Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large Amount of Staff Flaming and Generalized Tomfoolery
(10-11-2020, 11:42 PM)Battons Wrote: Did somebody say its time to address toxicity?
In before battons gets banned again
TL, DR: we play a video game

It almost seems like people want to play TTT when they come to this server, not to be harassed or have to endure objectively offensive rhetoric (I.e. racism). We come here to play a video game. This server has rules to ensure that primary purpose can be fulfilled, without unrelated nonsense such as racism or harassment ruining the experience.
If people want to be part of a TTT server with constant slurs, harassment, targeting, etc., they can join a server that allows for that, or set up their own. I'm sure it'll be a big success.

I'm about to make a general observation about staff. Doesn't necessarily apply to all, but I think many of the GMod staff would agree.
Staff are also here to play a video game, they just have additional responsibilities (that they volunteered to do) to keep the server enjoyable and stable. They don't join the server to get publicly flamed for a judgement call on a report, or for gagging/muting a slurring or toxic player. They join to play a video game sans toxicity, and to enjoy the community that forms around said video game. If the community becomes toxic and cringy, the community aspect overtakes the primary purpose of playing a damn video game, which may inevitably push older players who are here for the video game/community aspect, out.

I come to dinks to blow off some steam and to play a video game primarily. I also enjoy engaging with the community while online, but I didn't join for the community aspect - I got welcomed into that over time. I joined to awp detectives (or miss). I think most of the players would agree with this sentiment, but I don't want to put words into anyone's mouths.
This community primarily revolves around a video game. Not just around the oldest players playing the game, or around the 3 am middle school troll gang. Its all over a $5.99 video game.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks