON BOTH SIDES) but he wanted to be admin so he should understand the type of things admins have to deal with at times. In fact, he got admin at a time when they were all leaving and while I cant explain the whole reason cause I forgot im sure they were tired of the shit they had to deal with was part of it so he should know what he was getting into when he got the role and he has been admin for about 5 months now I feel like that has been an ampel amount of time to add another admin if Nicol felt like it was needed and not able to handle being the only one but if this situation finally shows that we need another admin or 2 then fine because the way ttt is rn he cant be the only one.

He was thrust into admin and barely got training, definitely didn't get the amount of training a new admin should have gotten. 
When a person goes to the owner directly asking for a promotion they should understand what they are getting into since they are going to the owner directly to ask for the role if they arent ready they shouldn't be asking for a promotion. Am I wrong? I wouldnt ask for a raise at my job if I didnt think I deserve it. I wouldnt apply for a staff position if I didnt think I could do it. I am not taking anthing away from nicol he has done a good job and im sure most people arent trying to attack nicol and gang up on him most people just are unhappy about what happen and they are voicing it here so I dont think its a malicious gang up like you think but what do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: 46713d688f8087b1f2d3b92a79d7afea.png]

Future owner  :D
(07-15-2020, 05:42 PM)J@CK XDDD Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 05:37 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
So no one else can become admin to help Nicol if he needs it at the moment?
The way I see it is if we accept someone as a mod they can also be someone who can become an admin if we need them 2 and be the next man up. If we are accepting mods who we dont think could be an admin at some point or potential one if people leave (which happens alot on this server btw as we see) than there is a problem in the way we accept mods and need to re think it in my opinion

It does not work that way currently at all unfortunately, all ranks should be treated equally and held to the same respect; something I see being brought up in this post pretty often. I bring up sometimes that there should be a little longer gaps in promotions not because of some arbitrary time that I want to enforce, but that almost always more experienced ANYTHING = better results. I think the lines between Trusted, Tmod, and Mod are way too close right now which leads to the large gap in between Mod and Admin. I mean I also believe that Tmod should have more power (Such as one day bans) but that stance is a hot topic as it is. The more experience and higher standard we hold of promotions the more power we can trust them with. Making Admin closer to the other roles would also help communication and any supposed role discrimination.

Currently it's : Trusted >>> Tmod >>> Mod >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Admin
It should be : Trusted >>>>>>>>> Tmod >>>>>>>>> Mod >>>>>>>>>>>>> Admin
(Note i'm not saying it should lead to admin by default, just that's the path to become one.)

Also on the actual topic of the events and punishments I will keep it short and sweet. Noire ended up trolling other staff at some point regardless of how it started as an active staff member, he should've been given a warning (MAYBE a strike) and so should've the staff that were online harassing him as a guest (supposed hacking or not). You wanna talk about consistency and non-bias, that's how you do it. Also J@ck shouldn't have been punished at all, if ANYTHING maybe a light "hey man next time just be a little careful with those situations" and that's it, even then i'm not sure I would've done that. I will say to other people bringing up past things Dink has done or the Zoreo situation, those things are worth talking about for healthy discussion but you should really care about doing things right in the future for consistency sake.

Either way i'm gonna go back to packing my shit nerds.
Test Moderator on Dinkleberg's TTT.

"You guys are fucking cancer."
(07-15-2020, 07:38 PM)J@CK XDDD Wrote: When a person goes to the owner directly asking for a promotion they should understand what they are getting into since they are going to the owner directly to ask for the role if they arent ready they shouldn't be asking for a promotion. Am I wrong? I wouldnt ask for a raise at my job if I didnt think I deserve it. I wouldnt apply for a staff position if I didnt think I could do it. I am not taking anthing away from nicol he has done a good job and im sure most people arent trying to attack nicol and gang up on him most people just are unhappy about what happen and they are voicing it here so I dont think its a malicious gang up like you think but what do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Once again, none of that means you're going to know how to handle every situation the best it can possibly be handled. Just cause you apply for mod doesn't mean you'll never make mistakes or handle things not great, also doesn't mean you shouldn't be mod either. I'm not saying this got handled the right way, I see fault in how it was handled too. Could it have been handled better? Yes. Does how it was handled required people yelling at him, as was clearly displayed by Sea Bass who continues to -1 Nicol/Avi/Jesse/myself when he felt the need to basically yell in text form about it, absolutely not.

P.s. I await another -1 from you Sea Bass for not going and calling Nicol a shit admin as you seem to want. We're already at 4.