Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conflict of Interests
Hello, friends.

Without getting into too much detail, something happened in my life where I had to make an in-the-moment decision. I did what my gut told me was the right thing to do. However, while I still stand by my decision and know that, in the end, I did what I should have done, a lot of the people around me are hating me for it. At this point, I'm so conflicted on how to feel, and it's negatively affecting me a lot.

If anybody else has been in this situation, or just has something to say, I would truly appreciate the help.
[Image: image0_2.jpg]
Off the top of my head, I can't say I've been in this situation before. And I don't know the full story but I'd say that these people that aren't on the same page as you, they weren't in your shoes. Therefore they don't understand what the experience must have been like for you, so I don't see why there should be any hate.

At the end of the day, don't feel bad, there will always be people around you to support you. And also, going with your gut is what I would do in such a short amount of time.
If made the right choice and did what you needed to do, then you're fine. You can't please everybody. That's just life.
(08-24-2020, 08:23 PM)suck my cock ernie keebler Wrote: If made the right choice and did what you needed to do, then you're fine. You can't please everybody. That's just life.

it's less of me wanting to please everybody, and more of just that I wish they would understand where I was coming from. But I understand what you're saying. If they don't understand, it's on them.
If you think it was the right thing to do and even with people hating you for making that decision you still stand by it, then what you did was the right thing. Almost two months ago i made a "decision" (It had to do with defending someone) and to this day i still get hate from a couple of people, but i know it was the right thing even though i didn't even talk that much to the person (still to this day), i lost all my friends and nobody wants to talk to me, but the only thing that helps is the fact that i know that i did something good. People can hate you for what you do but only ourselves know our justifications to making our decisions, and if we see nothing wrong, and if we didn't harm anyone then what we did was the right thing.
(08-24-2020, 08:30 PM)Raven Wrote: If you think it was the right thing to do and even with people hating you for making that decision you still stand by it, then what you did was the right thing. Almost two months ago i made a "decision" (It had to do with defending someone) and to this day i still get hate from a couple of people, but i know it was the right thing even though i didn't even talk that much to the person (still to this day), i lost all my friends and nobody wants to talk to me, but the only thing that helps is the fact that i know that i did something good. People can hate you for what you do but only ourselves know our justifications to making our decisions, and if we see nothing wrong, and if we didn't harm anyone then what we did was the right thing.

I also defended somebody.
Always trust your gut. It's never wrong imo. And what the dude above said, you can't please everyone, and you shouldn't! Do what you think is best for you. Not everyone is gonna understand your perspective on things, and that's okay. You get to see who the real people are who actually care.

<3
[Image: dinkleshitsignaturetiny.jpg]