Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitch/Youtube Streamer Guidelines While Streaming TTT/PH
Hey all,
So I was thinking that since I have seen a couple of folks stream Prophunt or TTT on Twitch and we have seen a couple of guests streaming, I have had some concerns around ghosting as well as some other folks have as well. I do have a recommendation for some guidelines and rules around this. 
  1. Avoid showing other people's spots as a Prop in PropHunt when you are alive. I typically do this by switching off of my game in my sources until I find my own spot and everyone is settled. By showing my own spot I understand people might use it to find my spot but that is my responsibility and I am giving away my spot by streaming it. In some ways this is similar to giving away my own spot by telling people where I am or giving hints. I don't mind it myself but I would never show other people hiding or their spots on stream. 
  2. When you die as a Prop in Prophunt, instantly switch off of your source using a shortcut to avoid showing other player's spots while spectating (you get a bit of time while the game shows you who killed you). At this point I typically go into free cam mode, switch back my source, and just watch the map or follow hunters around. 
  3. As a Hunter in PropHunt, there isn't anything that can be used against the props or any info that isn't available to others so its should be okay to show your hunter round. 
  4. Ghosting in TTT is a bit harder to manage as a Traitor since you can't hide the T above people's head so my recommendation here is to hide the screen completely during your T round to avoid ghosting teammates.
  5. Being an Innocent or a Detective in TTT would be okay to show since there isn't any info there that isn't available to others.  
I used to use keybinds in OBS to switch sources but now I use the Stream Deck software with my keyboard's G keys to do the same thing. 
My point here is that streamers should not show any information that would be considered ghosting. I know it would be considered the ghosting rule but having a guideline around streaming might help the players on the server enjoy the game without having someone use other's streams to find out where they are. This would also help guide the streamers away from breaking the rules.
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
Just stream with a delay or don't stream gmod at all imo
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Problem is a delay of 25 seconds max for me is not enough to stop ghosting.
oh um… HAHAHAHA! Watch for the emote watch for the emote watch for the emote emote emote emote. I know this gu-NO. Oh my god dude look how good he’s at building. Look at him, he’s showing you he’s showing ya dude. He’s showing you the way. THERE’S THE EMOTE THERE IT IS! Report player stream sniping. You gotta have proof you know what I mean? You gotta always love when there’s proof! You’ve lit- what an idiot! How stupid can you be!? That guy’s pretty stupid I think. Skinswap, know what I mean? I-I’m going outta my way to make sure this guy is banned! IcyFive; alright! IcyFive if you leave this game right now, I will not report you, If we witness you leave, I will not report you! But I will guarantee your ban if you stay in this game!

if people want to stream that shouldn't be an issue, people using the stream for an advantage is something outlined in Twitch's community guidelines, and im not going to bother with other platforms
someone streaming shouldn't need to put that much effort in ruining the viewing experience just to tailor for the other players in case someone is stream sniping, and in that case just remove the person sniping?
(08-13-2020, 08:57 PM)B0T. ikillyou Wrote: Problem is a delay of 25 seconds max for me is not enough to stop ghosting.

Worst case scenario, someone ghosts and finds your location while you're a prop and they're banned for said ghosting. The best part is, the staff barely have to do anything because the evidence is all on your stream. You'll have maybe a round or two ruined, but does it really matter? There will always be more rounds.
(08-13-2020, 10:21 PM)suck my cock ernie keebler Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 08:57 PM)B0T. ikillyou Wrote: Problem is a delay of 25 seconds max for me is not enough to stop ghosting.

Worst case scenario, someone ghosts and finds your location while you're a prop and they're banned for said ghosting. The best part is, the staff barely have to do anything because the evidence is all on your stream. You'll have maybe a round or two ruined, but does it really matter? There will always be more rounds.
Honestly I dont mind people finding me like I said but I was more talking about other props.
Your target audience is not the people you're playing with... so why would they know if you're streaming or not? What sense would it make to advertise your twitch in your steam name? Your steam bio, sure, but putting your twitch link in your steam name is asking for ghosts. While they shouldn't do it, it doesn't mean they won't do it.
[Image: WYrY1SK.png]
While I understand people streaming TTT and PH on Twitch and YouTube, another way to prevent ghosting via streams is to record your gameplay and posting it after you finish playing. While this may not be a choice for some players because they want to have others watch them playing in real time, recording and posting after the fact will prevent ghosting completely.
LET ME IN.
[Image: The_Fiend_2.jpg]
(08-13-2020, 02:33 PM)B0T. ikillyou Wrote: Hey all,
So I was thinking that since I have seen a couple of folks stream Prophunt or TTT on Twitch and we have seen a couple of guests streaming, I have had some concerns around ghosting as well as some other folks have as well. I do have a recommendation for some guidelines and rules around this. 
  1. Avoid showing other people's spots as a Prop in PropHunt when you are alive. I typically do this by switching off of my game in my sources until I find my own spot and everyone is settled. By showing my own spot I understand people might use it to find my spot but that is my responsibility and I am giving away my spot by streaming it. In some ways this is similar to giving away my own spot by telling people where I am or giving hints. I don't mind it myself but I would never show other people hiding or their spots on stream. 
  2. When you die as a Prop in Prophunt, instantly switch off of your source using a shortcut to avoid showing other player's spots while spectating (you get a bit of time while the game shows you who killed you). At this point I typically go into free cam mode, switch back my source, and just watch the map or follow hunters around. 
  3. As a Hunter in PropHunt, there isn't anything that can be used against the props or any info that isn't available to others so its should be okay to show your hunter round. 
  4. Ghosting in TTT is a bit harder to manage as a Traitor since you can't hide the T above people's head so my recommendation here is to hide the screen completely during your T round to avoid ghosting teammates.
  5. Being an Innocent or a Detective in TTT would be okay to show since there isn't any info there that isn't available to others.  
I used to use keybinds in OBS to switch sources but now I use the Stream Deck software with my keyboard's G keys to do the same thing. 
My point here is that streamers should not show any information that would be considered ghosting. I know it would be considered the ghosting rule but having a guideline around streaming might help the players on the server enjoy the game without having someone use other's streams to find out where they are. This would also help guide the streamers away from breaking the rules.
Yeah Imo I'd say streaming with a big delay would be another option, apart from the ones you just suggested.
[img][Image: bAal77J.gif]
(09-30-2020, 04:34 PM)Alec Wrote: Yeah Imo I'd say streaming with a big delay would be another option, apart from the ones you just suggested.
I would say it would work but it would have to be a full 1 round delay at least which might mess up the experience for the viewers too.