Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punishment poll: Racism
My input is i think this thread is pointless people skirting should be punished. It's how ph did in the old days people came on tried skirting or pushing limits gagged or muted. If not for racism they were for trolling
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(07-19-2020, 08:43 AM)happy Wrote: My input is i think this thread is pointless people skirting should be punished. It's how ph did in the old days people came on tried skirting or pushing limits gagged or muted. If not for racism they were for trolling
That's why I made this thread. I am not quite sure why you made this post calling the thread pointless when you just said the same thing many others have said.

Many people get away with skirting the rules and being like "haha bob saggot" after someone gets gagged for saying the actual slur. We all know what they are trying to do so why not punish them on equal grounds as whoever drops the slur to begin with? It's normally a group of people and I don't understand why we let this slide. If PH and murder have better governing on this then theres no reason TTT shouldnt.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
From what I’ve seen, the more strict punishments there are in a video game, the faster the server’s player base will decline. It’s a video game. People don’t want to be told what to do so much.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
(07-19-2020, 12:03 PM)Cespedes Wrote: From what I’ve seen, the more strict punishments there are in a video game, the faster the server’s player base will decline. It’s a video game. People don’t want to be told what to do so much.

On murder we are pretty strict about it and our population is actually growing with every toxic/racist/homophobic person we get rid of. The other day murder was running 19/20 players and not one of them was rule breaking because we make it known it won't be tolerated.

Edit: btw, murder is a server that there are no temp bans for racism or homophobia, you get 2 warnings, a kick, and then a perma.
(07-19-2020, 12:03 PM)Cespedes Wrote: From what I’ve seen, the more strict punishments there are in a video game, the faster the server’s player base will decline. It’s a video game. People don’t want to be told what to do so much.
Glad to know you condone racism and homophobia
We're just a giant ass
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I’d like to point out that no where did I state we should get rid of our rules regarding racial and homophobic slurs. Rather I was saying I don’t think they should be changed. Glad to know there’s people who like to twist what you say and get so upset on the slightest disagreement :) .
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
(07-19-2020, 12:12 PM)Foxka oops Wrote:
Glad to know you condone racism and homophobia
lmao nice job twisting his words. Did you not see how cracking down worked for ph? When it happened more people came and got mad and never returned they had to loosen up their rules . Dink doesn't want super strict servers and moat servers weren't black listed for racism it was for faking ping, player count, and for the owner being a piece of shit. Literally nothing needs to be changed except staff actually following through with punishment.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Sorry to necro this thread but I'd like to hear the communities input on if swastikas should be punished as racism or not.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
Considering swastikas are in game mostly used to reference Nazi's rather then the religious symbol, no. Besides even if we were to use it as a religious symbol it has absolutely no place in the gamemodes present as none of them are religious in purpose leaving out all reason to condone the symbol.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(08-11-2020, 09:25 AM)Battons Wrote: Sorry to necro this thread but I'd like to hear the communities input on if swastikas should be punished as racism or not.
I mean anti Semitic stuff is the same thing as racism really
We're just a giant ass
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions