Unban Request
(09-03-2020, 05:53 AM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Cyrus I feel like you aren’t sincere in apologizing for the rdm that you have done. I do not false report logs and I don’t appreciate you saying I do. Other people were complaining about you rdming too. I believe this thread should not turn into an attack on me just for trying to make sure that no one will cause problems. The responses you have give makes it seems that you don’t care if you rdm or not. Trying to attack a player should not be a way to get unbanned. Also while other people besides you were  rdming it I didn’t notice any of them doing constant or massing like you did. Now if I missed something and someone else did constant rdm or massed then I apologize. I noticed you in particular because people pointed it out to me and were complaining. While what Spunk said may be true you were rdming other people with a gun.  Even if you didn’t argue with me I was decided to post a ban request on yours before that due to the rdms I noticed coming from you. I honestly don’t care about the argument you and me had anymore at this point. I can forgive that. What I have trouble forgiving is the fact of you attacking me and saying I lie about logs. I do not try to lie about logs at all. If I see something that can be classified as rdm due to what I see in then I report if it’s constant enough or mass. Can I make mistakes sometime? Sure, just like any other human being.  How about this. If you apologized sincerely at first and then not try to attack me then I might of 1+ this appeal. Being rude like that should be no way to get unbanned. I did noticed that you didn’t seem to cause as much problems yesterday as you did the other day though. That might of been because staff were on though so I’m not sure. Look, I can tell you might be an ok guy to play with at times maybe but the other day you were causing troubles. People complained to me so I posted a ban request. That is it. It didn’t even matter if you and I got into an argument or not anyway. I would of still posted it.
I want to mention that I didn't intend to attack you, and I was sincere in my apology for the RDM that did occur and I have apologized since then multiple times because I do agree that I RDM'd more than the expectation. My point about the false logs wasn't that you had complete malicious intent, but rather that there was context missing for multiple of those and that a good amount of those aren't necessarily something that should be punished. I'm not sure what you mean by "rdming other people with a gun", because if I kill someone who is attempting to propkill others, it will show up as me killing them with a gun, or if someone walks past an UNID'D body, you would shoot them, etc, so I don't really understand how that specifically changes anything. Could you elaborate what you mean by this?

I'm not attacking you for saying that some of the logs were false, because they were. It's not your fault for not knowing the context but I'm also going to defend logs that aren't necessarily black and white, because someone could just as easily spend the day waiting for someone to make a mistake and record it and count out everything else that occurred. I'm not saying you necessarily intended to do that, but there were still a few logs that maybe you didn't know what happened and it's something to bring up.  

I've not justified any of the RDM that I DID do, and I've said in my posts, and I will gladly say it again that I should still be punished in some way for the RDM that did occur and that I regret and apologize for it. 

Jesse, I agree that the point of this thread should not be to attack you, so I retract any claims of personal bias in making the ban request to respect that, keeping in mind that context is always important. It wasn't my intention to ever attack you personally, but I felt that from the information I knew about you between our interactions together, I thought that you had ulterior motivation. Now, of course, I wouldn't say the same thing since your explanations and responses to this thread indicate otherwise, but going into making the thread from my point of view that was something to consider. Again, I no longer would say that you intentionally have falsified anything and it's not my desire to attack you, and I would like to move past this if there is some compromise to be made regarding my ban.

If you're up for it, please come up with the punishment that you feel would be fair at this point and time, if you would like to compromise and maybe some staff would agree with it.
(09-03-2020, 11:38 AM)Cyrus Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 05:53 AM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: -snip-

If you're up for it, please come up with the punishment that you feel would be fair at this point and time, if you would like to compromise and maybe some staff would agree with it.
Since you are being more respectful now and you seem to be being honest in your responses I guess I could 1+ on a reduction now. Keep in mind though that the reduction may not be short. It just depends on how staff view it. So I don’t know if the reduction is going to be short or long. Especially since some of the rdm you did could classify as mass. Thank you for being a little bit more respectful now. You should probably try not to rdm as much because if you do get unbanned you will probably be on a tight leash so to speak. I mean no offense to you I’m just saying what I think might happen. Would also liked to add that this request make take a while too so don’t be surprised if it takes more then a day or so.
bump, can any admins or mods take a look and decide? think issues have been mostly resolved and appeal has had enough responses from people?
(09-04-2020, 07:35 PM)Cyrus Wrote: bump, can any admins or mods take a look and decide? think issues have been mostly resolved and appeal has had enough responses from people?
Like I said this stuff takes a while most of the time. I’ll try to ask one of the admins about it though.
(09-04-2020, 08:32 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 07:35 PM)Cyrus Wrote: bump, can any admins or mods take a look and decide? think issues have been mostly resolved and appeal has had enough responses from people?
Like I said this stuff takes a while most of the time. I’ll try to ask one of the admins about it though.
appreciate it  Heart
Based on the evidence posted I'm gonna say -1
KOS Lycan
KOS all T-Mods
KOS Dink
Aren't you an advocate for consistency?

Punishment was fitting, -1.
[Image: WYrY1SK.png]
(09-05-2020, 10:36 PM)squid Wrote: Aren't you an advocate for consistency?

Maybe if you read my suggestions instead of skimming them only for something that supports your argument. And no, you misread the entire point of it. The issue is that there ISN'T consistency on the server and that a donator or someone who has been on the server longer would not be punished for the same things I've done. And that wasn't asking donators to be punished, but rather that new players are far more likely to be punished harsher for the same things that regular players do.

My entire issue is that punishments are far too extreme given the process used to determine whether or not someone has created issues. Creating escalating punishments is a much better format than viewing it black and white.
(09-05-2020, 10:58 PM)Cyrus Wrote:

Maybe if you read my suggestions instead of skimming them only for something that supports your argument. And no, you misread the entire point of it. The issue is that there ISN'T consistency on the server and that a donator or someone who has been on the server longer would not be punished for the same things I've done. And that wasn't asking donators to be punished, but rather that new players are far more likely to be punished harsher for the same things that regular players do.

My entire issue is that punishments are far too extreme given the process used to determine whether or not someone has created issues. Creating escalating punishments is a much better format than viewing it black and white.

Just adding this regarding the "new player" argument, I'm a newer player and don't really know the community all that well. But I find that the easiest way to avoid punishments, whether they be slays, bans, etc., is to not RDM. The community makes it clear that RDM's are not tolerated, thusly we choose as players not to do so.

That being said, for what my opinion is worth, I'd favor a reduction w/ a slay/RDM instance (or some appropriate number), since this is a first offense/bad day, and because Jesse favors a reduction. But it really isn't that hard to not left-click when inno.

Plus, bear in mind that the consistency issue among punishments is a separate matter. This thread discusses the issues surrounding your specific case. Potential systemic issues regarding staff inconsistencies are a seaprate topic. Generally, inconsistencies are more with how much mercy is granted, rather than punishment level.

-1 on unban
+1 on reduction w/slays
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(09-06-2020, 12:16 AM)Jammin Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 10:58 PM)Cyrus Wrote:

Just adding this regarding the "new player" argument, I'm a newer player and don't really know the community all that well. But I find that the easiest way to avoid punishments, whether they be slays, bans, etc., is to not RDM. The community makes it clear that RDM's are not tolerated, thusly we choose as players not to do so.

That being said, for what my opinion is worth, I'd favor a reduction w/ a slay/RDM instance (or some appropriate number), since this is a first offense/bad day, and because Jesse favors a reduction. But it really isn't that hard to not left-click when inno.

Plus, bear in mind that the consistency issue among punishments is a separate matter. This thread discusses the issues surrounding your specific case. Potential systemic issues regarding staff inconsistencies are a seaprate topic. Generally, inconsistencies are more with how much mercy is granted, rather than punishment level.

-1 on unban
+1 on reduction w/slays
I appreciate you reading everything and taking a look at it. Regarding the systemic issues mentioned, I have posted in the thread here if you would like to take a look, https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...6#pid92796 , the reason I mentioned that here was because squid had previously viewed what I posted in the thread I've linked, before he made a response and he directly was trying to comment on the separate thread, inside this one. But yes, I agree it is a separate matter and that's why I have posted the meat of my thoughts on the subject on the other post.