Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible DR command suggestion
Sorry if I missed the thread that might have these things, if it exists whoops.

Going to keep this short but something that I have noticed is that DR doesn't have a !friends command for staff. I believe this could be beneficial for staff because they could more easily catch ghosters and/or teamers since going to their profile can be private or they can have hundreds of friends making it difficult to find out who their friends are who are on the server with them. If this command exists for staff then the DR staff command list needs updated.

The other item I am suggesting is that apparently Donors have the ability to switch the map. I can understand at one time when there was basically no staff and only an occasional donor on but we have several staff now who care about the server who should be allowed to do this without the worry of a trolling or overzealous donor switching around the maps. This comes from the fact that recently a donor was purposefully switching the map to maps that were unplayable and ruining the game for everyone else when doing this. This should not be allowed to happen and should be brought to Dink's attention if it hasn't been done so already.

These two are the main ones that I have right now but maybe some DR staff/players have other ideas that relate to the commands that could also be included in this thread as well.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Yeah, if multiple donors have been causing trouble with the maps changes then it should be removed from donors. Staff members are more available in the deathrun server so it seems it would be beneficial for everyone that if donors didn’t have access to map change.
When DR was made all the way back in early 2017, it was basically a copy of the Prophunt server with the Deathrun gamemode and maps. I believe ulx map only got removed from donors on Prophunt sometime in March if I remember correctly, but apparently it stuck around on DR.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
DR Tmod has the !friends command and I know that Trusted doesn't have it. 

I Agree that the map change ability for Donors should be removed as there has been MANY who have abused this.

I also think it would be smart to ADD Tban for TMOD, even if the max amount is 6-12 hours which SHOULD be ample time for a Mod+ to handle anything that would need to be longer.
Only tmod+ have !friends command as it stands, but i think it should be added back from Trusted above, and i agree i don't think Donors should have map change either. Basically here is a list of all the staff ranks that are missing certain commands,

Trusted: 
-get friends

Test-Mod

-Tban

Moderators

-unban

Admins

-Goto                                                                     

-Send 
-Freeze 
-Fban  
-Whip  
-Ignite 
-Jail  
-Xban 

-Send  
The Admin commands there aren't needed, I'm just missing them
[Image: titan.gif]
Yeah the map changing has been a huge issue and I've seen at least 3 different donors (who aren't around now) abuse it. Would honestly be great if that gets removed as soon as possible.
Aside from that I also agree that adding Tban to Test Mod would be a huge help when upper staff are not around and there's extremely problematic people creating chaos. Because kicking isn't enough most of the time, trolls love to come back and continue, and it ruins everyone's time on the server - so being able to ban them even if its just for a few hours till the Admin can deal with the person would be amazing.
[Image: Ban_Dink.jpg]
There's honestly no point for donors to have the map/gamemode change command. I don't think it's ever been used properly too besides for other donors correcting/changing back the gamemode/map when a troll changes it (like the recent jeff situation).
Also, it would be really helpful to have the friends command (as a trusted) since more and more trolls get on with their friends and like to cause trouble or trap-spam as death so their friend(s) can make it to the end.
[Image: dinkleshitsignaturetiny.jpg]