Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punishment poll: Racism
(07-17-2020, 12:31 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Why do we need stricter rules? The rules as they currently stand regarding slur usage are fine. The problem is that the staff are too afraid to mute or gag for anything that doesn't outright have a slur. Even then, I've seen slurs be used and people aren't muted and gagged for it. People typing "nigg" or whatever should fall under trolling too because they obviously know what they're doing.

Making the rules stricter isn't the solution to everything, the staff just need to not be pansies and make sure the rules are being followed.
I’ve stopped wondering why staff are afraid to even ties their shoes these days, I figured it out.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(07-17-2020, 05:54 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 12:31 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Why do we need stricter rules? The rules as they currently stand regarding slur usage are fine. The problem is that the staff are too afraid to mute or gag for anything that doesn't outright have a slur. Even then, I've seen slurs be used and people aren't muted and gagged for it. People typing "nigg" or whatever should fall under trolling too because they obviously know what they're doing.

Making the rules stricter isn't the solution to everything, the staff just need to not be pansies and make sure the rules are being followed.
I’ve stopped wondering why staff are afraid to even ties their shoes these days, I figured it out.
Do tell?
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
The skewing of words also needs to be addressed. Players being sly saying things from "laggot to saggot to faggio", and the likes. Situations like these where even the staff team is conflicted, where half don't care and the other half have a problem with it. It's obvious that these terms are being used slyly to evade the rules, I don't see an actual conversation containing these terms in any context (except with 'faggio', but even then, there's no reason to have this name by itself, the only thing it will do is cause problems).
[Image: WYrY1SK.png]
(07-17-2020, 11:58 PM)squid Wrote: The skewing of words also needs to be addressed. Players being sly saying things from "laggot to saggot to faggio", and the likes. Situations like these where even the staff team is conflicted, where half don't care and the other half have a problem with it. It's obvious that these terms are being used slyly to evade the rules, I don't see an actual conversation containing these terms in any context (except with 'faggio', but even then, there's no reason to have this name by itself, the only thing it will do is cause problems).

Bending the rules is still not okay. I've always punished people for attempting to bend or dodge any server rules
[Image: b_560x95.png]

This. I've seen so many people get away with saying "n*gga/nibba" cause they say it's okay to say on the server when its not. If there was a more clear rule on where this type of trolling stands, I personally think it would really help.
[Image: dinkleshitsignaturetiny.jpg]
(07-18-2020, 01:17 AM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 11:58 PM)squid Wrote: The skewing of words also needs to be addressed. Players being sly saying things from "laggot to saggot to faggio", and the likes. Situations like these where even the staff team is conflicted, where half don't care and the other half have a problem with it. It's obvious that these terms are being used slyly to evade the rules, I don't see an actual conversation containing these terms in any context (except with 'faggio', but even then, there's no reason to have this name by itself, the only thing it will do is cause problems).

Bending the rules is still not okay. I've always punished people for attempting to bend or dodge any server rules
Ok now you need the rest of your team to enforce this issue, and the other half to stop being afraid of being called a nazi mod by doing so
We're just a giant ass
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(07-18-2020, 03:54 AM)daisy Wrote:

This. I've seen so many people get away with saying "n*gga/nibba" cause they say it's okay to say on the server when its not. If there was a more clear rule on where this type of trolling stands, I personally think it would really help.
Agreed. This happens way too much on the deathrun server, a lot of the trolls or toxic people try to justify it by saying they are POC or simply that they aren't saying it with the hard R, and it seems like they get away with it easily because barely anyone ever speaks up about it. I've even seen people come on with the name George Floyd and kids start saying I can't breathe and it honestly bothered me so much, but when I tried to tell the guy (PenisFly Trap) that I don't think it was appropriate, he said technically it isn't in the rules so I can't be complaining. Another 'gray area' because he wasn't saying anything bad?
[Image: Ban_Dink.jpg]
(07-18-2020, 03:54 AM)daisy Wrote:

Um.... actually it is.... unless a new rule was made w/o me knowing nigga has been allowed for the longest time
[Image: J6yUs0g]
PH is warning, then round gag/mute, map gag/mute, kick, and then ban. Ban length is generally permanent but sometimes is only a part time ban.

With slurs we generally do not allow any variation other than with the n word. The word itself isn't allowed nor just nig but if a non disrespectful version of the "a" is used then we let it slide. Most however are not doing it in general conversation and are just doing it to be rude and are generally warned/punished accordingly.

Some staff like handing out too many warnings some times but there is NO reason why staff should allow it to continue on ANY server. Sure it may get rough on the server for a bit but either gagging, kicking, or banning the slur users sends a clear message to everyone else. Do not be afraid to correct wrongdoers on the server especially if you are in the right. It's not like using slurs falls into gray areas like some other things in TTT.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Hi, bumping for more community input
We're just a giant ass
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions