Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Suggestion For To-Do list
I've been playing a lot more deathrun lately instead of dinks ttt, and I noticed that there is no queue system on the server, I think it would be a cool idea to add that in. TTT has it so only ranks of donor and above have access to queue songs (which is a system i would personally keep in place), it would probably be best to stick with that so random new players cant queue inappropriate songs. Its just a small feature that can be added so people can have some fun with playing end round music which many people enjoy, and if they don't they can just type !stop and its gone so there shouldn't be an issue with people not wanting to hear the music.
There is a lot broken about deathrun right now and to be frank, adding end round music is at the bottom of the priority list. Even if it wasnt we would need dink to implement it but that man is less active than kenny.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
Yeah i have to agree with Derp, as it does seem like a good idea, we again have so many things we have to get done
on Dr before adding something like that.
[Image: titan.gif]
Many maps already have music or sound effects during the map and when completed. 

I don't think adding a jukebox type feature would be a good idea. It's interesting for sure but I could see it causing a lot of overlapping noise.
(09-01-2020, 03:04 PM)Titan17 Wrote: Yeah i have to agree with Derp, as it does seem like a good idea, we again have so many things we have to get done
on Dr before adding something like that.
All i was saying is it was a suggestion to add to the to-do list... of course its not a priority, its just a cool feature that could be added eventually

(09-01-2020, 03:11 PM)The Triangle Wrote: Many maps already have music or sound effects during the map and when completed. 

I don't think adding a jukebox type feature would be a good idea. It's interesting for sure but I could see it causing a lot of overlapping noise.
Its only for post round, so the last like 10-20 seconds of that round before it resets plays whatever song that is queued, thats even if someone queues a song. Granted also as of now the time between rounds is only 10 seconds which is really short, so idk if there would be an extension to 20 seconds, the last round with the map vote is longer but extending the end time is completely unnecessary so its just something else that could be done(solely for a longer queue time). On ttt people dont queue all the time, and some donors just dont know how to so there definitely wont be an abundance of people wanting to play post round music (especially if its only available to donors and staff). Also overlapping noise isnt an issue as stop sounds is a command that ceases all the sounds, so if the sounds/songs are bothering any players on the server they can just type !stop and its gone(the only possible downside being they cant choose a specific sound to stop its all or none).